Enough

Which one of you actually used a Mac for more than a week, and actually hated it enough to move back to Windows or Linux?

Haven't met anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPIzp-E1msrYicmovyeuOABO4HxVPlhEA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOU2XLYxmsIKC8eODk_RNCWv3fBcLvMMy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWbHc_FXPo2jV6N5XEjbUQe2GkYcRkZdD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mac is terrible for coding.

Stop being an applefag

I did, it is to dull, I feelt more confortable using Fedora than OSX, now I'm using Windows 10 and Fedora and nothing would make me return to a Mac, is all hype.

I would use windows on a macbook so long as it has the keyboard that isn't like .1mm key travel, but I wouldn't spend the money on it nor would I want to be seen in public with it.

>typing on mac laptops for longer than ten seconds at a time

I used a retina MacBook for around a year, installed wangblows within a few weeks of Mac os.

Had a macbook pro I inherited from work. Used it for 2 years at a different job. It was starting to show its age, so I started shopping for a new laptop. In the end I decided to purchase a nearly identically spec'ed Dell to the new macbooks (at the time) because it was $800 cheaper for essentially the same hardware.

I dual booted ubuntu (for work) and windows (for games) for 2 years on that laptop, then just bought another new dell that is only running Ubuntu. I can't see myself opting to pay the apple tax again. I wouldn't say no if a company wanted to give me a macbook though.

macOS' window management is terrible

Also while you have more keyboard shortcuts because of the extra modifier key, most common shortcuts are not as comfortable as on Windows.

mbps are fine for browsing etc but if I have to work I'll take a thinkpad with windows any day over the mbp

I use a Mac for work and I hate it. I use Fedora 25 with XFCE on all of my machines because it's stable, has newer software and a better package manager, and XFCE feels more like Windows instead of the backwards, upside down, and mentally retarded interface that OS X has.

>t. mactoddler

>have 4x $3000 dual CPU MacPros at small studio
>one day come into work
>halfway through work day
>doing a batch of photos
>screen dies suddenly
>hear an extremely loud bang
>this was with a recent shooting still fresh in people's minds
>everyone else panics and ducks under tables
>they realize soon it wasn't a gunshot
>i'm staring at my Mac Pro tower which has now begun to emit smoke from the edges of the case
>pop it open
>chemical smoke fills the entire room
>everyone evacuates while i open all the windows to get the smell out
>call up applel
>apparently they want to check it out themselves and will void our warranty if we take it to anywhere other than an authorized applel repair place or apple store
>closest applel store is 80 miles away
>drive 2 hours to closest one
>oh sorry we're kinda backed up today, we have to push your appointment into tomorrow
>FUCK THIS SHIT
>forced to crash at a hotel for the night
>get to the Gay Bar first thing in the morning (the "Genius" there helping me was the literal textbook definition of a homosexual SJW freakshow)
>sorry this isn't covered by the warranty, this will cost $1500 to replace the board because we dont do repairs
>this fucking mac is only worth maybe $1500 now
>call boss
>tells me to just trash it

It just burns. ™

>hated it enough
macOS would have to be perfect for me in order to even consider switching to it.

And no, I never even had a mac, and I don't care about them, so it's unlikely I'll ever have one.

>an actual calendar on the wall
peasants

I am FORCED to use a Mac at work. When I get home, I use a Windows desktop I built from parts. And I don't want anything mac related for my leisure time.

it only took me 10 minutes after i grazed my finger on the metal strip above the keyboard of a 15 inch macbook pro and it gave me a second degree burn
that isn't even all of it, after using it in the exact same position i use my normal laptop, the keyboard introduced me to carpal tunnel, something I've never had to deal with before then
a $2,600 product
never again

It has garbage keyboard (which I checked first-hand) and no trackpoint. What's the point of using a computer with no real input devices? You could just watch TV as well.

I used to like Macs until I'd got redpilled and installed Linux.

>Says someone who works in a poor company workout an HPC

I didnt hate it but I didn't like it enough to buy another one

>Not owning an external mechanical keyboard
Your Sup Forums posting privileges are revoked

i was forced to use one for 4 years and it was terrible
i would rather have a celeron windows pc than a i7 osx mac

I did. I used one for about a year at work. Definitely prefered Fedora.

I did. For multiple years, not as shitty as windows but waaayyyyy too far from Linux to even consider it today.

I moved to one from Linux. Anything will do the job if you're just using a web browser, even Windows. I have both Windows and Mac systems as well as a BSD box. I don't think I would ever use desktop Linux again of my own volition unless a lot of things change.

I didn't hate it, i just prefer other options

MacOS' user interface is the most overrated software I can think of. Everyone waxes poetic about how advanced and intuitive it is, but I just can't see it whenever I give it a try. It feels like it was designed to look pretty above all else, and there comes a point where you just don't really care how pretty it is. It's why KDE has so much trouble gaining traction even though it's the best looking GNU/Linux desktop.

kde is indistinguishable from malware

I did. Actually, I did even better than that, I used a Macbook for at least 6 months as the laptop I took with me.

Worst 6 months using a laptop, and I used to have an incredibly shitty HP laptop. The OS appears to try to make it difficult to write programs, the hardware is much worse than I expected, and there were so many fucking bugs (vibration on a bus would cause *a machine with an SSD* to lag with some random kthread taking up all of the CPU) that I just gave up on it.

I really don't understand why people get their panties wet over these pieces of shit.

Had to work on Mac OS for an trainingship. Was a Mac mini with shit keyboard and shit mouse, so it wasn't the best environnement. but I really hated Mac OS (I'm a windows / Debian user). I ended by only use the terminal, pycharm Ide and chrome.

> XML based init system

Sounds like a capacitor issue, user.
Give it to some third party repair guy.

Convince your boss to build a Hackintosh if you need to use MacOS.

I do half of my development on Mac, half on Linux.

Windows is only good for C# and related Microshit projects.

>"to" instead of too
>calling it "Fedora" instead of Fedora GNU/Linux
>calling it "OSX" instead of macOS
>"is all hype"

OK Pajeet!

Me. Had a Macfag boss, had to work on an Apple for a fucking year, hated every second of it. Shit mouse, shit keyboard, shit OS, oh God, the OS, it's the most retarded and annoying thing ever made. Appleboos are fucking sick in the head if they actually enjoy it, fuck that shit.

i use a macbook pro 2015 at work every day. I have 2 monitors hooked to it, 3 browser windows open and the damn thing throttles and heats up like crazy.
I consider throwing it out the window every day.

that's weird because 99% of the highest paid "coders" (excluding those who are forced to use windows) choose to "code" on macs
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPIzp-E1msrYicmovyeuOABO4HxVPlhEA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOU2XLYxmsIKC8eODk_RNCWv3fBcLvMMy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWbHc_FXPo2jV6N5XEjbUQe2GkYcRkZdD

Tried my friends macbook pro. The unibody feels amazing and that about it what i like about it. He bought it for codding. Didnt code anything. Kek

This looks familiar, is this a very old pasta?

>it only took me 10 minutes after i grazed my finger on the metal strip above the keyboard of a 15 inch macbook pro and it gave me a second degree burn

this doesnt happen shill. one curry bowl has been deposited into your account. Also no 90-100 F* surface is going to give you a second degree burn. next time dont wear your fingerless gloves and cover those fingertips up dear!

expensive

me

Did it almost two years. It was horrible. Friend suggested me to move from Linux to Mac, because the it just werks meme. Moved back to Windows after two years. It took me additional three years to get back to Linux. Finally I got peace in my life. Three years Arch Linux.

It's almost as if you can't install another OS on the laptop :^)

>windows
and please fuck off

I've been using the latest 15" mbp for the past 8 weeks at work and it's awful.
- Xcode takes literally 3 hours to install from the app store. That's slower than installing visual studio on my personal windows laptop
- Touch bar is useless. I have yet to use it at all. Instead I have to constantly stop myself from touching the screen because my windows laptop is touchscreen and I'm used to the convenience
- Literally this morning I woke it up to a black screen and spinner of death. Except the spinner wasn't even spinning. It was so fucking frozen the spinner animation stopped.
- multimonitor support is garbage. I start apps from on monitor and they're liable to appear on any random monitor they feel like. Fucking hell.
- You can't tab through dialog buttons by default. Apparently it's an obscure system preference to have sane keyboard support
- Right click is disabled by default. Honestly what the fuck??
- The keyboard keys are like 0.5mm tall. Can I have real keys please? Older macbooks have real keys, why was this changed??
- Finder is a piece of shit. Cutting files isn't cmd-x. Deleting files isn't the delete key. Context menu doesn't tell you the keyboard shortcuts so you literally have to Google them. Displaying dotfiles requires updating config via terminal. And to top it off I can't fucking type a path somewhere to go to that path like on Windows. Apparently according to finder your keyboard doesn't exist
- Setting a default mail client is near impossible. Apple forced me to sign in to Apple mail before I was able to tell my machine that no, I use outlook. Whoo, forced ecosystem lockin is great
- Installing inkscape or gimp is also near impossible. Even though I have unsigned apps enabled, Apple still won't let me run inkscape unless I open the apps folder, shift right click inkscape, and click open. Honestly what the fuck is this?

Needless to say I don't intend to switch out my personal windows machine for mac anytime soon

poor

been using a rMBP for two years after 12 years of wangblows
best computer i've ever had

I'm a happy mac owner, yet I can back everything you mentioned

I purchased my first Mac roughly 3 years ago, before that I had never owned an Apple product. I still run Windows on my desktop and occasionally run it on my laptop. I would not go back to a Windows laptop now.

>Which one of you actually used a Mac for more than a week, and actually hated it enough to move back to Windows or Linux?
I used to spout MacBook hate for years before one of my friends gave me his since he was getting a new one and didn't know what to do with the old one. Surprisingly, it was fine. It wasn't nearly as bad as Sup Forums told me it would be, but I still wouldn't go out of my way to get one. Certainly wouldn't pay $2,000 for one.
But it was pretty nice.

I 'inherited' a mac from a client who got a new one, using the age-old, "Oh yeah if you've got a new computer we can take the old one off your hands for our ecycling program, (total bullshit), and DBAN so you don't have to worry about data theft" tactic. It was the 2008 model before they moved to chiclet keyboards and when the touchpad still had a dedicated button.

Wiped the drive, cleaned up the chassis. OS was phenomenal compared to Windows 8, and I have this weird thing where I'm always reinstalling Linux like once every six months if I ever use it on dedicated hardware, which isn't good for being productive. Just spend all my time tinkering with Linux in hopes that, one day, these tweaks will save me precious seconds. Love it on servers but I can't use it as a daily driver.

Eventually I just turned the thing into a recycling center since it was running hotter than balls and picked up one of those new Macbooks with the single USB-C port as a 'Get to work and stop being distracted' device. And it's pretty great for that.

We used a Mac Mini for testing.

It was absolute hell to work with, everyone hated it, and we ended up making our office iToddler do all the testing for Mac.

Why would you want to use a mac?

1/10, made me reply

I bought a Macbook Pro a few years ago.

Sold that thing on eBay last year for about £500 and bought a £150 Dell M4500. Windows. Did everything I need.

Mac looked nice but was a ballache

Owned a mac for 3 years.

I was an idiot back then. Spent 1500 gbp on an overheating pile of shit and got stuck with it until I could offload it onto an idiot for the same money.

It scared me straight and now I don't touch the damn things.

Never buy a mac. Don't make your parents hate you for being a faggot.