ITT: Reasons we haven't moved to Linux

so pic unrelated?

Pic very much related my dude.

Very little of that software works on linux, even via a VM.

>my dude
Literally everything except Office and Adobe runs native on Linux, even your 3D meme fad printing software.

Otherwise, your setup looks like shit and I can't imagine getting work done on that.

Because Adobe is a thing that I use.

>using shit that's only secure because it's unusable

lel @github desktop

>because adobe is a mistake that i've made

Why do you need four clouddrives?

I have a job

Because I'm in my late 20s and still play games.

everything is a hassle on linux if it doesn't work at first. and don't say I'm a noob I can compile from source

>even via a VM
so, you're retarded

because I'm a dumb normalfag and I cant be fucked to learn how to use loonix

>Literally everything except Office and Adobe runs native on Linux, even your 3D meme fad printing software.

Right, so,
ETABS?
Inventor?
SAP2000?
Rhino?
Grasshopper?
Autocad?
Robot?
Solidworks?

these all work on linux do they?

>some software doesn't perform well in a VM
>therefore the user is retarded

the absolute STATE of freetard logic.

The only reason is that it is lacking in software and that it needs constant maintenance in order to set it up like you want it.

MacOS is only ok for browsing the internet

Windows is just comfy

Linux is so shitty that I moved to a phone running Android than full pc + screen running Linux.

>Literally everything except Office and Adobe runs native on Linux

This is wrong you retard.

>Android
>not linux

>too stupid to properly configure a working vm
what are the suposed limitations of this "some software" to not perform as it's suposed to?assuming you don't have shit hardware

>having to work around every single thing

The state of the Linux desktop since forever

Running finite element analysis software in a VM takes a fucking age.

Doing graphics work is laggy as fuck.

>doesn't want to know how his computer works
The state of the winbabies since forever

You're retarded. A KVM will perform just as well as native windows, with only up to 10% performance reduction. If virtualization was shit it wouldn't be used in professional environments.

>doesn't want to have to tune his engine every time he needs to pop out on an errand which is in a slight different direction to the last errand.

KVM/QEMU + GPU passthrough

1. Games
2. Photoshop
3. Microsoft office

If those three things ever start to work on gnu/Linux, I will switch on all my computers.

Ok, I'm interested.

Any useful guides?

Last time I tried, the software was laggy, and the VM would blackscreen anything that had to work on stuff in 3d in real time.

Stop passing the blame to the end user, if people want to learn OS architecture they can do just that.

Me having to write scripts or setup window managers via text files so that they play nice with my second display every fucking update is not what I want from an operating system.

Even hackintosh is more trouble free than linux if you get it running

Are you running both systems on a single HDD? Did you pass the GPU to the VM? A simple google search will lead you to proper pci passthrough.

>wine
>krita and gimp
>libre office
well, I guess you can switch to GNU/Linux today

nice vague statement, classic -100/10 post

go end your life as you would never amount to anything but being a subhuman neet shitposting nigger faggot

Hahahaha, no

hahahaha, yes

Only thing that's good on your list is Krita

Steam
GOG
HumbleBundle
Browser games
Emulators
WINE

GIMP
Krita

WPS
LibreOffice

Copying all my files over to an external drive is a hassle.

It's simple shit like that, they shouldn't be a hassle.

Only reason I haven't moved to Linux on my desktop is because I use it to play vidya and in too lazy to set up qemu/kvm to run windows.
I do use use Linux of my chinkpad

low to mid tier rigs for gaming don't run games well enough with wine

No games
No drivers

My die cutter doesn't have a Linux software alternative. I also play some games but I could drop those if it meant escaping windows.

How is it a hassle?
>copy
>paste
Wut? Do other operating systems magically copy them without your intervention?

t. never used it and doesn't know what he's talking about

>no drivers
We aren't talking about OS X. Linux actually includes GPU and networking drivers. Your meme is outdated and now applies to windows instead.

Wine doesn't work on everything, and most games still aren't ported to run on Linux.
GIMP is trash, and while I've heard krita is really good I haven't had the time recently to learn it.
Both WPS and libreoffice are fine, but there are some compatibility issues when converting to an office doc for assignment submission.

Why don't you get a job so you don't need to illegally download and run all those CAD software on your home PC? Also lmao @ramlet.

I play a lot of vidya

Linux supports more kinds of hardware than Windows by far.

Well Linux does have drivers. But there are no drivers for my capture card I have on Linux so that's a no go for me.

>never used it

Yeah, sure

Having to type commands in terminal to mount the external hard drive as well as eject it when it just won't plug&play is totally not a thing

Or locking the whole disk up because of a shitty unmount

never happens

I really like photoshop and I really hate wine

that gets done automatically on distros that come with a desktop environment and file manager

The Linux community sucks fucking dick, t b h.

Except when it doesn't.

Also don't get me started on USB3 drivers

t. pajeet

You have to use pci pass through, which afaik Intel disables on the unlocked processors for no fucking reason at all

>Not having a desktop for games and 5 thinkpads for shit posting

>GIMP is a PS alternative, honest!

>b-but muh pepper

Foobar2000

It literally isn't an issue on standard desktop distributions like Ubuntu. And the only OS that ever locked me out of unmounting external drives is Windows. Which is another reason I don't use it.
The OS is literally as usable as Windows or OSX.

I'm not a retard.

I wouldn't even use it on windows since it's a botnet and Clementine is better anyways.

>full sized icons

Nah son, I'm just being real. The smugness for no reason is annoying, it's always been that way. I like Stallman, but the Linus crowd are a bunch of douche bags.

Also, M$ kerberos is still superior. Suck it.

>autism

>tfw no integrated GPU
shit

>Gaymes
Yeah ok
>Photoshop
it works perfectly with wine
>Office
WPS or Libreoffice will definitly provide you with everything you need

Intel stopped disabling it with Devil's Canyon (4690k/4790k)

>using it because it's the simplest os
>security is a bonus

A fisher price UI and conky?

>Assignment must be submitted in docx
shit tier school

The assignment doesn't have to be submitted in docx, but the graders will open the document in word and any the formatting will still break a bit.

just send a pdf then

This. It's literally unfuckable.

it' s rare that i see something this ugly

You should use the mirror more often.

Kekt n rekt

i use photoshop once a month for something basic and am too lazy to learn how to do that in gimp

because gimp is made by wizards and autists that don't know how to make a usable UI, and don't know anything about workflow

>77 replies and 7 images omitted. Click here to view.
Neat

It's UI is much better than Photoshop's though. The shitty UI was the reason I stopped using Photoshop.

I've used Windows since 1998 and I don't know anything else

Lack of any proper audio or video editing software.

Linux has zero latency kernels that audio creators enjoy using. I don't think you are privy to industry workings and only have the paltry offerings stupid amateurs freely share to go on.

IDA Pro

Can I have that Wallpaper?

>Even via VM

>le fullscreen start menu
That was actually one of my reasons for upgrading to Linux.

I bet if you use the Sup Forums tool for searching for the image, you will find it.

EDIT: I was right, so here you go.

>install wine with the gallium nine patches
>games run almost the same or sometimes even better than windows
>"native" linux port of the same game runs like shit in comparison
kek

yes

examples?

Me-ow

Wrong. Faggot.

CS:GO. The linux version runs like shit even with the lowest graphic settings and takes AGES to load a map. Meanwhile, under Wine I can run it with high settings, no stuttering and fast load times.