New mail from Firefox dev mailing list as a heads-up:

New mail from Firefox dev mailing list as a heads-up:

"After lots of recent discussion, it is finally happening. The patch to flip the default setting to disallow legacy extensions is in autoland at the moment and, barring some snafu, should be in tomorrow's Nightly builds. This is a bit anti-climactic since a few other changes that have already landed that broke a bunch of existing extensions.

Also this has been discussed in a few other threads but repeating here for folks that may have missed it: there is a preference that Nightly users can flip to re-enable loading of legacy extensions in the addons manager (of course this setting won't magically make extensions that rely on the sdk or any changed internal interfaces work). We will continue to honor this preference in Nightly builds and in unbranded builds, but when 57 (and later versions) go to beta and eventually to release, that preference will be ignored. If you're familiar with addon signing and the circumstances in which we allow it to be disabled, legacy extensions are handled in the same way.

If you notice any problems or have questions, you can contact me directly, use the dev-addons mailing list, or drop into #webextensions on IRC.

:highfive:s all around!

-Andrew"

Help!!!
What do I do

install iridium
install gentoo

Chromium-based browsers are shite

You can use Waterfox or Palemoon, but I strongly advise staying on Firefox since new extensions are better and faster

>advise
yep I'm retarded, but not my first language

But I will lose my favourite extensions :(

That is the correct spelling and grammar

stay on waterfox until those extensions are ported then. no need to open a thread for this.
confused it with "advice" for a moment

>waterfox
>palemoon
not icecat

>:highfive:s all around!
what a faggot

Which ones won't be ported to WebExtensions?
Perhaps we can help you find alternatives.

Rikaisama.
And no, yomichan is shit.
Also downthemall

Just use the superior browser

t. switched a few months ago, not going back

So now that they're breaking classic theme restorer, how will I get rid of the Australis bullshit that I've been able to avoid for years?

goodbye, pentadactyl

goodbye, vimperator.

:(

More importantly uBlock origin and HTTPS Everywhere...

Feed Sidebar. In fact it is already partially broken in 55.

Those are not going anywhere.

good, fuck neckbeards

Stop using Nightly in your main browser? Some of these Addons are being remade as Webextensions, like uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere.

Also stop being an antisemitic faggot.

Switch to another browser, web-extensions are not as good as the legacy addons.

There will never be a good vimperator web-extension so I installed qutebrowser. Hopefully I can write enough python scripts to make it feel like home.

switch to qutebrowser with me F A M

When is qutebrowser getting proper privacy and anti-fingerprinting support?

Also
>python

Yeah I'm not a fanboy for it and dislike that it doesn't have built in js userscript support and that you have to write stuff in python to expand functionality.

There's only like 1 guy developing it but hopefully they will be more. From my understanding the guy isn't a freetard so I don't think he really cares about cookies and privacy and that stuff. You can make a request on github.

Firefox is dead to me though. Only reason I used this browser was vimperator.

Can't palemoon use vimperator?

Also pentadactyl is superior

No but there's a version of pentadactly on their appstore. Problem is that it hasn't been updated in a while and shits out errors.

Pentadactly and Vimperator are the same, pent came out when vimp went through a period of infrequent updates but now they both put out good stuff. I've used both but neither will work with FF57.

It has squared tabs and a dark theme as an option.

That feel when I understand that I will lost 100% of my extensions.

Rip downloadthemall

What is better about the new extensions?

A lot of those features are in Firefox and don't need an extension

>use jdownloader
>""
>useless
>useless
>useless
>dunno
>use ublock
>use ublock

>I don't use it so it's uesless
I'm glad firefox is dead.

Is the webext version of ublock origin ready yet? Its the only addon I care about

Firebug is now built in. And the favicon is completely useless.
Https everywhere never worked as well as it should.

Depends on what you mean. Some things (per-domain settings, which make something similar to NoScript and uMatrix minus the GUI possible) are coming soon, others (like disabling canvas reading) are already possible, yet others aren't possible at all but I'm pushing for some stuff in Qt's bugtracker (for example, Qt 5.9.2 will make it possible to disable WebRTC IP leaking).

What's the problem with it being Python? The only alternative when using Qt was C++, and I'm not doing that as a hobby without someone forcing me to. And Qt is superior to other things because of QtWebEngine.

Someone is working on Greasemonkey-like userscripts, and I'll hopefully find time to review that PR somewhen after my exams are done in September.

I do care about privacy (and I'm really still missing some features in qutebrowser myself), but there's always a lot of stuff to do, so things can just take a while.

>disable features
>break compatibility
>this is somehow a good thing

>jdownloader
i was curious so i looked at it. it looks like shite compared to dta.

well, you're wrong

Nice, I was actually waiting for this. Adblocker will work in firefox and that's what all I really need

well, you're a nigger

stop using cutting edge programs if you don't want to get cut.
use esr or some fork

>since new extensions are better and faster
The problem is that there are plenty of legacy extensions for which there is no webextensions counterpart, and for which there can be no webextensions counterpart due to a lack of adequate low level APIs.

Come with me to Waterfox when the time comes. It feels mostly just like using regular Firefox, only the icon's different and your extensions won't break.

It does not have add ons that will work and it says it will not support anything at all. So we are fucked.

All I want is downthemall.

It does not work on Windows though.

>It does not have add ons that will work
They do.
>and it says it will not support anything at all.
Meaning...

How is it Firefox's fault? Developers had 2 fucking years to update their shitty extensions.

>t. newfag

Not an argument

the argument has been made thousands of times before, you just don't lurk enough.

>Update broke everything

Downgraded instantly, guess I'll use 54.0.1 forever