Poojit Pai says you don't NEED fast internet

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/08/maybe-americans-dont-need-fast-home-internet-service-fcc-suggests/

So on top of wanting to destroy the internet, resident FCC poojeet fuckboy Ajit Pai now wants you to only have 10 mb/ps internet. Does this nigga have a death wish or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Open_Internet_Order_2010
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They know you liberal pussies won't actually act on these threats. Bunch of fags. If you want fast internet move to the north east.

Next time the rest of the western world is pleading with you not to elect the unqualified retard, listen.

I wish you guys would be a little nicer to your superiors. He knows what is best for you, he really does, or else he wouldn't have been hired. This is AMERICA - if you really knew more than he does, you could simply take his job.

I wish the walmart near me had back to school advertisements like this when I was in HS.

wouldn't that still be better than what most americans currently have ?

>any of the candidates
>not unqualified retards

>You dont need 4k youtube vids, 360p is enuff
>You dont need unlimited internet data, 1GB a month is enuff
>You dont need unlimited internet music, 10 songs a month is enuff
>You dont need internet freedom news, CNN is emuff
I see where this is going

What I gathered from the article was that he wanted to lower the standards for what can be considered broadband so that areas without access to the current definition of broadband would satisfy the new definition.
This would mean that the FCC wouldn't have to step in to promote competition and growth through various means. It also means that some customers could potentially be stuck with mobile "broadband" which is generally a worse deal for the consumer than home broadband.
This is of course just as planned for the eternal Verizon shill Ajit Pai.

>Implying there was a qualified retard available
Trump was just one of two flavors of unqualified retard because the American election system is clearly fucked.

>The government now considers 10 Mb/s download speeds and paying several dollars per GB downloaded to not only be perfectly acceptable today in the United States of School Shootings, but the standard companies should aim for
Jesus Christ, Americans are actually voting their way to becoming a 3rd world country. I had better service than that over a decade ago.

>can't pass the bar
>decides to lower the bar instead
>claims that now america is doing great when it comes to internet speed and access
Sums it up pretty good

>implies that votes in burgerland are meaningful and not just exercises in cognitive dissonance and hierarchy reinforcement
>implies that votes in burgerland effect policy outcomes
>implies that anyone who is interested in effecting pro-citizen outcomes will be treated as a reasonable, serious candidate by the media or the political machinery
Were you asleep for all of 2016?

>10 mb/ps
wow, ten whole megabytes over the course of a per second?
daaamm

That's megabits, not megabytes. It's 1.25 megabytes per second

are you retarded?

I can't wait until Trumptards have to pay $0.99/post to post on Sup Forums and le_donald

You voted for it.

I recall people on here shilling for this guy and saying fuck net neutrality. Glad i sold all my computer bullshit. I hope you cucks burn in hell for shilling for this and the rest of this nightmare administration.

CTR shill samefagging

If you're so sure about it, why are you crying? Haven't you always wanted the internet to be your safe space?

Kys kushner shill

Die in a house fire, corporate party shill, no matter which party you're shilling for.

I'm laughing, actually. Try again, Sup Forumstard!

Wrongfag, kys trumpcuck

>needing 15 whole minutes to excise one little (You)
Sad!

Both of you please

I wonder how will the ISP shills defend this one?

>he thinks he's so important that he deserves a response right away
LOL trumpcucks are truly pathetic

Political partisanship is the diametric opposite of technology. Begone, foul wench.

"640k of RAM ought to be enough for anybody."

You are a trumpcuck and you deserve the rope

>muhjaaaawb depends on partisanship
This is why neoliberals need to be gassed first, before conservative liberals.

What do you expect from a pajit? He want to make all of the US refuse to Poo2Loo.

This fucker knows what a GigabitEthernet port on a router is, right?

To be honest if I was american I probably would have voted for him, Hillary was somehow worse, it was the worst election yet

ITT
>nobody understands what title ii is
>arguments that muh throttling=censorship
>arguments about muh free market when said market has regulatory capture
>netflix is a victim
>netflix is a villian
>even dumber yuropoors come in and say they don't have these problems while their governments are going full 1984
Same fucking story, every fucking thread. OP needs to kys.

>ITT: lobbyist wannabes
Approximately, yes.

it's almost as if there is a shilling campaign orchestrated by GOP SuperPACs

>americans voted for this

Why did you guys do it?

$hitlery's resume:
>one term senator with no major bills introduced by her
>4 years at state department, where she further destabilizes the middle east
>somehow being first lady counts (kek)
>has loads of financial baggage and accusations by Haiti of stealing relief money
yeah, i'd vote for her. ctr shill gtfo.

Just as likely to be Democrat super-PACs. Not that either party considers the free flow of information anything other than a tactical benefit or a cheap slogan.
Gas the lot of them.

I'd rather risk being mugged in Hong Kong than dealing with the fuckery my country is in.

Anybody have any helpful information about HK or alternative ideas/places?

Didn't democrats put in net neutrality in the first place?

>Hong Kong
>Beijing breathing down your neck
Every country is fucked right now, WWIII is inevitable. Burgerland is least fucked right now, and might as well stay in the nation with the strongest military when the shit hits the fan.

Yes.

>WWIII is inevitable
Let me guess, you somehow just learned about the shit in Korea that's been going on for decades now. Nothing is going to happen because Grorious Reader isn't an idiot with a death wish.

Thanks for the advice.

So then why are people saying that hilary would've done the same thing?

Because they're fucking idiots.

>Let me guess, you somehow just learned about the shit in Korea that's been going on for decades now.
Wrong.
>Nothing is going to happen because Grorious Reader isn't an idiot with a death wish.
I know, but it's as if you didn't know about the other shit happening in asia right now, as well as the rest of the world.

>but it's as if you didn't know about the other shit happening in asia right now
What other shit do you seriously believe is going to bring about WWIII? It's not happening.

Look at the world fucktard and stop fixating on asia.

wow great response, you really showed him

No, they didn't. It was never an official policy, only a general custom and an aspiration.
Even if it was, both parties still need to be gassed for sucking corporate cock.

Asia is the world, you western bubble dweller.

This is not what the paper means.
The paper even asks if they should change what speed broadband should be, from 25/3.

All of this propaganda means that a lot of misinformed people are going to make comments insulting Ajit Pai and the FCC for "net neutrality" and "fast internet".

Always read the source material and be an objective reader anonymous! Form your own opinions.

>No, they didn't. It was never an official policy, only a general custom and an aspiration.
Except that's wrong.

>Didn't democrats put in net neutrality in the first place?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Open_Internet_Order_2010

If it never happened then why are they talking about getting rid of it?

>obama's FCC

So yes?

>The United States Federal Communications Commission established four principles of "open internet" in 2005:
>Consumers deserve access to the lawful Internet content of their choice.
>Consumers should be allowed to run applications and use services of their choice, subject to the needs of law enforcement.
>Consumers should be able to connect their choice of legal devices that do not harm the network.
>Consumers deserve to choose their network providers,application and service providers, and content providers of choice.
I think it was a way of saying "we'll be coming for you soon". They only tried to make it law in 2010.

>wow, ten whole megabytes over the course of a per second?
bit =/= byte
8 bit = 1 byte
commonly, net providers use bit naming scheme and not bytes
so it seems good for the untrained eye

>net providers use bit naming scheme and not bytes
>so it seems good for the untrained eye
Are you fucking retarded? They base their measurements on bits instead of bytes because ethernet and fiber transfer data as streams of bits, as opposed to whole bytes at a time. This is the same reason why USB and SATA speeds are measured in bits while the older IDE and parallel port (both of which use multiple data lines for transmitting full bytes at a time) speeds are measured in bytes.