Consumer Reports: Microsoft Surface is Dead Last for Reliability

thurrott.com/mobile/microsoft-surface/132728/consumer-reports-microsoft-surface-dead-last-reliability

>According to a Consumer Reports survey of over 90,000 tablet and laptop owners, an estimated 25 percent of those with Microsoft Surface devices will experience “problems by the end of the second year of ownership.” This failure rate is the worst in the industry by far among mainstream PC makers, the publication says, and as a result, it is pulling its “recommended” designation for all Surface products.

MS is over.

I hate Microsoft as much as the next guy but these are the people who rated Beats as the best headphones of the year

What do you expect when the Surface's entire philosophy is to be unrepairable?

>the absolute state of The Verge
How many poojeet dollars did the MS CEO pay them for their review?

>The Verge, last week: “The Best Laptop You Can Buy Right Now (2017)”. Bonus points for the sub-head: “Get a laptop that’ll last.”

>Lenovo
>owner of the ThinkPad brand
>6th

In 2017?

Reminds me of the HP Pavillion series 6000 notebook.
90% failure rate.

What constitutes "problems"?

Reminds me of xbox

Lenovo is fucking shit now and newer Thinkpads aren't even that good anymore. The other stuff is literal garbage tier build quality.

we dish out surfaces to idiots who want them at my job. most people give them back but otherwise we see numerous software and hardware issues. not to mention when you install office, you have to be sure to uninstall the windows 10 versions of those apps otherwise it prompts for a microsoft account and tries to cuck people into a 365 subscription.

Lenovo also include their Ideapad line which are not thinkpads

they are competitively priced so have problems with durability

same with Asus/Dell/HP

their budget ranges have higher reliability issues

while Apple and Samsung only sell premium laptops

>hp
>acer
>ahead of even the shittiest Lenovo PCs

This.

Plus I doubt Apple is really so much better than the competition for QC.

I've had one since 2014 and a second since early 2016. Both have been great.

Yeah, makes sense that big guys like Dell and HP are weighed down by their budget trash. What's disturbing is that all Surface products are sold at a premium yet they're no where near the quality of Apple or Samsung.

In other news, APPLE IS THE MOST RELIABLE COMPUTER AVAILABLE!

Suck on a dick, Apple haters.

Why was there never a Surface 4?

Branding.

can i still suck a dick if im an apple person?

>buying micropajeet products in current year

times have changed grandpa, lenovo is chink trash with built in backdoors now

Especially if

Leave Rippletits on /fit/ normalfag