Dell XPS sucks

>Got a i7-7500u dell xps13 4k 16gb RAM 512 nvme
>coil whine
>keyboard feels like shit
>shit battery life
>shit touchpad buttons
>goes to sleep mode and screen stays black even though the power button is on
Why did u recommend me this shit laptop Sup Forums?
What should I get instead?

chinkpad x1 carbon

I like HP Elitebook, you'll probably hate the screen though.

just get a mac or an x1 cuckbon

I had the coilwhine issues as well. And I agree, the trackpad is garbage. I returned mine.

What's coil whine?

Got the 15.6in i7-7700HQ with 8gb RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 1050, and 1080 screen and I have no coil whine issues, no battery life issues (i do plan to upgrade to 86w/hr battery, though), and no sleep issues. Keyboard is not the best, but I have a portable mech if I need to type for an extended period of time. Trackpad is pretty okay for me, but I also have a portable mouse when necessary.

Idk senpai, sounds like you got a bad one. Return and try again.

It's an issue with one of the coils on the mobo being made cheaply/poorly and it makes this high pitched whining noise, not dissimilar to liberals. Most of the time it's only audible in dead-silent rooms (overhead lighting is more audible).

Isn't switching out batteries dangerous?

People have done it with no issues. Just gotta make sure the battery is rated well and is legit.

x1 carbon

OP managed to get the model that's more overpriced than the MacBook.

>he got the US version
Burger pls...

X1 carbon isn't very owner friendly as far as I'm aware. Much better off with the slightly thicker standard model.

sleep issue is software
laptops are meme tier, get a desktop fgt

does the ubuntu model have these issues?

>isn't very owner friendly
?
Looking at buying the Gen5 X1C. I haven't heard anything bad about it. For me, it's a toss-up between the X1C gen5 and the T470s.

Actually, no, the T470s is kinda stupid.
It's unjustifiably expensive, and looks like the retarded little brother of the T470. There aren't any advantages except being slightly lighter.

The only advantages over the X1C seem to be
1. Extra USB3.0 type A ports
2. ThinkPad dock connector

Don't forget the terrible hinges that are bound to fail after a year of normal use.

The t470 still has user replaceable parts as far as I'm aware. The s and X1 are all on the board ultrabook tier

This, I have an XPS 13 9360 and no problems except I ruined the touchpad myself.

Refurb Xps15 9550 here, no problems for 6 months. Is this a common problem?

Dell Precision 5520.

I got a XPS13 9360, upgraded from an older Macbook Air

>coil whine is windows specific problem, never had it since i dont run windows
>i like the textured keyboard better than my macbook air
>battery life is really good for how thin this laptop is
>touchpad is not quite as good as the macbook air, but close
>??

>hinges that are bound to fail
source?

> i7-7500u
>U
>xps13 4k
scale 1 to infinity how retarded are you?

I got it for 800...
But i do have a desktop? I got money to afford both
It is probably because I updated from an old thinkpad. I dual boot [spoiler]Solus and am not kevin[/spoiler] and I still get the coil whine on that.
Why? it is the top of the line cpu with a high resolution monitor?

The coil whine just goes away for some people. I had a xps 9350 and on the first day the coil whine was terrible. Like 2 months later I noticed that it stopped. Seriously wtf is with the qc on these laptops.

should've gotten a mac.

What's the point in making tech as THINN as possible? Making laptops thick enough would make temperatures better and the laptop would be easier to repare

top of the line cpu
high resolution monitor
to ∞

LOL this you bought the retarded spec model.
ofcourse you are going to get shipped crap

I got an XPS 15 9950 and it runs flawlessly.
Only trouble I had was when I just got it there weren't any NVME Ubuntu drivers or something weird was going on but eventually I installed ubuntor on my non retarded model and i've been rolling good ever since.

some issues with sound driver but whatever.
I'm not running noob wangblows.

>tech as THINN as possible
portability

>I'm not running noob wangblows.
But, you see. I have a job

Exactly how is this the >the retarded spec model.

>buy dedicated gpu gaymin laptops
you are retarded. Worse than op t b h

Got my 9350 i5 non touch arriving today. Upgrade from a flippy screen xps 12 because i never use the touch shit

what am in for except crushing disappointment

touch shits are terrible. You are in for a crapshoot user. Some are great and some have serious qc issues. I would almost just say get a refurbished model and make dell fix the issues to sell it again.

it is a refurb, like the xps 12 that it's replacing. i had the 12 for 3 years, no major issues to report. we will see.

honestly refurbished models are the way to go in any product. A company gets a returned product and realizes that it needs to fix it and pay more attention to the product to sell it again.

xps has been going downhill for awhile. The coil whine has been on their xps models for awhile and they are doing nothing about it. I am going zenbook on my next one.

EpiFag

The older thinkpads could easily fit into a backpack or some hipster carrier bag, and repair is easy, this is inexcusable with the forced obsolescence and fucking over features for "portability"

I feel the same about mine. I bought a 100 dollar thinkpad and use that now.

Coil whine happens when some evil spirit haunts your electronic device

Lenovo yoga shit 901

>4k on a 13" screen

>Why did u recommend me this shit laptop Sup Forums?

Because it's Thinnnn (TM).

And that's all that matters with electronics these days.

Xiaomi air 13.3

>hey guys, why is everyone using a mac?

>Got a i7-7500u
an*
>i7-7500U
>U
You got AN i3-(7)500
It's a dual core with hyperthreading, therefore an i3, it's a low voltage with no performance just to save battery.
16GB is enough for a computer you don't play on.
512GB NVME is good.
>Coil whine
faulty device, return, get a new one
>shit battery life
You choose a slim laptop and expect a fat battery?
>shit touchpad buttons
All touchpads are shit, use a mouse.
>goes to sleep mode and screen stays black even though the power button is on
Then turn off that setting in power settings in control panel.