Well, which is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

ix.io/w6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aqua UwU

Xfce master race

awesome wm

Budgie (MATE)

Not that I'm big into ricing but how different can xfce look? Default xfce4 looks so fucking dated

Aren't these two completely different des

Enlightenment DR22

nice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggotnice shitpost faggot

owo

Are they at 22 already? And I bet it's as unstable as always.

It's actually pretty decent user. Give it a try some day.

i3 + some gnome apps

1. KDE
2. XFCE
3. GNOME

Best at what?

Until Wayland support grows, basically this.

whichever one I decide to use

KDE 3 was the best ever. Please, someone, can you port that to a new distro?

XFCE is dated but still the best.
You do know about existence of a project Trinity, don't you?

I didn't know about Trinity. Thanks :)

deepin

openbox

KDE what, Plasma?

I like GNOME

LXQt + KWin

MATE

having no DE is $100% better

Plasma is the best DE, but I think a window manager without a DE looks better.

it's extremely customizable. here's mine setup.

>Date and time not centered
This will never not trigger my autism. Why can't they just put an option for pixel offset for things on the panel.

Is solus mate unstable garbage or is that a meme

Looks like a poor's man Gnome.
That being said, Xfce is great. It can function like openbox (right click for applications, middle for switching between runnung programs) or it can be a nice old-school Windows experience with the sane start menu (whisker), separate shortcuts and window buttons on a single panel.
It is also lightweight (even compared to MATE) and very stable (looking at you KDE). The biggest dissapointment, however, is that gtk3 applications have different window decorations whick ruins a stylistical consistency of a desktop theme.

ZorinOS and ChaletOS have decently themed Xfce.

Linux doesn't have a stable enough DE that isn't a e s t h e t i c like XFCE is, so i3 is the best X solution.

Mate with i3

DE: none
WM: awesome

>It is also lightweight (even compared to MATE) and very stable (looking at you KDE).

I thought mate was the unstable one

they are both far from stable. It's not that bad as it used to be when KDE 5 crashed literally every 15 minutes but still not good enough for a comfy desktop experience. Gnome 3 is better. With the right extensions it can be very pleasant to work with. If it wasn't so resource heavy - I would probably use it instead of XFCE. It's not like you can get any slowdowns if you have +4GB of RAM but I still like to have as much free resources for myself as possible.

Common Desktop Environment

I like i3wm

Of course. It does the job and require very few tweaking.

Gnome pretty much. Waiting until early 2019 before I'll switch it up again.

more like WHENland

Unity

they are
im a mate fan myself, with xfce being my second favorite

owo

gnome

holy fucking shit fuck this DE.

I installed it with Antergos and I still can't get the dock applet to work. No matter what, the fucking shit just doesn't want to add to the panel.

I've used Linux as my main OS for 14 years now, and I have tried out almost every DE there is. And in my opinion Cinnamon and XFCE are currently the best DEs around.
GNOME is too buggy and alt tabbing fullscreen opengl applications isn't smooth at all. Also, the vanilla DE is shit and they constantly break compatibility with the plugins that make it usable.
Unity was good but the panel didn't manage many windows from the same program very well. I also missed being able to customize stuff.
Used KDE for a long time, way back before plasma was released, it was the first DE that I sticked with. But then the plasma update introduced some kind of compatibility issue with something in my pc, that makes the entire system always crash after half a minute or so after starting the DE, making it unusable. Almost ten years later, the same bug is still there and I still can't fix it.
I liked Openbox and WMs in general a lot, but they either lack functionality or full compatibility with recent applications.
Just tried GNOME again for past three months but ended up coming back to Cinnamon again, two weeks ago.
Haven't tried Pantheon or Budgie yet.

Plasma > shit > Gnome
Anything else is broken garbage for memespouters.

cuck and/or troll/retard

Pantheon followed by GNOME
unfortunately Pantheon works like whit with GTK 3.22 so I just use gnome

memespouting retard spotted
enjoy your abandonware de/script kiddie wm

1. GNOME (w/ extensions)
2. Plasma
3. XFCE (w/ Compton)
4. Budgie
5. Cinnamon
6. GNOME (no extensions)

Everything else is hot garbage.

speak for yourself KDEcuck

No

Which extensions? I tried gnome with various extensions but I've never managed to make it half as comfy as kde with active window control and latte-dock.

I prefer a more traditional desktop so I use Dash to Panel at 32 height. TopIcons Plus because those icons are annoying. Dynamic Panel Transparency if I feel like I want my dock transparent.

And default ones like User Themes, Removable Drive Menu, AlternateTab

/thread

Also while we're at it, Safari is the best browser 

Dash to dock
Disable top left corner
a tiling plugin of your choice
Then tweak the top panel to have a real applications menu and to show you more information.
Basically, making it work and look like you are using a desktop UI. You know, like it was supposed to do before the devs started drinking from the toilet.

Nice. Custom desktop shortcuts work well unlike unity.

windows explorer

It is a shame that Windows Explorer panics when one true to map a network drives like SFTP, FTP, and FTPS, but if works fine with SAMBA/SMB.

explorer.exe

GNOME 3 is the best of them all. I highly recommend. It was shit when it just released, but right now it's the best DE.

Unironicly kde

I just realized Aqua looks like a shitty GNOME Shell theme now

You mean GNOME looks like a shitty Aqua and you need to theme GNOME to make it look good.

At least GNOME CAN look good, you're stuck with Aqua even if you don't like it.

Xfce

>three panels
>all this wasted screen space
for what purpose?

>Default xfce4 looks so fucking dated
it is dated and it is basic as shit

it's being discontinued m8

sidenote: How would I fix my fucking fonts? White on black fonts look horrible with my current config~. link here ix.io/w6A says to symlink but I can't for the life of me understand what they meant by this

im surprised that nobody mentioned LXDE, that shit is blazing fast and doesn't eat almost anything

It's basically a shittier Xfce abandoned for LXQt.

hand riced xfce4

xfce with openbox as the wm

it's also hideous

I tried that guide and it ended up looking like shit. I just ran dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config and selected always for the LCD setting thing then ran dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig and my fonts look pretty good.

Fuck rice it's all about not being a resource hog.

i use i3 :3

I can switch it, and you just said GNOME can look good BY looking like Aqua.

Best?
KDE is the most deluxe. If you're response to that is "Hurr durr bloat", consider jwm, it's what puppy uses.

Is that you?

Lumina

yes

Oh nice. Pretty.

TITS or GTFO

this is a blue board and i dont rly have tits im a guy

You're the fittest lad I've ever seen Dave.

EVERYONE WE NEED TO TALK!
KDE IS BUG-RIDDEN SLUGGISH BLOATWARE!

In other news, politicians are corrupt and the church is a front for pedophiles.

kek
Show us your dick!

this is a BLUE BOARD user ;_;

>not using superior tiling WM
basically everone in this thread

Fake news.

Dude, if you're not using KDE 3, you've basically given up on life.