Who /ready for 57/ here?

who /ready for 57/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.1/releasenotes/
activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/tag/1.0.1b5
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6sh2nt/umatrix_is_now_available_as_a_pure_webextension/
google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html
discourse.mozilla.org/t/support-ublock-origin/6746/451
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/download/1.13.9b8/uBlock0.webext.xpi
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Firefox-WebExtensions
add0n.com/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bulk-media-downloader/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328244
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

55 is a fucking buggy mess. Probably rolling back to 54.

It got a point upgrade today tho.
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.1/releasenotes/

I thought FF 55 was supposed to get a screenshot tool? Why am I not getting it?

Why are tabs so fucking ugly now? at least compact dark theme looks okay. Is there anything else like it that modifies the look of tabs?

>you are currently on the BETA update channel

Sounds about right.

Maybe you have a bloated profile or something like that blocking it from being ON by default. Use this to force it:
extensions.screenshots.system-disabled
set to true

neither tampermonkey and violentmonkey work for me, umatrix and ublock chop up half their UI and https everywhere just shows some blank shit instead of the UI
so no thanks

you clearly can't into reading comprehension
i sad it doesn't work for me

>you clearly can't into reading comprehension
just admit that you're new and/or underage & b&

>Fireshit
fuck off.

activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html

>sad
Sad indeed lel.
>take his money
>do whatever they want
>you're still in change of what you browse, access and what you see.
I don't see a problem unless firefox would block infowars or something this retarded which would never happen. And even if they went completely insane there are forks.

are you fucking retarded or just pretending

Dude, your profile is fucked or there's something else going on worth your computer. Nobody else has this problem.

> politics is relevant in technical decisions

good goy. just let some SJW browser tell you what's fake and what's the truth.
dumb fuck.

1) it's your problem it doesn't work, it works for everyone else
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/tag/1.0.1b5
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6sh2nt/umatrix_is_now_available_as_a_pure_webextension/
even for redditors like you

2) we clearly were talking about what you saw on screenshot *monkey not working and ublock having issues (everything works fine though, you special snowflake)

3) https everywhere is trash and placebo because it uses filter list instead of working on any website like say smart https revived
(both of are webext and work fine no my machine™)

4) not wasting any more words on complete tech-illiterate moron & summerfag

>worth
>opinion of a phoneposter
>ever mattering
Don't make me laugh.

my profile isn't fucked, i used a brand new on nightly and it still didn't work
some user even made a webm about violentmonkey not working last week it shows the same problem everyone has that it can't install scripts

>MOM FIREFOX IS FORCING ME TO USE GOOGLE
Seek help.

you're a retard, even gorhill said it has bugs out the ass cause the webext API sucks also now fuck off mozilla shill

>get an advice from 2 people because your shit is not working
>YOU FUCKING SJW PHONE POSTER REEEE FIRESHIT KEKS I HATE YOU
>still proceeds to stay in the thread
Here, a link for you m8
google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Are you lost, pal?
What are you talking about?
Why should I downgrade my browser if it works perfectly fine?

>even gorhill said it has bugs out the ass cause the webext API sucks

nice source, here is mine:

Chromium-based browsers do not support user styles
Chromium-based browsers can’t block data: URI-based requests through the webRequest API.
Chromium-based browsers are being “infested” by Instart Logic tech9.9k which works around blockers and worst, around browser privacy settings (they may start “infecting” Firefox eventually, but that is not happening now).
I am not aware of any anti-fingerprinting initiative taken up with Chromium, unlike with Firefox2.6k.
Etc.

There is much more I could list here. It baffles me that some people thinks Firefox is becoming a “Chrome clone”, it’s just not the case, it’s just plain silly to make such statement.

aaaaahh

Looks like someone got btfo by gorshill himself kek

Will it fix lag and lower RAM usage?

How much are you getting paid by the mozilla corporation?
Where can i send my CV?

Good goy. Bring Jewgle into this when we're discussing SJWzilla

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

ps: remember to give all your savings to Mozilla so they can feed niggers in Africa.

BTFO

based gorhill

>samefagging this hard
You're an angry little shill.

I lost compatibility with uBlock Origin today on nightly. Fuck.

I'm on chrome right now. I'll wait for 58 to hit stable because I suspect that they need a bit more time than till november.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/download/1.13.9b8/uBlock0.webext.xpi

>ublock origin
I have a question about this. I've always used ABP, but uBlock Origin seems to have better performance, so I'm almost sold. But since it intercepts HTTP requests, does it allow blocking individual elements on a page, like a div with a specified class?

Thanks bro. Why hasn't it been put on the Mozilla's addon page already?

I'll continue to use qutebrowser.

I'm not.
I'm waiting for a replacement for
* tab groups
* session manager
* stylish (with ability to style UI)
If these don't come when 57 lands, I'm switching to waterfox or something like that.

Reminder that if you upgrade to 55, there's no option to downgrade back (or switch to 52 ESR) without making a new profile.
Thanks Mozilla.

For now, you can modify the way tabs look via either:
* themes
* stylish with xul style
* userChrome.css
Come 57, the first two will be scratched.

Thanks Mozilla!

Fork 56 and fuck mozilla

fuck you bullshitter

>lower RAM usage
it already has lower ram usage than other browsers, they are programmers not wizzards

All addons are still working for me.

And what do you use retard? Dont tell me that you use chrome or fork of it

in dev channel
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

Notes
Firefox WebExtensions

Given the announcement that legacy extensions will be disabled tomorrow in the Nightly build, I pushed uBO/webext -- the pure WebExtension version -- to dev channel of uBlock Origin on AMO.

If you wish to migrate from 1.13.8 to uBO/webext but want to keep all your settings/data, just go through the intermediate step of installing uBO/webext-hybrid before installing uBO/webext. The most recent uBO/webext-hybrid is 1.13.9b7, available in dev channel on AMO.

See Firefox WebExtensions documentation for up to date information regarding the uBO/webext[-hybrid].
Closed as fixed:
Firefox

Annoying popup when navigating to addon detail page in Add-on Manager

Core

[Performance] Reduce overhead of handling the collapsing of blocked resources
Please consider changing the popup icon's cross sign
Using an allow rule on 1st-party hostname does not prevent scriptlets injection
Use dummy localStorage if none available (issue has been removed, no clue why)
Image download fails with "Failed - Blocked" with no-large-media enabled with small max size
uBO doesn't apply :style() filters in some situations

test

Down them all doesn't work for me (though I rolled back to 2017-08-04 to keep tree style tabs so maybe it works again in the build you are using).

You caught me, it doesn't work. But it is there. I am waiting for a next update for them to fix it but I doubt that they will.

aaaaahh

Check out Differences with uBO/legacy on:
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Firefox-WebExtensions

Webextensions are shit.

There's no need of installing the hybrid if you have a Mozilla account.

5 is for Soros and 7 is for tyranny

Same guy here
Just got updated to a new version
now legacy extensions don't work, pic related

time to use waterfox :^)

1. Go to about:config and search for"xpinstall.signatures.required", set it to false.
2. Go to this link It will install uBlock Origin. I'm not even sure what webextensions are but if it's also used by Chrome I don't think anything is stopping you from going to chrome's addon page and installing them from there. Or the extension's github pages.

I got redirected to this after uninstalling those addons add0n.com/ hmmm

followed your instruction, ff prevents it from installing, so I downloaded it and installed it from file.

What the fuck did you do?

I clicked the "Find the Replacement" button for DownThemAll. And then I taken to addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bulk-media-downloader/ this, I installed that addon and then I uninstalled it because it's shit, and then I was taken to that website.

Why you dont use EME-free?

or if you don't use custom filters

for Ublock Origin

>go to AMO page for Ublock
>scroll to bottom of page, look for developer channel tab
>click
>install dev version which is webext

FF Beta here which is at 56, umatrix ui is cut in half what do?

Whats the diffrence?

install the non webext version from github

This. What an absolute piece of trash. Half my addons stopped working and the ones that do, for example appchan x is a buggy mess now.

Fuck cuckzilla, they just couldn't leave what WORKS alone, they absolutely feel the need to fuck shit up with their dumb FUCKED up web extension garbage.

Ever since Firefox 55 I get random crashes, like it literally just closes for no reason. Sigh.

I'm as ready as you can get.

I only care about ublock, https everywhere, lastpass and *monkey.
I tried 57 last week and lastpass (Legacy) was buggy as fuck and for some reason I couldn't find tampermonkey or violentmonkey.

For me it also did this morning. Last update killed the last remnants.
>FDV Speed Dial gone
>uBlock Origin gone
>Greasemonkey gone
I just wanted to look at things on the internet... Now any even remotely nice replacements say they're not compatible anymore. gg

uBlock Origin's beta version is already WebExtensions compatible

Install Violentmonkey

It's compatible with all chrome extensions. uBlockO is a chrome extension.

Addons were working for me until today

downgraded to yesterday's version

See and

They'll get fixed and be far faster as a result. :)

dev channel, at the bottom of mozilla addon page
same with ublock

next update you'll be fucked it happened to me

Who /firefox-esr-gtk2/ here?

>link doesn't lead anywhere

No point in trying to help them. They are helpless. They have no idea how to troubleshoot because they're consumers who simple cry when they hit a bump in the road.

I can't hear you over the sound of firefox losing even more of its already ridiculously small market share
Single digit market share soon?

>Now any even remotely nice replacements say they're not compatible anymore

Nightly is literally a daily build -- a bleeding edge piece of software.

It's not even in beta.
It's not even in alpha!

And you're complaining that legacy things are broken? Smarten up.

I love FF 57, you can specify the amount of threads to use making full use of your brand new glorious AMD Ryzen processor.
This is truly an awesome era to be alive.

I am but I need a fucking Keepass extension

Yes it does, why don't you just try it out?

believe me, i dont like how mozilla handled this situation -- iv'e found acceptable replacements for the add-ons that i use (Tree Tabs for Tree Style Tabs, started using uMatrix instead of NoScript, although I'd like to use both for scripts + XSS attack protection from NoScript), but dropping XUL/XPCOM was a necessary for e10s and further improvements in speed. I just hope that Mozilla supports some devs in helping them port addons to WebExt

why do you need an extension for keepass?just wondering

>help devs port addons
The issue is that most addons that haven't been ported simply CANNOT be ported. It's impossible because webext is a piece of shit that doesn't allow any real meaningful modification

Fuck you you stupid nigger

Because I'm a lazy fuck. I enjoyed just clicking on the button inside of forms to fill in the information. I hate having to open Keepass, search for the site and copy the data

Every addon I've used has already been or is in the process of being fully ported to webex, and I use a ton of addons. People think the sky is fallng and it is not.

>webext is a piece of shit
It's an API that's pre-alpha and is being constantly updated. Example right now the self destructing cookies type addons can't clear local storage because it doesn't yet exist in the API. Mozilla devs are aware and have added this functionality implementation on their to do list.

>calling pre-alpha stuff a "piece of shit"
kys. You're a parasite.

>i only use addons that modify next to nothing therefor webext works
They're not improving it, they already made it quite clear they're not implementing anything that would allow an addon like Classic Theme Restorer to retain even 1% of its functionality
After 57 Firefox is just a gimped Chrome

>After 57 Firefox is just a gimped Chrome
Annndddddd you've revealed yourself to be completely ignorant of browser / addon development. Embarrassing.

it's true whether you admit it or not
by the time 57 rolls out anybody who needs addon functionality will have switched to one of firefox forks to wait out the inevitable death of their favorite addons thanks to mozilla unwillingness to adapt their API to even half the functionality of XUL

>mozilla will fix it
lol
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328244

I already managed to change all my add-ons for webextensions or add-ons that already announced they will be ported.

>After 57 Firefox is just a gimped Chrome
Nightly 57 is very fast and looks good, if at release FF 57 is like nightly is right now it would be an improved chrome if any. Also see

>There is much more I could list here. It baffles me that some people thinks Firefox is becoming a “Chrome clone”, it’s just not the case, it’s just plain silly to make such statement.