SPECCY

Didnt see one, so ill start

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/CmonShootFaster/saved/qpFWZL
pcpartpicker.com/list/JNhMkT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's my laptop.

Is there any lag time on that monitor setup with the 1050 ti? I remember my 970 having issues processing 4 at once.

might get an i7 if i really get into video editing or otherwise Coffee Lake if it turns out to be compatible (I doubt it)
Just really don't want to change motherboard

Not really, I'm using two monitors on my desk and a TV on the other side of the room.

how's that 2600k holding up, m8

Annoyingly well. I've wanted to upgrade for ages, but I can't justify it. Running the 2600K at 4.6GHz and it does everything I need it to, considering I only have a 60Hz monitor anyway. Maybe next year when Zen 2 arrives.

Thinking about buying a m.2 drive to max out all my ports, not sure what one to buy.

I still have a i7 2600 and it's still kicking hard. idk when to upgrade.

why so many hard drives, user? are you a data hoarder?

the actual fuck are you doing with all those cards?

I think OP likes to play games at a 32K resolution.

Remembered yesterday I had an old rig hiding in my closet. Threw in an old laptop hard drive and she still performs just fine for 1080p gaming.

It's now my bedposting/casual gaming rig.

that's pretty good specs for an "old rig".

>framelets

>gtx 1060 3gb

I didn't know u were a nigger, user.

rx vega, pls hurry

mining memes

obligatory

>240hz monitor
>120hz monitor
>1060 3gb
wtf?

he gaymes at 360p

I need a new cpu cooler the stock one sucks ass.

For me, I wonder why you have such a lowend graphics card if you want high refresh rates.
For me, 1400p and 144 Hz is a good match for my graphics card

1440*
Sorry, was typing over a remote connection and did not notice the mistype

what's that guy doing with all those graphical cards

sure is summer here

yeah, I need 50 of them for my mining rigs.

>tfw fell for the SLI meme
I want Volta to come out so I can buy a cheap 1080 Ti on eBay

just get a 980 ti, user.

Sandy bridge master race still running strong.

I don't see the point. It would be a sidegrade in everything but VRAM. My firestrike score is about 16500 which is in the neighborhood of a single 980 Ti.
Hell yeah

What's a good upgrade from my 4790k?

Ryzen

which one, I just want to play games. and what video card should I get?

If you want to play games than Ryzen 1600 is breddy good with brilliant frametimes. As for the video card it depends on your resolution but if you're on 1080p then GTX 1060 6GB/RX 580 will be very enough, get whatever is cheaper.

cool, some stupid kid is gonna buy my 4790k rig for $180, it doesn't even have a video card.

it's some sort of 1600 by 950 monitor I think. will those still be good for that or should I get something lower?
thanks, user.

if it is a 1600*900 monitor then the GPUs I suggested would be very enough. Although I suggested getting at least 1920*1080 because at lower resolutions the CPU becomes a bottleneck and the work will go to it instead of the GPU.

I have seen this happening with my old Q9300+AMD HD7850 build. When playing Far Cry Blood Dragon at 720p the game had very low frames and I was frustrated because same build for other people was showing 60 fps at 1080p. When I plugged it in my father's 1080p plasma the game ran smooth as silk. Don't make the mistake that I made. The least acceptable resolution is 1080p.

In addition if you're going with the Ryzen build, make sure you buy fast ram to get the best out of it. I suggest going to a PC building general thread for more advice. And of course don't forget to do your own research, use my advice as a starting point.

Note taken, user. thanks for the help.

you're welcome fellow user

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but, hey, a friend is doing a build and we picked out some parts but neither of us are really great with PCs. Could anybody look at this and tell us if we're missing something or if anything wouldn't work with this?

D-don't look at the wireless adaptor. Ethernet is not a possibility, unfortunately.

pcpartpicker.com/user/CmonShootFaster/saved/qpFWZL

Nice temps desu

Who's gonna be the first lucky threadripper owner?

>buying Windows
>AMD
>overkill PSU
>paying more than I did for my Alienware with a GTX 1080 and nvme ssd almost a year ago

Spend an extra $10-15 and look for some ~3000mhz DDR4 instead, for ryzen the extra memory speed can make a meaningful difference.

New PC.

Ayyy.

>i5-6500
>Loose 8Gb kit of 2133
>B board
>1060 3GB
>Not a framelet
HAH.

Personally would change the PSU, and get a cheaper case to make room for faster ram, better motherboard, and an aftermarket cooler.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JNhMkT
There you go. If you *really want fully modular, or you *really* think you need 750w. For 9 cents more there's a seasonic 750w bronze fully modular psu. There's also cheaper 3200 ram, yes. But that kit is the cheapest available known B-die kit, which won't give you any issue getting up to speed.

What cpu?

I use it for light office work and youtube

>buying x370 for aesthetics
why

So many unknown RAMs...

How come doesn't it recognize DDR4 yet? It's 2017

It's not for aesthetics. It's for a better vrm, better overclocking options, a clock generator. Personally wouldn't touch an MSI AM4 board whatsoever. Could just suggest a better b350, sure. But they'll still have the same piss poor options like low end z boards do.

Unless you were talking about my taichi. If that's the case, aesthetics did come into play. That's because I can, and I like it. It's also one of the best motherboards on the platform.

just enough

benis

Here's my atrocity.

FX-8350 at 19 C

nice desu

what should I upgrade first?

I'm thinking of sniping a 500gb SSD and a GPU on Black Friday if I see a good deal

Your operating system

In the summer too

>not having AC
>Not having a proper heat sink and hurricane force fans in your case

It hovers between 18 and 20 when I'm just using my browser. Just played a bit of Mad Max and it went up to 33.

I want to bash his skull in with a rock and feed him his own brains.

>Celeron and 4GB of RAM
>Six different cards
Why?

If it's a mining rig, it's not a particularly consistent or efficient one.

Corsair H60

You don't need a 500gb SSD, but you do want a newer card. Get a 250gb SSD and spend the savings on a used GPU last-gen, 2nd-to-previous gen gpu.

here's my screenshotless speccy
running warm cause it's not ide:
Intel Xeon X5670 @ 2.93GHz 49 °C
Westmere-EP 32nm Technology

RAM
10.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 719MHz (8-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X58A-UD3R (Socket 1366) 43 °C
Graphics
M401i-A3 (1920x1080@59Hz)
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner) 67 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC (SATA) 45 °C
931GB SAMSUNG (SATA) 45 °C
1863GB TOSHIBA (SATA) 40 °C
111GB Samsung SSD EVO 120GB (SSD) 41 °C

>Two Seagates at nearly 2TB each
Cool, maybe in 6 months you'll still have 500GB after most of your sectors fail.

I am very boring and regret getting a kaby lake at the height of all this ryzen hype.

sup

really enjoying my legs burning right now

hp folio g1

I really, really need a storage drive :(

Rate

new thinkpad

>12gb
Degenerate

What is the recommended hardware for CPU, motherboard, and RAM currently in the market?

I have a 1060 to accompany it.

ryzen build/10

why the fuck you create these every day

what's the fucking point, are you jerking off to screenshots of your shitty hardware?

how much did it all cost?

>old rig
my inner poorfag is triggered

also
how the fuck do you bedpost with a pc, or is it a really high-end laptop?
on top of that, if that's your "old rig" what're the specs of your new pc?

Not him, but 12gb is the superior ram amount. Enough to run what the average person needs to run, but cheap enough so you cant gayme on it.

it just werks

wait, nevermind
the bedposting question still stands though

It works I guess,
I would like to get some nice 1440p monitors next
but they're sitting at like $500+ for nice ones
Cheapest is BenQ BL2420PT at $400

Last time I check the pc was around $1500

raeg moar nocoiner :^)

over 33,000 hours of use and still in good status. I think there's no problem here
It's hooked up to a TV and I use a wireless keyboard + mouse combo

Stop buying Ryzen.

>intel fag thinks somebody will listen
How deluded are you?

t.Athlon II X4 user

Only watch anime and play tf2

You wouldn't want 1440p with that GPU anyway, letting beside 144 Hz.

Better go with Ryzen unless Intel can compete with prices, otherwise don't start under 12 threads.

Fury instead of Fury X

Brainlet