Discord begins testing video chat and screen sharing

blog.discordapp.com/were-testing-video-chat-and-screen-share-with-5-of-players-today-c8ddb108ca31

>Starting today, we will be testing out Video Chat and Screen Sharing with 5% of desktop players (registered before today). This will roll out through the day.

>We’re still at least a month out from considering a full launch. Why? We’re measuring and testing bandwidth; acquiring and implementing more backend servers; and praying our code actually works. This takes time. It could also be longer than a month. What we do know is that it’s good enough to start testing and this is the most soon soon that we’ve ever sooned.

Not really features I care very much about.
Anyone know much about Matrix/Riot? A good alternative to Discord?
Don't have much of an issue with Discord, but some more competition and open source alternatives in the future would be nice.

The desktop clients suck incredibly. Discord Chrome wrapped abortion at least performs miles better.

B O T N E T

you want to know features I care about?
FUCKING WEBM IN CHAT LOGS

yeah, I need to post funny memes from Sup Forums to my friends so that they think I have a good sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good, now i can ditch skype entirely. Was only using skype to video chat with GF when she goes to visit her parents, so long fucking shit ass skype.

my 2d gf and i do not have this issue

>Sup Forums is the only site I visit
>no other site has webms
okay lad

>praying our code works
What is God on their testing team or something?

No, it's the "lol we are just like you guys we make mistakes xd quirky!!" talk they do in every blog post and every changelog and everything. But in reality it's because the servers are COMPLETE shit. A discord server has so many people it is usually down for weeks until a blue moon passes over discord hq and it comes up for a hour.

I don't have this problem.

This. Fucking imgur's gifv is supported too, which is just an mp4.

Closed Source Botnet

this already works through an exploit on stable to enable dev mode
its pretty good

too hard to write a little script?

Every program is like this, just many of them are geared more for professionals so they don't outright say 'we hope this shit works' they say 'this should fix the 23452-ss345d3fg89a bug'

only time I have ever come across a webm in the wild was a chan.

how?

>he doesn't know

what difference does it make if my friends can't see them?

>our servers are ready to record your videos now too

tell us friend, although you're probably one of the users that got video calls.

it's patched in stable 0.0.298

Discord is the uTorrent of messaging. It's become the bloated monstrosity it set out to replace.

utorrent install size is smaller than qbitorrent and feature wise they are returning to the traditional stuff removing bloat the last ceo tried to insert

>tfw I'm the 5%
I don't even have a webcam to test it