Im afraid of linus' death

im afraid of linus' death.
do you know how tightly he controls the linux kernel?
even if he isnt actively developing it himself anymore he sitll oversees and approves every commit.
do you know how much bullshit he protected it from?
theres honest-to-god feminist "coders" that wanted to change the master/slave model. also idtots that wanted to implement subpar code into the kernel itself.
he has been the sole vanguard in protecting the kernel from retards and those that mean it harm.
what happens when he dies?
who will take over his role?
linus is a rare breed he doesnt buckle down to pressure, tells retards to fuck off and does not listen to stupid ideology.
does he have a prodigy?
a successor to take over his work?

fuck man now I'm afraid of his death

Linus actually doesn't "oversee and approve every commit", that would be impossible, he has various people he trusts. In his death Greg Kroah-Hartman takes over, he's the obvious number two.

look no further

When he dies Linux is dead. We'll have to move to FreeBSD.
Many jews and corporate globalists will take over the kernel

he's not even 50 dude, relax
he's got like 15 years of good brainwork left in him, give or take, unless something unlucky happens

if Terry wasn't so schizophrenic he could really keep the kernel up
His code is simple, secure and easy to audit.

Idris Elba

hes jaundice... wont be long now.

goodnight sweet prince.

he hands it over to redhat

When he dies, I'll switch to BSD...
Maybe I'll make a FreeBSD derivative called BSoD with KDE and a blue wallpaper.

If it scares you so much, become a kernel hacker and learn to fork.

They specifically made plans for what would happen if he got hit by a bus back when he was getting burned out from reviewing every change. Then they moved to the "lieutenants+get_maintainers.pl" model to offload work from him. I think the plan was for Greg KH to step up but I don't know if that had changed since he fell in with the xdg crowd.
But beyond organizational concerns I am more worried that his replacement will be more of a pushover and allow more poor decisions due to corporate pressure that Linus currently just gives the giver to.

That's his holy aura heathen

I'd use it user.

>who will take over his role?
RedHat. They're already the major contributor to the kernel and they are the upstream source for everything that's valuable in the Linux ecosystem.

Nothing will change.

>RedHat
>nothing will change
t. Poettering

>Nothing will change.
It will be renamed to kerneld.

I hate that faggot but RH really owns the Linux ecosystem. I've audited packages on my Arch install and I counted something like 70% of core stuff to be from RH.

It's was also shocking to me how many packages are just forks of RH shit.

>It will be renamed to kerneld.
kek'd.

Is there anyone on earth apart from Linus (pbuh) who actually understands the linux kernel?

Why can't feminists just make a fork?

SafeSpace OS

According to the man himself, everything is looked at by 7 layers of people before Linus ever sees it. 90% of what he rejects he just looks at the code and says nope. Anything he tests he spends 20 minutes tops and hands it over to someone else.

Don't vorry, Harry Pottering will take the control over the kernel.

Don't worry. Microsoft will take good care of it.

If retards take it over, the worst case scenario is simply a fork run by a competent person.

I didn't know Sam Hyde was the creator of Linux.

They have iOS already, why do they need another?

I don't think Apple is very fond of diversity. They just care about their wallet.

Ridiculous. It's more like 20-30 years.

>TempleOS
>secure other than purely by the fact that it has no networking
no

True.

There will be a grand get and fork soon.
Have no worries.