Daily reminder that all image boards and social media are bad for you

This is a friendly reminder that all sources of abundant, simple, irrelevant information are terrible for your brain and are ruining you. Sup Forums, Reddit, facebook, etc. are creating a high stress, high conflict environment where you gain nothing but knowledge of dank memes and the opinions of the most retarded people on the planet coupled with backlash from even more retarded people. SJW's hardly exist outside of the internet and neither do Sup Forumsacks. Close all 500 of your tabs. You know that half of those threads are in archive now anyway. Go read a book, eat some vegetables, and pick up a hobby that doesn't involve shitposting.

Let the retards have the internet. We can escape to the real world.

>being this bluepilled
If you want to roleplay as a nonwhite brainlet you've come to the right board.

You have been warned

Imageboards have their place.

I check up on them a few times a day just to keep up with what is going on. Sometimes it takes all of 30 seconds to realize there is nothing going on and I close my browser and move on with my life. Sometimes there are very interesting things going on and I sit down and shitpost for hours. It really depends.

Right now the quality of posts is very low due to all the shills but good threads still happen from time to time.

no, user. You're being bluepilled into believing that sitting in front of your monitor is making you happy.

Wouldn't want to miss what some user says and miss out on being a part of the next meme!

True. There are the occasional good threads on them, but they are rare. The issue is that these streams of info are highly addictive and easily processed. It really is the equivalent of sugar for your brain. Too many here have the 'beetus.

I actually feel this is true to some extent. Closed my Facebook account years ago, never had instagram, but even only using Twitter and Sup Forums makes me anxious.

Social media -- and imageboards, as well -- are designed to be addictive.

Take a break.

Yeah, it's bizarre how browsing a Pomeranian bowl snatching board can release endorphins like that. This shit makes ADHD flare up like fucking gout.

They are, that's why this is a friendly reminder.

Only if you lack self control, honestly. It's the equivalent of telling people to stay away from drugs when you know damn well that drugs are addictive.

Oxygen is bad for you.

>high stress, high conflict environment
The trick is to not involve yourself in such situations and to not get angry. It's very, very easy online. If someone is posting an opinion you don't like? Don't respond. Someone is posting something which is factually incorrect? Correct them if you really want to and leave it at that. Someone made you angry? Close the tab and move on. Don't take shit on forms and the like seriously. Go slowly and casually. Try to surround yourself around people who also take it easy online; this is becoming increasingly harder but it's possible. Your online experience can be nothing but genuine fun if you sculpt it to be that way.

Don't be facetious, user. I care about you.

As far as I've seen, people on Sup Forums and several other imageboards too (and yes, even on reddit) are far more intelligent and self-aware than any of my peers, friends, acquaintances, and even my freaking parents. Yes, even having a conversation with the most retarded Sup Forums you can find, I feel more connected than with someone IRL.
So yeah, honestly, I prefer the Internet over the real thing.

Have a bump, OP. You know, I know this. I stopped lurking generally 3 weeks ago because I realized it was bad for my mental health and my mood. I really feel better, I only go to Sup Forums sometimes just to realize it's as boring as it was like most of the time.

You don't have to stop 100% but decreasing your lurking time to 5% WILL enhance your life.

Personally I just lurk most of the time, don't have much to add most of the time

Oh, I don't get angry. It's more that global battles of all forms are constantly funneled down your throat.

Every moment we are reminded of some stupid shit going on. Every moment is one of panic and fear. It's fucking awful.

fuck off normalfag

>Try to surround yourself around people who also take it easy online
>he says with a straight face while browsing Sup Forums

Actually, it's quite the opposite. When I tell people that I have no Facebook they look at me like I just pissed on their dog. Sup Forums is also a lot more mainstream than you know, user. people discuss what goes on in Sup Forums on TV now like it's nothing.

Ridding yourself of these media outlets makes you less of a normie.

Ignorance is far too high a price to pay for happiness. I think you're either lying to yourself or you're mildly retarded.

A year ago I stopped browsing Sup Forums. Eventually I came back, of course. However I remember I had more "free time": my mind was less cluttered and my thoughts were clearer. What you say about streams of easily processed and useless information is tremendously true, it can have brutally negative effects on the way you think and on the way you learn. But then once in a while a thread like this comes up and sort of males you look things with a different perspective. Your last sentence is particularly interesting. Now I'm going to say those words again and try to stick to them: I'm taking a break from this site. Cheers.

Ignorance of what? The irreverent memes? Trump took a particularly offensive shit today? The highlight real that they post on their Facebook to look like they lead more interesting lives than they do?

No. I'm not saying to avoid news all together, but to filter out the stupid shit that litters your mind. Take your soul back user, it's not too late.

I hope to see you on the outside, user.

>all sources of abundant, simple, irrelevant information are terrible for your brain
So pretty much all human interaction, then. Gotcha.

No, Sup Forums is like being in an auditorium full of people whispering opinions in your ear. Actual human interaction is considerably shorter in length and there are fewer people involved in the conversation. Has your cynicism led you to such conclusions user?

>Sup Forums
>high stress
lol what the fuck nigger
do you get emotionally invested in your anonymous handle?
maybe you should fix that issue before of projecting it on everyone else because that's fuckin retarded
or why don't you practice what you preach an get out? do you enjoy being cucked but your sense of guilt?

I mean fucking retarded

Also another thing Sup Forums is not reddit's off-site meme farm
It's a place for discussion of topics that are of your interest
You're just using this site completely wrong

>trying this hard to be cool

Oho, giving me the "and another thing", hmm? Evidently you have no clue what "stress" means in this context. There's the door, user. You came into a thread just to complain about it; not have an actual discussion. Why don't you practice what you preach?

You do realize you can ignore things here, right?

You can hide things but this thread isnt just about Sup Forums my dude. Its about over saturation of irrelevant information.

>projecting this much
I'm having a discussion right now

are you unable to ignore things simply by not paying attention to them?

Your first not greentexted words were, and I quote, "lol what the fuck nigger". You had, and still have, no intent to discuss anything. Feel free to stick around and shitpost, but at least have the audacity to be upfront about what you're doing.

Yes, you can hide threads, but easily processed information is addictive.

Im curious how you know what a post says without reading it?

hmm... how do i know you're the same guy that made that anti tor thread

what about you focus on the substance of my post instead of wasting your time and energy focusing on the more or less irrelevant icing?
the problem is not saturation of irrelevant information
the problem of in your head

I recognize this issue yet wish i could intake a constant stream of seemingly irrelevant information from all corners of the internet to better identify nodal points in cultural evolution. My meat brain is too limited for now.

K

I am not. Actually, I run tor on my laptop.

I like this guy. But how about you write software that does it for you and save yourself some time and sanity.

The constant agitation is very harmful to your mental and physical well being.

With that said, just participate in the good threads and ignore the rest.

I don't think you should worry about that where you are right now
For starters, you could stop writing an paragraph everytime someone calls you a nigger

What animal is this.

??? I am not OP but heres your (you)

i forget it's name, but if i remember correctly it's a type of sea-slug that feeds on blue-bottles in the ocean.

Glaucus Atlanticus

Isn't that an SCP?

Avatarfagging is against the rules