Firefox is now officially kill

Firefox is now officially kill.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta
addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/image-reverse-search/?src=search
lmgtfy.com/?q=ublock origin github
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest-beta/ublock-origin/addon-607454-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-devchannel
browserleaks.com/canvas.
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unjewgled Chromium, here I come (at least until all the devs update their extensions to work with the new firefox...)

Nightly is. Plain old FF has another couple of months. That said, I'm really wanting to jump ship, but don't see any good alternatives. I'm not even willing to upgrade to 55 at this point, because they won't let me roll it back if I do.

>at least until all the devs update their extensions to work with the new firefox
Won't happen, advanced functions are missing from the new API
And when they rewrite the extension, they could as well just make it for chrome, because google at least does not break the API every 3 months

Install ESR, you have like another year to sort this shit out

Eh, true enough I suppose

I know some faggots are pushing the fuck out of it, but I really wish Brave would be worth a shit. If they would make script blocking more than an all-or-nothing thing, and allow you to go to the chrome store to get extensions, I'd probably jump ship to it.

As it stands now, however, it's a hunk of shit.

Also what the fuck happened here?

>>As it stands now, however, it's a hunk of shit.
Well it kinda always will be, because their business model is showing you ads. Just different ads than the websites originally contained.

if you want fine-grained script blocking, use umatrix.

C'mon, man. That's not even a fox.

>look mom I posted it again

I use NoScript. I'm happy enough with that. Also, Brave does allow you to block ads completely. But it wouldn't be an issue if they opened up the Chrome store regardless, as I could just install ublock origin.

>because google at least does not break the API every 3 months
Google couldn't even not break the official JS APIs for 3 months, much less break their own APIs.

all i see is a bunch of shitty extensions

The only addons that are stopping me from changing browser are Firegestures and Tab Tree which coindicentally are the only two apps I use that haven't been updated to Webextension yet

>Mfw the dev for Tab Tree pushed a new update today for the first time since February but didn't update it to Webextension

>ublock origin
blocked
>decentraleye
blocked
>umatrix
blocked
>noscript
blocked
>greasemonkey
blocked
These guys can fuck off, I'm switching to a fork right now.

They also added the useless space at the left and right sides of the address bar

Or you could just get off nightly. I mean, we all knew this was coming, and it would only be logical that it would happen to Nightly first.

Most of those extensions won't be reimplemented as webextensions

Ublock has been updated on the dev channel, Greasemonkey is shit and should be replaced with Tampermonkey

Just go into the customization settings and remove it you dipshit

Image search options has save my life finding sauce really quickly, I will be missed

about:config
extensions.legacy.enabled

I know for a fact that Ublock origin, decentraleyes, and NoScript will be. No idea about Umatrix or greasemonkey, but technically most of the add-ons WILL be ported. That said, between their shitty stance on "fake news" and this clusterfuck, if even one single extension I use isn't ready to go come November, I'm jumping ship. Maybe Waterfox, maybe Palememe, maybe Icecat, or maybe brave. I'll just have to see which ones work best when the time comes.

What extensions do you have still work? How can I find out if an extension I am using will still work?

That's pretty shitty, but if the few extensions I use work or are promptly updated to use their new extension system, I will probably still keep using firefox.

im still on firefox 54

>uBlock / uMatrix
Webextension versions are already being tested and available
>decentraleyes
Webextension version is being tested
>noscript
The developer is working with Mozilla directly to make it happen
>greasemonkey
An alternative is already available

Yep but until everything is settled I'm back to dev edition

>computers language not english
xĐĐĐĎĎĎĐĐĐĎĎĎĐĐĐĎĎĎĐĐĐĎĎĎĐĐĐ

I'm not even updating past 54, as even their "stable" version has become buggy.

Bet you can't even understand anything else :^)

I only use ublock origin and https everywhere. So no need for me to cry the end is near.

There's no replacement for uBlock yet, unfortunately. I have a replacement for everything else but that. Sad day.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta

Web browsing was perfect years ago.

Why update at all?

I still use netscape navigator.

no you don't you memeslave

The only answer.

>no browser will ever be as perfect as IE7 on WinVista

whoah...

meet me on icq, troll

What about this?
addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/image-reverse-search/?src=search

rip ricerfags

>Ublock has been updated on the dev channel
Link ?

lmgtfy.com/?q=ublock origin github

>ublock origin
>decentraleye
>umatrix
This ones will be ported or there's already a webext version people can test.

>noscript
This one in particular i don't know but even if no umatrix already does this better. In fact by having umatrix you shouldn't need both noscript and ublock origin.

>greasemonkey
I don't know if it'll be ported but even if no there's already tamper monkey and violent monkey.

FUCKING TAB TREE FUCKING NIGGERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest-beta/ublock-origin/addon-607454-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-devchannel

Brave.

>Flash is now click-to-run
>>>people still use Flash

i just love those devs that when something is going to be deprecated THEY FUCKING PRINT YOU A DEPRECATION MESSAGE!

FUCKING FIREFOX GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

GNU IceCat

i really which this was the new default icon, i love calvin & hobbes

>Plain old FF has another couple of months.
How long 'till my memefork is dead too?

looks like the new firefox version will be fine for me then. only extension i use is ublock.

Anyone why Tapermonkey doesn't fully show up when you click on the icon in the toolbar? It just shows a white box under the icon once clicked.

I like it desu

You're switching to a browser that only supports webextensions because you don't want to use a browser that only uses webextensions?

Last I used Brave was on my phone. It wouldn't let me fucking copy and paste. I binned Brave fucking ASAP.

What the actual fuck, my Firefox just updated yesterday and all my fucking plug ins are obsolete now, even fucking ublock and umatrix.

I uninstalled and installed uBlock again but the fucker is still obsolete, what the fuck is ever happening, I'm not informed about things.

You're using a development build.

For now you can re-enable all legacy add-ons in about:config (extensions.legacy.enabled), but in 2 months this option will be gone.

>shumway
project is long dead
>mega
proprietary addon
>screengrab
to dumb to use screenshot
>https by default
not using https-everywhere
>smart https
not using https-everywhere again and having yet another addon that does exactly the same

your brain is officially kill, don't reproduce. thank you - the world

They've been dead to me since they came out against equal rights for LGBT people. uninstalled it that day. Haven't looked back. A lot of my friends did the same thing.

It was already enabled without even my intervention. I'm don't even...

Tab center and Tree Tabs are your best option for now

Unmaintained, we can class it as deprecated now.

qutebrowser

Go to the addons page for the affected addons and scroll to the bottom and see if there are downloads in the development channel. I know there are downloads for both uBlock and uMatrix that are compatible with FF 57 and seem to be working fine. If an affected addon doesn't have one, look for alternatives, or just switch to FF stable and wait for any updates.

SeaMonkey doesn't have this problem

Pale Moon browser, for the win.

kek classic theme cucks BTFO.

Firefox is just trying to get their extensions into iphones and ipads by deprecating dumb extensions used by wannabe hackers

piss off nerds

Pale Moon user here. Pale Moon comes de-Googled — something that Waterfox and Brave (and Chrome, Chromium, and Firefox) are not.

I use the Compact Moon theme. Addons I use include:

All-In-One Gestures
Blender
Click&Clean
Cookies Exterminator
Decentraleyes
Greasemonkey (with Sup Forums X)
HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Settings
uBlock Origin
uMatrix

Then, strip out any dormant Google connection — Type "about:config" in the url bar, search for "safebrows". Delete the two url entries you see on the right side. To enable anti-fingerprinting, search for "canvas.poisondata". Double click to toggle it to true. To test that it is working, go here - browserleaks.com/canvas. You should have a new signature each time you refresh.

Then, block ads and trackers before they even get to your pc — Modify your HOSTS file.
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

That combination is how you defeat ads and trackers and SJWfox, and how you disconnect from Google. Furthermore, use ProtonMail for email. Use searx.com or qwant.com for searches. For complete privacy, consider using a VPN such as PrivateInternetAccess.

extensions.legacy.enabled;true

seconded

It's illegal to use Hobbes like that.

just windows botnet. just avoid looking at those MICROSOFT SIGNED LIBRARIES

I love Pale Moon, it has almost perfect font Rendering even on Windows 7 that is awfull, sadly it has a pretty bad Youtube Playback, if not It would be the perfect browser for me.

I don't have any problems at all with Youtube on Pale Moon. I get a lot of initial lagging on Youtube with Firefox, though.

There isn't an official mac version of it

You can play videos without any problem, but the quality is far below from other browser such a Stable Firefox or Chromiun based browsers. It seems that they are played in lower quality even if it says that is at max bitrate, I made sole comparisons, and the quality was very different in Pale Moon, even 60fps videos looked worse and seemed to drop frames often compared to others.

someone said there already would be a webextension of HTTPS Everywhere but I can't find it.

All useless garbage.

dev channel for ublock fucker

It's coming back soon according to dev, just upload your shit to github pages for now

>her

All my addons have been upated to webext and are working fine in Nightly 57, OP. Maybe you just don't know what you're doing.

b-but ublock and https everywhere is marked as legacy here.

I'm not using Nightly, and all my add-ons still work.

I sue nightly and barely used add ons outside of adblock.

So Ill just wait until they come up with a decent extension. Of course it was not going to come out immediately.

You have to manually install the webext versions, ublock's is on the dev channel & github, https everywhere's is on eff site.

My Sup Forums became like this after 55.0

I know that selecting Western instead of Unicode fixes it but I don't want to do that every time I open Firefox.

They did? nice.
I thought they were SJW shills

That's not Firefox though. That's Nightly.

as long as downloadthemall still works i dont care

and ill just disable updates

i dont care about "security"

all i do is copy the URL from chrome's chronodownloader and paste into DTA

Anyone else been having issues with appchan x the last few days? It's just barely working for me. I also have to reload every single thread i open during my catalogue spree for appchan x to load.

appchan x hasn't been updated it over a year

also don't forget soros will be filtering your news for you now

That's literally fake news itself.

>tfw Save Image in Folder is dead

That might be why then. Any decent replacements?

Sup Forums x

Nah, he doesn't speak Nazi.