Anybody want to join me in my app/business idea?

Community involvement app:

Like-minded selecting various categories of interest to mutually connect with each other, by sending invite-notifications to alert others users seeking the same interest. Examples to connect could range from local sports, finding a church buddy, college kids needing a study-buddy, musicians connecting, to general hangouts. Detailed & verified user profiles will safely identify who you’d connect with.

To stay connected with each other, users can create & join temporary cliques for group-centered activities, along with the option to create a Friends list & to create & join long-term Groups to stay connected for future hangouts & discussions.

To get ideas for connecting, there’ll be categorized local events to choose, created by groups & local services, along with individual users, which would be added to your calendar & shared with fellow users.

When the budget & development team expands, there’ll eventually be deeper community-involvement focused features to hold user interest, such as a real user created local economy & tipping system, local news, public video/photo uploads, local discussion forums, local Trending activity feed, etc.

Users effortlessly connecting with each other in real time has yet to be explored, & could be wildly successful if designed correctly with an easy & clean layout.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meetup_(website)
time.com/money/best-colleges/rankings/best-colleges/
businessinsider.com/snapchat-paid-third-cofounder-reggie-brown-158-million-to-disappear-2017-2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Question: How do we make money from this? Im interested in the idea.

>business
you lost me at this.

This already exists

Collect a signifcant amount of users and wait to get bought by Google or Facebook.

Advertising. Similar to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

it doesn't exist.

Yeah, that too.

I genuinely wouldn't mind even walking away with just a million dollars - I mean almost everyone on Earth would want a million dollars, you know

So you're creating a business to sell? That's not a good sign right there, selling your creation is thought about only after things are already going well.

Just like every startup in Silicon Valley.

Furthermore; I don't you will be biased in Silicon Valley so the best thing is to create a slack group for the communication aspect alone. IRC is fucking nostalgia.

Who gives a shit?

Myspace Tom has 60 MILLION dollars bro

Yeah that's a piss stain compared to the 00000.1% of the Earth's billionaire population.

But on a personal level, imagine having 60 million dollars.

Imagine having ONE million dollars

Hell, imagine having $500,000 extra in cash deposited to your bank account now.

Now imagine having 60 million

I've seen ads on even YouTube for things like this.

If you have VC money or customers willing to pay and ready pay my salary and equity I'm game and will make this in less than a month

All right bro, we all want to be entrepreneurs, but I don't think this is a million dollar idea. Do you have cash to start this badboy up? If yes, how much? As I said I like the idea, but we'd have to discuss this in more depth. If you want I cant give you my contact.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meetup_(website)

There's things that are similar to it sure, but nothing exists in genuine real time connecting based off mutual interests.

I can't broadcast that I want to get a Halo LAN party going and search & invite others looking for the same thing, you know

>If you have VC money

I talked with all the venture firms in my state - they need a product.

hence the second option, ready to pay my salary

I mean, you are not just an idea guy, are you? That worth exactly zero, now everybody in this thread has this idea no problem

>but I don't think this is a million dollar idea.

Bullshit.

Bro, it could even be the internet's largest dating app.

There can be an option for Singles to filter out their search results for Single people only, or people looking for a relationship.

You sign into the app, you click on the Local Events feature, and you search & invite local Single women that are also looking to connect.

It completely removes all the back and fourth texting that people go through on OKCupid, POF, even Tinder, etc.

That's just dating alone, that's not even including just people looking for new friends or people bored in their area looking to connect.

And that's just the beginning, when the development team expands:

local economy where users can creatively make real money - by setting up & advertising their own business, renting or selling their personal belongings, renting out rooms, posting job requests, etc. all of which will be bolstered by a secure & elaborate Terms Of Service Agreement. Users will also be able to post catch-all urgent help requests here, too. A real life currency tipping system will eventually be available for users to send money to each other - perhaps for a paid service, donating to a charity, tipping musicians, people offering help, & anyone in between.

A real life currency tipping system will eventually be available for users to send money to each other - perhaps for a paid service, donating to a charity, tipping musicians, people offering help, & anyone in between.

my contact: [email protected]

I'm just an Ideas Guy with a high school diploma.

I have zero skills in programming. Zero knowledge in business.

I'm looking for hungry people to help co-found a company, where I'd receive a very small share.

Thanks for that million dollar idea. I'll put it to a good use.

>op is the ideas guy
>You see? I'm a genius! Now you do the work and I get the profits.
I think you're looking for Wozniakcucks to explore

It's possible. Snapchat was in part founded by an Ideas Guy as well.

>Reggie Brown brought the idea for a disappearing pictures application to Evan Spiegel because Spiegel had prior business experience. Brown and Spiegel then pulled in Bobby Murphy, who had experience coding. The three worked closely together for several months, and launched Snapchat as "Picaboo" on the iOS operating system on July 8, 2011.[8][9] Spiegel and Murphy then decided to "toss Brown out of the company".[10]

Brown evidently wanted a larger % of profits than what he was worth though, where I'd know my insignificant place.

my spam folder is full of those people who wants to connect to build something

but seriously, what's in it for people? Free work yay? nobody capable is that gullible, godspeed anyway

You know why he was kicked? Because he was adding 0 value to the company, he was a burden.
What would you be doing exactly in the company?

I'll do the logo

>What would you be doing exactly in the company?

this, at least say you have connections OP

I had an idea to make this years ago.
Then I remembered I don't want random people to know the things that I like to do.
I also don't like the idea of getting together in real life with people who only have one thing in common with me.
So I didn't do anything about it.

Well you know, working with interns would be the most realistic possibility. I'm about to go down this list

time.com/money/best-colleges/rankings/best-colleges/

sending out emails to 50 colleges a day, over the next few days asking if there'd be potential coding interns that's looking for a project to work on.

and by the way:

>Snapchat paid its third cofounder $158 million in cash to disappear

businessinsider.com/snapchat-paid-third-cofounder-reggie-brown-158-million-to-disappear-2017-2

like honestly, imagine having that amount of money. Imagine even having TWO million dollars. As an average middle classer, imagine having two million dollars.

I'm thinking of naming the app Blossom, so it'd be a nice cute Blossom that'd be displayed on your phone's home screen, similar to:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats

Oh no. Op's a swede. Red flag

You didn't answer my question. What will you be doing in the company?

from Oregon, lol. I'm just a nerd so I know about 'em

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying:

I'd have co-founder status, awarded by ushering in a slew of ideas that'll serve as the foundation for the product.

I mean basically the idea is mine, you know. But that's it - I'd receive a compensation and then exit.

So, the entirety of your "worth" to the company has already been spent in one forum post.

Why exactly would anyone contact you rather than just building the project on their own?

1. It's not like whoever wants to build it would be as creative as me

2. They would probably need somebody to motivate and inspire them on an idea that's not even theirs to begin with, etc.

Anyway like I said, I'll be contacting colleges as well for their internship program

I sincerely hope you're just trolling. Nobody can be this delusional and function in society.

You're so fucking lazy. The fact that you feel entitled to recieve anything befuddles me.

I will make the logo