Your smartphone is only as good as the battery it was soldered with

>your smartphone is only as good as the battery it was soldered with.

:(((

dude just plug it into an external battery at all terms lmao

then get a fairphone and shut the fuck up

They're designed to be replaced in a year anyway.

Stop being a poorfag and learn how to use Craigslist, and treat every phone upgrade as a $100-200 "fee".

>phone processors, RAM, screens, software, speakers, design have all improved dramatically the past few years
>batteries are still exactly the same

My Lumia 800 has been working fine for 5 years now, I just replaced the battery in it (now it works for 1 week on a single charge), as well as the proximity sensor that had its flex cable broken while testing the battery.

Iphones barely last a year without a new IOS gimping the phone (not a problem on Android since it has no updates, lol), or the glass breaking after dropping it a single time or whatever.

how expensive is to replace a battery?

are they all standardized by mAh capacity or are they different for every phone?

That's because batteries haven't changed on a chemical level.

Every upgrade is about improving the performance with the least amount of power usage possible, resulting in roughly the same amount of battery life (a day's worth) with each phone iteration.

>That's because batteries haven't changed on a chemical level.
That's just wrong.
They have improved on a chemical level. Just look at the capacities we have these days for the sizes. 4000mAh batteries in something as thick as an iPhone?

The problem is that more powerful components are being put into things causing higher power draws and thus keeping battery life roughly constant.

Improvements in lithium ion battery energy density has only been about 100% over the last decade, and we're rapidly approaching the physical limits of the chemistry. The real innovation has been in making them cheaper and less likely to kill you. The only other place to go for chemical batteries is lithium-air, but secondary LiO2 cells are still just fantasy, and if/when they come around, only expect about another 400% improvement in storage.

Batteries just suck. We need tiny efficient fuel cells, or some crazyass carbon nanotech bullshit to really advance. I'm personally in favor of putting a few micrograms of Uranium in my phone and getting three years of battery life.

>I'm personally in favor of putting a few micrograms of Uranium
sheesh.

I'm glad lithium batteries suck. It forces developers to make better software/hardware.

>TFW my phone has a removable battery.

>at all terms

i will never live this down :(

>Not using a few nanograms of antimatter
Enjoy your inefficient radioactive bloat, faggot.

This strategy hasn't worked so far. Phone applications are garbage and the hardware side seems hell-bent on making devices thin enough to shave with at any cost.

>Phone applications are garbage
they could be worse :^)

Not fucking likely. Probably the worst unironic applications are those built on Electron, and that kind of shit is where mobile dev seems to be going.

Feelsbadman, but honestly not even only this. A lot of phones nowadays don't have slots for mSD, and are starting to remove the 3.5mm port. I don't like the direction that we're heading, it's pretty bad.

Battery life on my Note 5 is not good, and there's nothing I can do about it. In the future I am only going to purchase phones that have removable battery, mSD, and a 3.5mm port.

>having a phone with a soldered battery
seek mental help

nah, could be worse :^)

>Feelsbadman
Smileywithcarrotnose.ascii

Include me in the /r/Sup Forums cap.

The last phone I had with a removable battery was the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Even with the fuckhuge extended life battery, its battery life was still shitty.

>he doesn't buy a new phone once his current one's battery drops to 15%

>Galaxy S6 battery is getting worse
>no more upgrades from Verizon, would have to pay monthly for new phone
I want muh contract subsidies back, fuck paying $700.for a phone.

>he owns a modern phone
>when it's confirmed backdoored, insecure botnet on the hardware, fimrware, and software level
Never have, never will. Consumerist "technology" is cancer that they all deserve.

>antimatter
lagmatter is garbage

>not having a botnetphone just so Lain can spy on you whenever she's bored
I seriously hope you guys do understand.

I don't charge my phone, I just swap batteries every couple days.

post more lains

keep those lains commin

My note 4 doesn't have this issue