What does Sup Forums think of 8BitGuy?

What does Sup Forums think of 8BitGuy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TbCj3chP_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something about him seems so forced. But I tend to like his content overall. Not a regular watcher though.

repairs macs for a living

other than that, he's ok i guess

Delivery is a little odd and he's kind of goofy looking, but cool, and informative content. Interesting to see some of the unglamorous ways he restores stuff, since I use some of the same methods myself, and I thought I was doing a hack job. Though surprisingly he sometimes admits/reveals ignorance of things I thought were common knowledge, and I suspect he didn't grow up playing Atari 2600, as his dismissiveness of some of its games tingles my nerd rage.

Try looking up his short lived Cranial Pasta channel.

He's the tech equivalent of that weird uncle you see at family get togethers that you enjoy, but don't see often.

He gives off an awkward 70's nerd vibe.
I like some of his videos but most of them are not my cup of tea.

hes extremely autistic, similar to all the mentally ill linux users on this board

YouTube is a great place to find people who know a little bit about things, about what you'd get from skimming a Wikipedia page, but not very much. On the whole it is just people who are too autistic to realize you should be embarrassed to make a public video of yourself talking to the camera, and they are usually just talking about something they happened to have recently bought. You've got to have really low self esteem to think this guy is knowledgeable enough for you to waste your time with when you can do research yourself and avoid the mistakes and constant hand waving when they admit they don't t know exactly what they're talking about. Some of the worst are this idiot, as well as Techmoan and the Lazy Game Reviews guy. They have varying degrees of consumerism in the place of knowledge. They give the sort of simplistic, unsophisticated overview of things that make them the Vsauce of tech.

tl;dr you're probably a fagot

The video topics are cool but his conceit is awful. It's quite literally a beta male playing at confidence through arrogance. He's becoming so full of himself that I'm close to dropping him the same as I did with that Matthias Wandel douche.

I don't like how him and LGR have made donation videos a common, repeating thing. They should have been just a one off every once in a while, making routine donation vids just encourage people to give you more free shit. Part of it is jealously obviously, I don't like how they get lot's of rare and expensive shit for free because they're popular on Youtube. It's also just a lazy way to make videos, unboxing vids are boring, unboxing donations are even worse.

>It's quite literally a beta male playing at confidence through arrogance
>...through ignorance

who’s the fucker with the muppet shit? techmoan?
that guy is a faggot

I find it less awful with LGR because they're a lesser proportion of the twice-weekly videos and the donations can fuel Oddware and Tech Tales, which IMO are very entertaining. For 8BG they're basically now going to be a quarter of his vids and it's not adding anything new to the channel.

In both cases I understand why they enjoy donations and thus want to reward contributors, but I resent how "corporate donations" are sneaking their way in. What a shitty way to shoehorn sponsorship. Really, in the same video as people having given you their valued possessions for free and perhaps even paid shipping themselves? You use that as a vehicle to shill?

he coved two PC's i've had both the C64/C and IBM PC

He reminds me of my uncle Roy and his obession with the 80's and early 90's

I actually deleted a line I wrote about that because I'm in no place to judge his knowledge. For example I think he recently showed a chip pin-out and said that it would make sense to non-experts, implying that he is one because he knew to look it up and understand it. Might his knowledge qualify him as an expert? I don't know. But I'm quite certain that it's an arrogant thing for him to say.

Expert in A.I.

How the fuck didn't he know what an IPS screren was?

a macfag

fuck you

His obsession with tech is a bit on the creepy side. I mean who the hell takes an 80's toy camera and an early 2000's macbook to a public park and runs around there filming stuff? If I knew him irl I'd be ashamed to admit it to others. He does that weird american thing of pulling your family into the videos too.

But over the internet his obsession seems somewhat cute and his videos tend to be quite entertaining.

>He does that weird american thing of pulling your family into the videos too.

Oh god as an american I see that all the time.

he is so autistic
he nasal voice is so irritating

>not 10bit
dropped

Considering cuck fetish is mental illness, wincucks are the most mentally ill people in Sup Forums
>inb4 ass pain
lel

This guy can barely pretend to like half the stuff he gets.

He was probably following step 3 of an instructables page.

People with less sense of entitlement to getting everything on the internet for free enjoy his videos. They are happy to contribute to his Patreon account, or send "free stuff" as an alternate form of appreciation.

We should mail him a bunch of programming socks or some other weird shit.

Who does that? A guy demonstrating an old video camera testing outdoor performance.
Does he pull his family in often? Only one I recall offhand was said videocam video. And it wasn't until that vid did I learn he has a wile and kid.

Isn't he a cuck?

/vr/ and retro computing general hate his guts.

I just saw an episode and he actually didn't know IPS displays and assumed "it's some modern display tech".
IPS has been around for a long time now and even his fucking iphone he pulls out on every occasion has one.

he kinda has those cliche looks

why?

he loves assault rifles

he looks exactly like a cuck but I hope to god he isn't, semi cool dude, kinda forced videos but they are mildly interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TbCj3chP_c
Dude is just ok, but this video just triggered me.
When i saw what he done, my autistic 'electronic' senses gone REEEEEEEEEEEE

@9:42
Replacing bipolar electrolytic capacitor with foil one, and then "oh - display is somewhat dimmed and blurry". (I wonder why)

BTW one notable thing -
Replacing caps in old electronic devices is tricky, sometimes you can't replace them with now common low ESR ones. This can ruin circuit characteristics, mainly when it was designed for standard capacitors.

Holy autism Batman! Did you watch all the way through?

>On the whole it is just people who are too autistic to realize you should be embarrassed to make a public video of yourself talking to the camera
Why? You realize some people actually have self esteem, right?

Probably because he has ruined quite a few things by 'repairng' them.

Someone's jealous. xD

There's something off about this post. Like the guy writing it is trying to compensate for something.

>xD

Some bits are missing.

I just feel bad about his genes. Fuck he looks 20 years older than he actually is.

Otherwise I'm indifferent, I watch his videos sometimes despite my complete lack of interests in audio-production. I enjoy watching people who restore hardware.