FACT: nobody needs anything more than a $250 used thinkpad

FACT: nobody needs anything more than a $250 used thinkpad

FACT; buying anything more expensive than that is overkill, vanity, or stupidity

the screen is shit m8

"NOBODY"

lmao

I can't tell the difference between the legitimately retarded and the jokingly retarded anymore.

My libreboot t400 was $280.

Keep telling yourself that poorfag

FACT: All that you need to live are:

Oxygen.
Water.
Food.
Shelter.
Sleep.

FACT: What you need to live is not the same as what you need to stay sane or thrive.

Your fanboying thinkpads is far more vane than people buying whatever computer they want

as a netbook, sure...

You're right. I'll just wait an extra couple of hours for my scripts to run. Saving a couple of hundred dollars is definitely worth it.

What about will to live? If I only had your 5 basic needs I would kill myself

Then upgrade it.

Meh, I prefer the Elitebooks that HP offers.

If I'm gonna buy a laptop I'm gonna make sure it isn't a big clunky dinosaur laptop like that one. I'll get a surface pro 3 or somethinng

Fact: nobody needs a computer

Stephen Hawking needs one to speak.

He doesn't need to speak

You can't easily on every thinkpad

Freedom of speech/expression is literally considered a human right. By taking away his computer, you are taking that human right away.

Why is it that ThinkPad resale value decays so fast despite being a business grade laptop? Meanwhile Mac resale value stays strong for years even though it's normie grade.

Not really
if you compile alot of shit or run a multiple vm setup you need a quad core cpu.
w530 might do that job but good luck finding one for 250 dollarydoos

i bought a half broken t40 and used t43 bundled for $15

Not him but if you are not running a t60 yes u can

Then you bought the wrong ThinkPad.

>human right
Nice spooks, kiddo.

IN NZ your'll be luckly to get a decent laptop at $400
(t420)
the rest are broken or missing parts or just too damn old.

Can't you guys just import shit from ausies?
What are the import duties in NZ?

Rights are only necessary in the context of a state. States are not necessary. Necessity is conditional. You need [thing] in order for [other thing]. When it's said food is a necessity, that's shorthand for "food is necessary for the continuation of life." Necessity is a spook if you don't have defined parameters. OP is a faggot.

Sucks for you. I got a Vaio VPCEB23FM for 80 bucks, replaced the battery for 20, replaced the sound card for 30 (USBs were part of it and busted), and got a new motherboard for 30, upgraded the cpu from an intel i3 to an i5 for 35, and upgraded the RAM to 8GB for 40. Totaled out at $235.

Define "needs"

I think I am gonna buy the Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO Notebook.

Specs:

RAM: 4GB
Hard Disk Memory: 64GB EMMC
CPU: Intel Apollo Lake N3350(1.1GHz,Dual Core)
Graphics Chipset: Intel Graphics 500
Screen : 14 inch FHD
Price : $200

Should I go for it?

Off yourself, neckbeard neet trash.

search more you might find a better deal
But spec ways it pretty good only the cpu is shit tier
And friendly reminder no /mlp/ content is welcome on Sup Forums so remember every time you post a brony meme on here you trigger a fat neckbeard

my x220:
>$150
>IPS
>224gb SSD
mactoddlers can't even compete desu

FACT: OP is a salty envious poor fang.

ok Tornado92

I prefer my 500$ xiaomi air 13

Betcha can't buy a cheaper laptop that's new fampai.
>craig seven inch android 4.0 netbook
>has two usb
>has hdmi out
>one point three gigahertz cpu
>one gig ram
>headphone out
>mic out
>no touchscreen, keyboard and mousepad
>has wifi
>sd
>ethernet
Lots of old emulated games you could probably play on this. Poorfaggots think you're pretentious buying a computer that's HUNDREDS of dollars family.

Only forty dollars on amazon.

what can it be upgraded to?

also whats the best screen upgrade for x220? the ips one? i'm on the default one currently and it seems fine...

Dude, there's more nobodies than there is used thinkpads, elitebooks or latitudes.
So kys

how are vids on it? wanna get an x series with ips for high res vids but i dont wanna get more cpu than i need/a screen where it wont make a difference.

Yeah, the ips one but if i where you i would go for the l080p one because that's just fucking overkill.

yeah going to gum tree to pick up parts or just New egg in US its too expenise to buy even 2nd hand here.

I restored a broken Laptop i got a (HP 7400) C2D T4200 2.0Ghz machine with 4GB ram and 160HDD
it didn't support a ssd though too old.
Gave it too my mum because i needed a SD card reader and the stupid thing didn't support it.
finding anything with DDR2 is rather easy but they don't upgrade and i'll rather have something newer.

Maybe in USA yeah but here in yourop there is a ton of thinkpads for sale.

>3D
Hang urself

>hours
Sure

>vane

Because businesses upgrade a lot and they flood the market with the older version when they do

Why would you use an I instead of a 1

>everyone's use cases are exactly the same as my use case!
Get fucked.

I just woke up
I dunno

and I'm phoneposting

reminder that you're 3D so kys

You can change everything of thinkpads easily aa guck, I once changed the fucking power Jack, can't do that with other Notebooks

I would never use a ThinkPad as my ONLY PC.

You forgot to include the will to live

Enjoy designing anything on that thing

This

I bought a used x1 carbon 2012 model for $320. Did I fuck up?

Normies want macbooks, normies keep macbooks and normies even buy old macbooks so they can be seen with a macbook.
Companies turn over their laptops fairly regularly, and Thinkpads are wanted by a smaller chunk of the population.

Noy paying more than 70$

>Person asks for advice on laptop with good battery life and can play facebook games fine and browse the net. wants it cheap and wants it to last
>Recommend T420 or X220 with 9cell battery plus battery slice if they really want some hours out of it
>Let them use my X220 for the weekend
>They love the battery life and it plays all their shit fine
>Show them places to buy from
>See them the next weekend
>they bought 13" macbook pro

some of us travel for a living and don't want a giant five pound brick in our backpack with drivers at end of life. and I'm not even an Apple fan, but there are reasons to get more expensive PCs.

/thread

>but there are reasons to get more expensive PCs.
Of course there are. But to the autistic NEETs here who think one must always pick the cheapest/"best value" option, there is nothing more compelling.

FACT: OP is a huge faggot.

I travel for a living, which is why I appreciate Thinkpads. Build quality, durability and a hell of a keyboard.

I still like Thinkpads, just not the ones you're going to get for $250. I have an X1 Yoga for work and for my non-travel machine I have an X230 that I bought new and have been using for 4+ years now (bought September 2012).

That being said build quality has fallen off a bit
>X1 Yoga touchscreen went sporadic on my first machine
>get a brand new replacement from work, within 2 weeks the trackpoint dies (sporadic clicking/movement). disabling it stops the problem but the scratchpad sucks and I'm totally reliant on a bluetooth mouse

here
Also I travel for a living too (travel fell off in 2016, coming back up this year, but I did 120+ flights/yr from 2016-2017 and I'm almost Marriott Lifetime Platinum [750 nights/2million points] at age 27). So I appreciate weight in addition to make greatly.

My only computer is a T60, and that does all I need a computer to do. If I ever do upgrade the only demand will be that I want something fanless.

Interestingly, the only issues I've heard of involving current Thinkpad lines always come back to either one of the cheap 'education' models or the X1.
I've got a T420 I got myself recently as a stopgap solution, but I'm enjoying using the thing so much that I think it's going to be my daily carry for the foreseeable. It's a little heavier than an ultrabook, but I'm prepared to make that trade for the toughness of the machine. I see portability as being a combination of durability, size and utility. No good nailing size but flunking the other two.

you technically don't **need** shelter if no one is out to get you

No, you really do. Sleeping exposed to the elements is at best very unpleasant and at worst life-shortening.

Some of the kids here might want to do more than wank to cartoons.
Ever thought of that, smart guy?

poor people ladies and gentlemen

You're halfway there

I want to carry something thin and light. X1 carbon 5th gen it is

Is this something thats just exclusive in the tech world , I own a ps4 and a mac book air and for some reson that will completely trigger people into giving me a 15 min marketing speech about pc master race.

for some reson people are less passionate about who I pay my phonebill to , do people on Sup Forums own shares in valve/nvida or something?

>used
Nope.

>poorfag creates thread to feel better about his economic situation

I am, in-fact, a proud owner of a Thinkpad T420 (which I had initially acquired for under $90 in excellent condition) but this thread is really stupid. Even if I were to upgrade all the components, I would still be unable to run a lot of high-end software. Everyone's usage of a computer differs greatly and to suggest that someone's needs can be met for the same price is absurd.

Thinkpads (at least the T420) are very well made laptops.

Rocking 380$ total cost of all technology here, feels good.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I bought $1000 thinkpad

I need a name I can search

Go for the chuwi lapbook 12.3, it has a better screen, aluminum build, 6gb ram, dual SSD slots for an extra $100.

But can it play doom natively without an OS?

Just a fyi. T420 will be libreboot by 2018. Feels good.

2007 Samsung netbook with Gentoo is all the computer you need. i386 + 2gb. You can actually get quite far with web browsing if you turn off javascript.

the cheapest thinkpads are in usa and ship to usa only. the price is always higher in eu.

Best you can get is 1440p IPS.

I need to watch hd twitchbait and play todd howard's games to stay sane though. Not everything is work work work and posting on Indian poop reviewing forums.

My toaster is the base minimum everyone needs.
>Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
>4 GB DDR2 @667 Mhz
>Nvidia 650 Ti OC Edition