Post your speedtests

Post your speedtests

Price/months
Caps?

You should tell your ISP to rename itself to either Libre or Gratis in order to avoid confusion

Nperf is garbage in the US sadly. All 1gbps servers and none anywhere particularly close to me.

Kinda pointless testing a 1gbps internet connection on a speedtest server that caps at 1gbps and is shared with other users so you'll rarely actually see anywhere near 1gbps

1gbps down & 500mbps up (metropolitan speeds obviously) for 10 euros/mo

at my cousins place. my own apartment is 60/10 from time warner (now spectrum)

65/2. I'm paying for 220/20.

Why do you let them do this to you?

Not at home but paying 240/month for 60/5 and getting 67/5.5

>mfw 10 up 1 down

I have Spectrum. My speeds aren't very consistent. I get the advertised speed the majority of the time but there's a lot of random drops. I'm sure if I test again in an hour I'll be back to 220/20.

Wait no

10 down 1 up

20 €/month
No caps

VPN uptime 100%, this is while tunneling the data through 2 servers. Price is included in rent, think its like 20 bucks. No data cap.

australian here

I felt 10mbps was slow back in 2005....

Be glad you've not experienced better, going back down to that would make you want to kill yourself (assuming you don't already want to kill yourself)

>University

Not really the same as a residential connection.

$4/month
no caps

Pretty jealous. Purchased a house in December, Connecticut US. 200 Mbs plan is 65USD for the first year and then about 100USD afterwards =[ Gigabit likely isn't available to me as i am on a rural route.

Connecticut is small enough that you could get lucky. The big issue for fiber is rural mid-west states that have 200-300 mile+ stretches with only 1-2 people per mile, if that.

The fact you're in the north east is the reason you've got 200mbps available as it is, give it another decade and I wouldn't be shocked if you had gigabit available.

That is pretty fair! I just purchased a new modem with the bcm chipset and bonded ports for future proofing. Im thinking of wiring the house with cat6 as well since it is a ranch with open ceiling and floor in the basement/attic for easy access. I feel like cat7 would be expensive for nothing and cat5e wouldn't be worth it it I had to run more later. I work for an electrical contractor and myself am an EE/CompE. Does that sound reasonable?

If you're laying cable now CAT6a is the only thing that makes sense, in bulk the price isn't all that much greater than CAT5e, and CAT7 isn't a ratified specification yet, so I wouldn't use that, especially since CAT6a is fine up for 10gbps up to 100 meters.

I'd hold off on switches and NICs at the moment though especially since 2.5 and 5gbps NICs and switches are set to hit the market later this year and next year, and they're generally far cheaper than their 10gbps cousins.

The OP didn't state the Speedtest had to be of a residential connection though.

It's pretty much expected in these threads to be fair.

Work connections, data center connections, and university connections are pretty much ignored because it's not your private internet and it's likely costing 10x what those of us with residential gigabit are paying.

34€/Month, but I have a static IPv4 Adress and no Caps.

That sounds good! Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

Nice, is this with the ISP's router?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, this is with my ISPs supplied router

Reminder that this is only possible because of Ajit Pai's deregulation efforts. Thank you based Pajeet.

It's been planned for years, long before the current administration. It first went live as 750/750mbps in NYC in January and 2-3 months it was upped to 1000/1000 and started expanding to other areas of the FiOS network.
Kys shill

>t. Netflix shill

No
>t. A FiOS customer for 9+ years

Not at home: 110 down, 10 up for $60usd/mo, no caps.

Fuck off shill

40mbps down, 25mpbs up for $90/month. I'm not even in a rural part of America, only 5 miles from a decently sized city.

70 a month no data cap

What if I told you it legally cost nothing?

To you, someone is paying for it.

Does your router like cut out sometimes or it seems as if it just freezes for a bit?

Nope, mine is good all the time.

God so pissed that verizon left my area and went to frontier

Frontier is upgrading for 1gbps next year or late this year.

the g110 that verison gives you is decent with a dual core processor but doesn't have a great wireless range (for a large home) compared to the ea6500 that i had ddwrt on.

I use wired access points to extend the Wifi in my house, the G1100 gives me ~400mbps in the same room, with access points around the house i get steady 250-300mbps from pretty much anywhere.

yeah i wound up using the ea6500 as a repeater bridge to saturate the rest of the house

Noice, hopefully the end of this year, my 2 year contract is up in Feb

The university, yeah. I am not a student or staff member though.

Yeah, I'm debating building a Pfsense router for 10gbps and upgrading to comcast's 2gbps service just for shit's and giggles. But it's a ~$2500+ prospect, so i probably wont end up doing it. At least not yet.

reeeeeeeeeee

Supposed to be 1 Gbps down but apartment's telecommunication infrastructure is too old so connection still stucked to VDSL, hence the bottleneck.

Unlike other country which ISP offered telecommunication infrastructure and internet service in one pack, in Japan telecommunication infrastructure and internet service operated independently by different companies.

30$/month
No cap

How much would a router like that cost? What parts would you pick?

Most of it is the NICs, for Pfsense i'd pick a decently high end quad core, so a 7600k or 7640X.
Then 8-16GB of RAM, and a small NvME SSD for the OS.

I'd probably go with the X550-T2 NIC, dual port card which supports 1, 2.5, 5, and 10gbps. As well as some hardware QoS offload so less CPU time is needed.

Total cost would be around $800-1000 for the router.

Another $200-300 for CAT6a runs in my house, and another $150-200 (or $50-75 used) for 10gbps NICs.

Total cost conservatively for hardware would be ~$1500.

Plus comcast charges another $1000 for installation of the 2gbps service.