Its been 7 years and I still want one

Its been 7 years and I still want one.

What's some old tech you want Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpd.hk/
amazon.com/iKNOWTECH-Quality-Charger-Charging-cable-Charge/dp/B014KSQXAS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502703652&sr=8-3&keywords=vita charging data
amazon.com/battery-converter-Playstation-Cosmos-Fastening/dp/B007Y3L5RI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A minidisc player. I have a low-end one I bought back in the day. Bu the time I could afford nicer stuff, minidiscs were already obsolete, and the nicer hardware was actually more expensive than it was when it was relevant.

Why don't you get a modern GPD? gpd.hk/

square monitors

Revox B250.

Pic related, with a flexible screen and some hardware buttons.

They're making a new version you know. It's supposed to start production Real Soon Now(tm)

Ah man I’ve got one of these laying around.

A Leica M3

For a 6yo technology though they are expensive as fuck.

meant picture related
but being a fag I forgot the picture

gp2x wiz

Uglier and lack of Linux support

I miss using my StarTAC.

Just bought pic related, currently turning it into a nostalgiacomfy xp machine that can play hd videos/music and basic browsing/shitposting

I heard eepcs are nice once you upgrade the ram and over clock a bit.

Eeepcs are nice, but I bought one of these acer zg5's back in 2008, and it was an amazing little thing.

>better times, before tablets and smart phones took over.

I want it. I want it so bad.

w700ds, and a trinitron from an atc tower.

One Hi-MD disc is $50, jesus fuck.

I'm going to make my own with the EOMA68.

Back in 2002-2006 or so I had what was either a portable cd player that had 3 minute or 300 second anti skip protection and could also play burnt mp3s. For a short time before ipods took off I was making all the other kids jelly with my jog proof setup. Or jealous enough that it was eventually stolen. Because of that I am not sure what brand it was but I've been looking for anything similar on ebay but it seems like every cd player maxes out at 60 seconds. I didn't know how good I had it until I didn't.

You can format plain Minidiscs with the same file system and use them in place of the high capacity ones. The high capacity discs died off pretty fast.

I sure want an overpriced piece of shit umpc that has game controls marketed towards "real non-gamer linux users like me" versus a $80 android with a folding bluetooth keyboard and week long battery

Why can't chinks just copy that thing?

>the time before the time when I just gave up so we should all be neo luddites as I pretend to be a 70 year old 20 year old

I still dream of making my own PlayStation games and sharing them with my friends.

>300 dollars
>shit specs

Still want one tho

Literally anything old that does its job well is so comforting to my autism, idk why but it just feels amazing using these devices that feel like they had effort put into every inch of their design and they were made so well they still work.

One of these.

I don't even need a flash cart. GBA games are so comfy.

I need this more than I need air

i wonder what happened to the series of handhelds by Game Park or the Dingoos

Just because how it looks.

Just picked up a Vita. OLED version for 75 bucks, and a 64GB card for 20 bucks (Don't know why that guy on ebay was selling them for so cheap, but there you go). Pretty fucking happy with it. Looking forward to playing games in bed and at work.

neat

why don't they make stuff like the toshiba libretto today

hell it's probably even easier to do these days than ever

Sony always made laptops that I thought looked good. That said, the internals never justified the price they asked.

The can keep the exterior and pull a similar machine today way more powerful but... Sony.

Well, Sony sold their PC division a few years back. Vaio is still around, but it isn't Sony-owned anymore.

That said, I will say that if you're just looking for a modular budget laptop, old Vaios aren't that bad. I picked up one for 80 bucks, replaced the sound board for 30, the motherboard for 30, the battery for 20, doubled the RAM to 8GB for 30, and upgraded the i3 to an i5 for 40. Pretty fucking good, all things considered, especially when an Elitebook wound up costing closer to 500.

That said, the Elitebook, while not as sylish, has superior build quality.

True. But, to the best of my knowledge, you still need a Hi-MD recorder/player for that, and those are rarer and pretty expensive. Plus, the re-formatted discs will then no longer work in older players, either.

*this*
Also, a GBA with a ags-101 screen in it

I had one and it broke in my backpack in 2011 and I still regret that. Of course I have like 5 other things that can play GBA games.

I want another one of these even though it always sucked as an actual media player, the design is just so good.

enso that shit

I got this baby brand new for 70 bucks. It's a 12 y.o. phone and I bought it solely to remember my good old high school days. I can't believe the seller had a bunch of these.

That's expensive for a phone released in 2005.

why it's so popular here? seems pretty unpractical to use

yo ca get md stereo decks for like $60 now.

dreamcast still has a homebrew community.

sony erricsson phones were the peak of mobile phones.
I don't see why modern feature phones are not anywhere as good.
It is like every phone developer forgot how to make phones around 2007

What did it have that, say the Casio Rock didn't?

I know, but I didn't care much. I had the money to buy it.
Tell me about it, I got sick of my Galaxy Note II and I use the SE one to play kickass games like I used to, I even made myself a theme.
God I want to go back.

God I loved this phone.

I had a friend who had one. It broke on him like once every 3 months.

I got both a Pandora and a GB Micro with an M3 perfect

That's certainly something

They did though.
Ya fuck.

this thing maybe?

Bought one of these. Was cool for a couple months before the screen started getting black blobs on it, which grew over time until the screen stopped working at all.

can we get chinks to produce a royalty free mini bluray(or similar) optical disk
i just want 8GiB to start out with till tech advances and you have dual layers for 16GiB

I need zfs snap shots and portable flacs...

we need alternative storage aside from flash because magnetic tape and spindles arent capable anymore

Do you actually play the jap green?

had one of these fall into my hands at way too young an age. She held up so beautifully though for year and years and years. The beautiful T40

tfw had an opportunity to pick one up for $60 but pussied out

cute small tech

How's vita community nowadays? there's a decent N64 emulator which can play OOT or still nothing?
I've wanted to buy one since those MicroSD adapters got released, but i want to make sure it wont end up in my drawer like my gold ol' PSP.

>like my gold ol' PSP.
Chargers keep shitting themselves. Its fucking annoying to be buying a new one every two months.

Sure. In fact I already finished it. But not on Gameboy.

Vita isn't bad so long as you stay on 3.60. Shit like the micro SD card converter is available for cheap on ebay, too.

It's still an indie game machine when not hacked. Undertale is dropping on it tomorrow, with other shit like that coming out regularly.

I love the shit out of my OLED one.

Pick up these on amazon and you should be set:

amazon.com/iKNOWTECH-Quality-Charger-Charging-cable-Charge/dp/B014KSQXAS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502703652&sr=8-3&keywords=vita charging data

amazon.com/battery-converter-Playstation-Cosmos-Fastening/dp/B007Y3L5RI

I still have my mid range hi-MD player around. I actually use it here and there. It sounds way the fuck better than any iPod or other player I used after that... Flash memory killed a God.

Sell the vita card for more and then hack vita and use the microsd card adapter

I have a 11" model that came later, was planning to slap lubuntu on it. How much of a pain would it be? Has anyone tried?

>Chargers keep shitting themselves. Its fucking annoying to be buying a new one every two months.
Is it original? mine has been literally working fine by 10 years now.

Nah. I'm happy with the card I have.

I had one too holy shit. But I thought it was great

that doesnt sound like fun with all the moon runes

fuck no, cheap shit china ones

all in one computer made by intel to compete with the iMac. Wanted one so bad...
Still do.

Never understood that stuff. It was pretty much a, "Hey! Would you like to have a computer with the access of a laptop, but none of the portability of one?" "Boy, would I!"

I wish they made this with a proper keyboard and track-point style buttons.

Huh? Where?

I'm sure this is kind of lame but...

月ルーン文字読める

was that a portable dvd player?

that drink also sounds fucking lethal

I worked at Best Buy when they tried to sell these and similar. Massive fail.

this but they fucked up the trackpoint location

fucking rice niggers

I realize they're fucking stupid but I really would love to play around with one

stop shilling this trash meme

;-;
theres something really appealing of a pocket x86 device
>tfw cant justify the price because performance might be shit

>Im too autistic to even read what you replied too
can you be a huge fag somewhere else?

Dude!

Nokia N900

I want librebooted thinkpad so goddamn much

quality HiFi equipment from the 80's