/spg/ - Smartphone General - Explosive Redmi Note 4 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Redmi Note 4 Explodes In Owner’s Pocket; Leaves A Hole In His Thigh
english.sakshi.com/news/2017/08/13/redmi-note-4-explodes-in-owners-pocket-leaves-a-hole-in-his-thigh

Panasonic launches the Eluga A3 and A3 Pro
gsmarena.com/panasonic_launches_the_eluga_a3_and_a3_pro-news-26735.php

Motorola Z2 Force appears to have a 'jelly effect' a la OnePlus 5
gsmarena.com/motorola_z2_force_appears_to_have_a_jelly_effect_a_la_oneplus_5-news-26729.php

Samsung Galaxy Note8 US launch may happen just 10 days from now
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note8_us_launch_may_happen_in_just_10_days_from_now-news-26731.php

LG teases V30's software prowess: Floating Bar, Always On Display, and Face/Voice recognition
gsmarena.com/lg_teases_v30s_software_prowess_floating_bar_always_on_display_and_face_voice_recognition-news-26727.php

Asus ZenFone 4 appears on GFXBench, revealing specs prior to next week's unveiling
phonearena.com/news/Asus-ZenFone-4-appears-on-GFXBench_id96985

old

Other urls found in this thread:

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
youtu.be/_f9boHfKbn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm getting a bit tired of the LG G3 I have currently.

What are the most decent phones lately that hover around the 400-500 mark max?

I'd like it to have a headphone jack, USB C, A fingerprint reader (On the back if possible), Good battery life, NFC, IR blaster (if possible), Removable battery (If possible), and an SD card (If possible).

I've looked at the LG V20, and it's the closest thing to what I really love and like, but it's impossible to get here, I've also looked at ZTE Axon 7, that looks like a decent choice.

Anything that about marks these things?
I live in The Netherlands.

I bought an ASUS Zenfone 3 for about 350€ on MediaMarkt clearance.

8core 2'0 GHZ, 64 GB internal, 4GB RAM, 5'5 screen and a really nice camera with laser focus.

Only drawback is that the stock android it comes with is a bit bloated for my taste, but it supports AOSP with LegacyOS.

After a bit of using different types of phones, i went back to Samsung for the s8+, although it has its problems i prefer it and at least the company services the phone. I had a Nexus 6p before it and neither huawei or google wanted to fix it. Bitched for 2 weeks before they finally gave in. I'm not one to but a warranty because i take care of my shit but it was even 2 years old and they were telling me no on a well known issue with the phone.

How's the bloat on the S8? It's the only thing that's turning me off it right now

About to buy a Redmi Note 4.
What do?

Really hoping for the V30 to be waterproof, that's pretty much the only thing missing... might be due for an upgrade from my 6S.

Used it since release.

Not too bad. The only issue I had with it was the fucking Bixby button.

You can turn it off with apps and you can even fuck it with via root.

That's pretty much it. The other apps are non-intrusive compared to the fucking S6 for example.

I'm Italian, my father bought a V20 on Ebay for €325
Yes the battery is shit, yes it overheats, yes the second screen is useless, and yes the audio jack is too large, plus it's way too big
If you don't mind this, it's a pretty good phone. I'm still in love with my Redmi 4 Prime tho

PIZZA PASTA PUT IT IN A BOX

BRING IT HERE AND

The LG G3 overheats, The audio is horrible of it.

Seems like some things never change.

Redmi 4 prime hmm?

currently have a oneplus 3, getting tired of it for multiple reasons, oneplus 5 was a stillbirth imo so I'm just done with the OP brand.

Looking into an xperia xz premium, love the design of the phone (even though it has xboxhueg bezels), the hardware is amazing and it looks like the next 3 phones in the xperia line are all weaker and made for cheaper markets, so it doesn't seem there will be an upgrade in the relatively near future.

Anybody have one? Opinions about it?

Shoot a hole in your head, gay ass retard

Maybe you'll prefer the Note 4X/Note 4 Snapdragon, it has way more ROMs, but coming from a G3 (yes, me too friend) I loved the smaller screen (5.5" for the G3 vs 5" for the Redmeme). But no Type-C and no NFC. It doesn't have removable battery, but it lastes 2 days so I don't care

The frames are just too big for such an expensive phone IMO.

Makes me kinda mad. Also Sony has it FILLED with bloat.

For that price I'd rather go for a Huawei p10 or an S8, desu.

Even the LG G6 would do but eeeeeeh

Well I figured I could just root it and get rid of the bloat, then I would just ramboost an SD to make it faster/smoother. I honestly love the design and the fact that it has arguably one of, if not the, best displays on the market currently and the top qualcomm chip, I might as well just go for that one

Between that and the Pixel?

Just bought an xperia Z2, sonys 2014 flagship for 99 dollars. Checked everything before buying and everything looks good, even the battery and keys.
How long can I expect this phone to last assuming I'll just flash aosp builds on it?

Shold've bought BLU R1 HD instead.

Depends. What do you use the most in your phone?

Are the Sony reveals for August 31st going to be any good? Hope the new Xperia Compact isn't going to be a piece of shit

My contract is up in october. Don't have a whole lot of options in aus with my carrier, but really the u11 or s8 is my best bet.
Anything else I should look at as an alternative, or even things that will release?

Right now? Pokemon Go. And I hate myself for it

I've had brief experience with the Pixel, but if it's for PKMN GO I mean just.

Whatever desu.

But between the two it depends if you like Stock android too much or not. I like the curved screen gimmick and it boils down to that AND the camera. S8's camera takes better night pics, Pixel has a tad better OIS IMO.

Also phone HDR screen on S8 is a nice gimmick if you own Amazon Pride.

All around they're similar, but I like the S8 a tad more.

Reposting
I need help choosing a case for my OP3T which will arrive soon.
from what I've seen the most popular choices are
Otterbox
Spigen Rugged Armor
Spigen Neo-Hybrid

If I'm going of purely whatever is the best protection, which one should I choose?

I have 299 usd, recommend me a replacement for mi max prime 4gb/128gb)

Zuk Z2 Pro
Mi5s Plus
Le Max 2

How the Rom support on zuk z2

Plz do the needful sir

Honor 9 has everything you're after except a removable battery.

What are the options at ~150€ for shitposting, being comfy when browsing, periscope/youtube, gps routing ?
5.5 or 5, decent camera, 4G (800, 1800, 2600)

What bloat is there on Sony phones?

zukfans.eu

RR+mokee+unofficial LOS.

Mi Max 2

>Honor 9

Let me have a look..

How long until the Galaxy Note 5 prices go down, after the Note 8 comes out?

Is there anywhere I can check the price charts over the years, from previous phones, to see if it's worth waiting or getting the new one?

Redmi Note 4 Global
Moto G5

Lenovo p2 if you can live without the removable battery

Femanon here

Sony are among the good guys, very little bloat. Most things can at least be disabled if not completely uninsitalled

Last time I used it I grew bored of their bullshit tutorials on how to open the apps drawer.

I hate that shit.

Whenever I post "femanon" shit I get banned, but nooo I always see your shit posts here

Have been using my Lenovo P2 for a week now. Holy fuck, the vibration is weak. Any idea how to pimp it? I can barely notice the phone vibration when a Whatsapp message comes in.

Don't Buy the Indian version, if don't live in Indian shouldn't be that hard

God Lenovo phones are shit.

I'd rather buy a fucking Meizu and I fucking hate their bullshit.

IIRC you could use some customs ROMs to force the motors to be a tad stronger.

>pimp it
What is this, 2002?

Is their rom development for the Indian version?
How's the rom it ships with?

>Order OP5
>3 days later order is still processing
?????

CHINKED.

Hope you can wait 2 months

Nokia 6 or honor 8?

>How's the rom it ships with?
It's basically stock android. The launcher is crappy though. I replaced it with Nova.

Nokia 7

shiet

Hello lads
How bad are the refurbished Chinese iPhones from eBay? I just want something pre-iOS 7 back in my hands again
FYI 4S is the model that can be downgraded

I want to revive my Nexus 7 '13, mainly for playing music on speakers. What would be the best custom rom these days? I saw Resurrection remix seems popular.

Why are you tired of it? Im planning to get the OnePlus 3T..gib advice pls

hi guys

S8's been out a while now. was wondering how it's holding up so far for anyone here who owns one
also if you have pictures of your phone you could share that'd be nice
the phone looks really nice
idk

>About to buy a Redmi Note 4.
>What do?
Get life insurance, house insurance.

LOL
nice one firend :)

great phone with no complaints, pretty much perfect in every way

bump

pls

Is it actually bad for your phone battery to keep it charging overnight?

overnight, nah
over several days, and your battery will bloat

happened to a friend of mine

good to hear it still is perfect

>bloat
?

it'll expand

Not a problem on the Apple iPhone.

No USB C :[

Fuck off fanboy

No.

Who the fuck charges phone for several days?

Idiots. That's who.

The fuck do you need USB-C for? Muh future-proof? Smartphones are made to last two years tops anyway.

So I can replace the cable in my car and get faster charging speeds, also faster transfer speeds.

USB-C does not automatically mean USB 3.1 though. Xperia XA1 for example has USB-C but that just means that the connector is reversible. The plug itself is still only 2.0.
Keep that in mind when looking for your phone, m8.

Does a samsung note 3 have better battery life than an lg g3? Its driving me insane looking for a phone thats cheap and has at least a 5.5 inch screen that have a long lasting battery.

Good point, Thanks

Lately a lot of people have asked this:
batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

What phones would you recommend for an older adult?
His current phone is some cheap Samsung ~5" device from a year or two ago, so just about anything new is faster.
Ideally should be around 150ish, but I could probably convince him to get something around $200 if its well worth the extra money.

Moto E4 Plus

Redmi note 5 when?

youtu.be/_f9boHfKbn4

Is a snapdragon 435 or 425 good enough for emulating psp games and fate grand order?

No

its actually not that bad, i jsut got an s8 and removed all the bloat apps which was only like 5
now bixby is the gimmicky thing that is harder to remove because theres a fucking button dedicated to it

I want a phone to replace my broken Nexus 6. I don't care about system specs like processor speed and RAM (playing videos is the most resource-intensive thing I'll need it to do). I want it to be waterproof, have compatibility with LineageOS (or an alternative to LineageOS), and have a good battery life. I *don't* want a big screen like the Nexus 6. A fingerprint scanner might be nice, too.

XPERIA X Compact meets all that
XPERIA Z3 Compact has superb battery life and fits all your needs except for the fingerprint scanner

Get a job

It does, get the Note 4 it's better

Does anyone have a Mi max 2? I am planning to buy it

talk me out of getting an Honor 6x, it looks great for the price i don't see a reason not to

best phone in the £70 - £100 range?

Spend £10 more and get a Redmi Note 4 Global

Last time I had to root an android device was way back in the day when it took a good sitting and multiple trial and errors. Has it improved nowadays? One click easy mode? The OP doesn't have any rooting guides.

Whats good about it?

Should I wait for the pixle 2 or just get a galaxy s8 now?
I might switch to verizon at some point
Shame that RCS is on the back burner of all the major corps in America

Very good specs for the price. 3gb RAM and 32gb storage, SD625 SoC, huge 4100mah battery, 1080p display, MicroSD slot, fingerprint reader. Official LineageOS too if that's your thing.

What is the absolute best specced phone from Motorola this very instant?
Any interesting releases planned in the near future from them?

Z2 Force, but it's kinda shit. Moto X4 is coming soon and seems pretty interesting, it's midrange rather than a flagship phone though.

not the guy you replied to but is the international version the same as the global version?

Check the supported bands, as some sellers/sites call it by a different name than others. Only the Global version has B4 (1700/2100) and B20 (800). Often "international version" just means it has the Global ROM installed, but that doesn't mean it's the Global version.

thanks that helps a lot :) i really appreciate it

>no headphone
>that shit fingerprint placement
id wait for the s9

>no headphone
Are you retarded?