Hey

Hey

I know shit about computers and just bought this laptop for 510 dollars.

I'm only gonna use it for school related stuff which includes word etc. and stream tv and movies online.

Should I get something else or is this fine?

specs:

AMD e2 -9000e Dual core Processor
4 GB RAM
500 GB harddisc
17,3" HD+ anti-reflect screen
AMD Radeon R2 grafic card
WiFi.N & Bluetooth 4.0
2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0 & 1 x HDMI
Windows 10

It's shit.

yeah well.. I bought it in a hurry 'cause my other pc is terminally ill. So what should I get instead in that price range?

A used ThinkPad

>AMD e2 -9000e Dual core Processor
Awful processor. Look for something with even an older Core i5

>4 GB RAM
That's about as low as you can go before it's a ripoff.

>500 GB harddisc
Standard.

>17,3" HD+ anti-reflect screen
Do you really want a 17" laptop? Also instead of "HD+" check the actual resolution. It had better be 1920x1080.

>AMD Radeon R2 grafic card
Well that's nice.

>WiFi.N & Bluetooth 4.0
Standard.

>2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0 & 1 x HDMI
Standard.

>Windows 10
Standard.

Basically you're getting ripped off on the CPU, RAM and maybe the screen. Also HP laptops are terrible with overheating. Probably the worst in the world. Not even kidding.

>500gb is standard
I've seen less expensive laptops with 1tb

Sure, and I've seen them with 6-8GB RAM too. I just think it's nothing special. Not abysmal, not pleasantly surprising.

Thanks for the detailed response.

Gonna return it later and get something else.
I've read read that I should go for an SSD and that I should buy one with an Intel processor. at least i5.

opinions on that matter?

Please tell those weren't burger dollars

SSD is nice but it's a luxury. If money is tight then don't worry about it. This is because the laptop companies will charge you too much for SSD compared to what you pay if you buy one yourself. Better to just skip all that right now.

When you find the processor, post it on Sup Forums so we can look at the specs. There are many different types of i5 and some are better than others.

Remember to check the screen resolution on the replacement you get. And see if you can do better on the RAM.

Too much for you.

The screen is nice but I worry if 14" is too small for you to enjoy comfortably for watching. It's okay if you have a monitor or TV you can plug into.
You don't need a mobile i7 processor.
With Intel graphics on the CPU, you don't need a graphics card for "school related stuff...and stream tv and movies."
Memory is nice.
SSD is again a luxury. Plus maybe you want to save movies and stuff later. SSDs are always smaller. HDDs are big and cheap.

Sorry. Deleted the post because I got the wrong specs. There wasn't 8 gb ram for example.

I have about 700 gb worth of shit on the pc I use right now movies etc. I also use my computer to store a lot of music.

What about this one? It's 633 dollars

Write processor Intel Pentium
CPU Number / Model 4405U
CPU generation 6. gene
Number of cores 2
Speed (GHz) 2.10
CPU cache 2 MB
CPU Features - Technical Information Skylake

Storage and memory
RAM type DDR4
RAM (GB) 4.00
RAM Max. Upgrade (GB) 8
RAM speed (MHz) 2 133
RAM slot (total) 1
RAM slot (available) 0
Storage Type SSD
Write hard disk SSD
Storage Capacity (GB) 128 GB
Total storage capacity (GB) 128

graphics
Type of graphics card shared
Producing Graphics Card (GPU) Intel
Graphics Card Model (GPU) Intel HD Graphics 510

Performance benchmarking
PCMark Score 2 158,00
PCMark Category Home
Video playback time 3.67

Display / Display
Screen Size (inch) 14
Display Type IPS, LED Backlit
Standard Full HD (1080p)
Touchscreen Yes
Max. Resolution 1920 x 1080
16: 9

I think this is also a ripoff. Pentium processors are Intel's lowest-tier line. Only 128GB SSD for storage. 4GB RAM again just barely makes the cutoff. And all those compromises for over $600?

Sorry to be so difficult but I'm just calling it like I see it.

I might be looking the wrong places. Just took the stores that's in the mall I bought the pc, because my patience is zero almost, and thought it could be nice with a functional computer today.

If I should look for one online where should I go? Located in Europe.

Sorry user, I'm Amerifat. Don't know Yuropoor online markets.

Allright..

Think I might got something here.

price 570 dollars

Type of processor Intel Core i3
CPU number / model i3-7100U
CPU generation 7 gene
Number of cores 2
Speed (GHz) 2.40
CPU cache 3 MB
CPU Features - Technical Information Kaby Lake

Storage and memory
RAM type DDR4
RAM (GB) 6.00
RAM speed (MHz) 2 133
RAM slot (total) 2
RAM slot (available) 0
Storage Type SSD
Type Hard Disk SSD
Total storage capacity (GB) 128

graphics
Type of graphics card Shared
Manufacturer Graphics Card (GPU) Intel
Graphics Card Model (GPU) Intel HD Graphics 620

Performance benchmarking
PCMark Score 2 743.00
PCMark Category Produce
Video playback hours 6.08

Screen / Display
Screen Size (inches) 15.6
Display Type LED Backlit
Standard Full HD (1080p)
Touchscreen No.
Max. Resolution 1920 x 1080
16: 9

Yes, I think you got something there. I hope you know what you're planning on doing with your 700GB of files though. Also which manufacturer makes this laptop?

I've put the most important stuff on google drive as for now.

It's an HP 15.

Ugh, you break my heart with these HP laptops user. But the specs are in line. Please just be mindful of heat and airflow. Watching movies might be uncomfortable if the cooling fan spins up to chainsaw levels of noise.

Oh sure. The one I have right now is an HP. haha.. I know how loud it can get if there's too much dust around the fan.

However the fan was the one who gave up last night, and this is how I cool it down right now so it wont turn off...also why I'm a little desperate getting a new one.

Anyway I've got tinnitus, so it can actually be reliefing sometimes with some noise around.

Well, this is the one I'm gonna buy. Thank you so for much for your help!

Very nice cooling solution.

Enjoy your new computer user.

That's absolutely terrible man. Take it back, get something with an SSD and at least AC wifi.

HP is incredibly hard to repair if something goes wrong, just so you know.

The AMD E2 is ultra low end
Get a 15" HP with an AMD A10 and a 1080p screen
Those are cheap and pretty good

And something always goes wrong with them, they are literal shit, I fucking hate HP

i5 are nice, but AMD CPUs will also do just fine, are cheap and have far better integrated graphics if you want to play some vidya
Just avoid low end stuff like the E2

If you can fit 2 hard drives in there stick an ssd in it and put your os. Solid state makes even shit computers faster

Am I the only one with a HP that works well?
Never gets loud and stays cool
The screen is kind of shitty, but overall its a good laptop and I'm satisfied with it

How old is it

About a year

Get this.
Acer 15 E5-575-33BM

New i3 are just fine and very cheap, you get the same specs for $400 with an i3 usually

I'm using one right now too, but I'm cheating: no fans at all because it's all solid state and low performance netbook stock.

It's useless without CUDA.

The HP meme is from 5+ years ago. Totally warranted that it still lives on, though, because they were housefires. I'm sure their customer service is still shit