IT'S OVER AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

IT'S OVER AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/235740/amd-says-vega-delays-necessary-to-increase-stock-for-gamers
marketwatch.com/story/nvidia-more-bullish-on-cryptocurrency-than-amd-2017-08-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigger

HAHAHA AMD IS DEAD

THE GPU THAT WILL BANKRUPT AMD

>sold out on release day
>bankrupt
>dead

HOW WILL AMD EVER RECOVER FROM THIS UNMITIGATED DISASTER

Dunno user, you tell me.

PAPER LAUNCH
HCNUAL REPAP

YEAH!

S U G O I
U
G
O
I

>GPUs are shit
>sell out

Look folks, marketing at work.

See Fermi and Kepler

Sold out instantly != Paper launch. This was being grabbed by miners and gamers at the same time. It does not surprise me at all. I saw some Newegg links were still in stock for a few minutes before vanishing ..

I should say miners gamers and GPGPU users because it's got good compute performance as well.

Part of the delay was to build up stock, even charlie confirmed this.

It's a hard launch, Vega is pretty shit for gaming but it still sold out, pretty interesting.

why so ugly

The problem is that whilst it's going to make AMD plenty of money short term, it pretty much eliminates them from the gaming market for the forseeable future. Nvidia are going to be utterly dominant on the desktop, to a degree even greater than they already are. AMD better pray that the mining fad doesn't die out any time soon, because it seems to be the entire basis of their business model going forwards.

This is the new normal. Expect all new GPUs to go out of stock on launch day for the forseeable future.

The 1080 and 1080 Ti are still available at below MSRP prices because nobody wants them for mining. As long as Nvidia keep using GDDR5X, their cards should be safe.

you dont know how business works

>Out of stock
Those prices are literally going to go up by 50% the moment they actually become available.

Wow, this is the worst possible situation for AMD, I have no idea how they will recover from this.

>Thinking mining has any reflection on the market share.
>Not understanding that all those GPUs will break down after few months of 24/7 mining usage.
>Not understand that impatient customers will simply jump Nvidia and that once the mining craze fades away AMD will be stuck with their dick in their hands and a 15% market share.

techpowerup.com/235740/amd-says-vega-delays-necessary-to-increase-stock-for-gamers

>mining craze fades away
hahaha marketwatch.com/story/nvidia-more-bullish-on-cryptocurrency-than-amd-2017-08-10

A-Any day now! I d-don't regret not getting in on it a-at all!!!

>Being that much of a brainlet
Give it few years until cryptocurrency becomes officially banned in 1st world countries with the official reason being "used as a currency used in exchange for illegal activities".

Just Waitâ„¢

>cryptocurrency becomes officially banned
Get a load of this goy.

Several large companies have bought into Butt coins. The rich folks that tell the government what to do won't let them make it illegal until it's worthless

>sold out on release day
>bankrupt
K. AMD just got an assload of reorders

Explain yourself

>implying brand loyalty is actually a thing
If they sell out to miners now, who gives a shit. They can start sweating when their cards don't sell when the craze dies again.

Remember how ryzen 7 flopped because stock vanished within minutes of release and shit was impossible to buy (especially motherboards) for over a month after release? Fun times.

Miners buying up all and stock is not good for AMD. The cards will either breakdown in 6mos to a year (and get RMAd, adding additional strain on supply) or they will flood the second hand market when the next card comes out.

>cards break in a few months
>vega stock back in
>miners buy more vega because noVideo sucks for mining
>more AMD profit

Clearly you guys didn't get the memo - anytime AMD makes money its a bad thing because dsfgvcdftnertdytjnhetydvbrjetdyntrf.

I am concerned, really concerned for AMD, this can't be in anyway good for them, this is bad so to speak since it's not good at all.

t. Toshiya Hari

Fuck off. Where can I find a 1080ti below msrp?

You can find tham AT their MSRP everywhere. I'm sure there are deals that drop them below every now and then. His point was that they're not massively inflated like all the other cards, because miners don't want them.

There were a few 10% off on amazon last week. Almost picked one up but wanted to wait for vega reviews. Kinda regretting not doing so.

>His point was that they're not massively inflated like all the other cards

They are, but unlike other gpus where its a mining demand raising prices for 1080ti's is straight up traditional jewry.

They will be used for mining, not gaming.

so SAD!

It's pretty reasonably priced for the performance it offers really. The 1080's launch price was the real kikery (and the 1070's to some degree).

Don't forget the people who are buying to flip since they'll sell easypeasy to miners.

racist much?

I want AMD to go bankrupt so much but there is no stopping them, I hate them ao much