Subhuman miners

Can you mining twats stop fucking driving up the price of GPUs and waste your money on some other worthless investment? Or at least buy old GPUs that nobody wants?

lmao cucked

>stop buying gpus I need it for MUH GAMES!
Sup Forums gets btfo once again

They already bought all the old GPUs

It's not even profitable to set up a new rig from scratch at this point. Unless ETH moons you will never get ROI, but at that point you are better off just buying ETH.

Looks like they really fell for AMD's 70-100 MH/s rumor lol.

Why the fuck do these basement dwelling minerfags still insist on dumping money in a worthless investment then? It would literally be fucking easier for them to buy a couple blue chip stocks and make 100000x more money than from mining.

The Chinese mining farms outstrip anyone's capabilities most likely. They have thousands of GPU working 24/7 churning out coins like candy.

Average joe can't compete. Same with stocks where you can't compete with computerized trades.

Because, worst case scenario they believe they can just sell off their GPUs at like 80-90% of what they bought them for. Or mine another coin.

>Buy graphics card at msrp
>Mine hundreds of dollars of coins, just barely breaking even on cost of card
>Sell used card for 160% of what I paid for on eBay.

Are you mad you missed out on free money?

>higher demand for GPUs forces companies to innovate
>this is a bad thing

go to >Sup Forums faggot, who cares that shit.

It is even a more useful use of a gpu than playing shit.

>sell used card for 160%

Highly unlikely. The average person needs 1 GPU, miners buy as many as they possibly can. When the sell off begins, the GPU market will crash and they would be lucky to get MSRP. Not to mention it's common knowledge that most used RX 580s, 1070s, etc, are going to be from mining and people won't want to buy them.

More like
>higher demand for GPUs allows companies to charge more money
>companies have no motivation to improve their product
>the people who get screwed are the ones doing actual work with GPUs

holy shit you are fucking stupid

You either go lower end (1050ti) or high end (1080/1080ti) as cards of these types are not popular for mining

>fucking up gpu prices even more then they where already for years to come
>for an unstable virtual currency
>a good thing

At least GPUs have a higher purpose than >MUH GAMES!

>electricity bill is 300% of what the card costed

hmmm

You don't have to fucking compete with them, you can still make money on your end.

>Imaginary money
>purpose

That's debatable. Video games are fun and bring enjoyment to many people. Not to video games are what drive GPU development.

I'd also like to add that although I don't know for sure, I don't think ETH was intended to be mined by rigs with dozens of GPUs. I think it was supposed to be using spare processing power when people weren't gaming/using their computer.

>loose money buying GPU
>electricity bill costed 500% of GPU
>bitcoins total 100% of GPU
>cards are sold at 90% of GPU's cost

net loss

Good thing America is getting data caps so the craze should lower a little here.

I calcumalated that by running my 1070 I can earn 130$ a month

>electric bill for that is $180 a month

k

No it's part of the rent

Free market baby, people can buy shit for whatever they feel like

this

this

I appreciate miners for making gaymers suffer. Gaymers are the cancer of Sup Forums. I've tired of scrolling through the copious amounts of the garbage consumerist threads they're creating here.

Sorry this was with my r9 390 and 1070 combined and I think it was 150$

Free speech baby, I can laugh at basement dwelling neckbeard miners who drive up the prices of GPUs and end up not making any money

Why can't they just increase production of the current cards? Serious question.

Hey miners notice how ya'lls moms bought you less tendies since you started mining? That's cus ya'lls electricity bills spiked due to mining some worthless 0s and 1s.

>rent increases

Holy fuck how retarded are you miners?

t. is clueless about the gpu market right now

It takes seconds to go to eBay and click on "sold listings only" to see how wrong you are

You're the one complaining about GPU prices dude

Well factories take a long time to build so you'd spend your time retooling your factories for your new cards.

No it's fixed and I haven't bothered mining, I just buy coins. My friend has a 12 GPU setuo though and he doesn't pay extra for electricity

>higher demand for GPUs forces companies to innovate
I don't think you understand how supply and demand works.

I thought GPU mining was long dead.

>GPUs are only used for gaming

How retarded are miners?

>Using 150 watts 24/7 for a month costs hundreds of dollars

Truly epic math you got going on

I agree but at the same time I think smartphones threads are somehow worse.

>It is even a more useful use of a gpu than playing shit.
>Computing a hash of a random number over and over is useful work.
Cryptocurrencies are literally based on useless computation and wasting energy.

Look at your fucking bill, you could make more money buying an apple stock than mining

if you're not fucking inbred, you can actually calculate how much power you'll draw, which would be less than $180 for a 1070

Those are people who are buying for the purpose of mining. And who didn't do any research. You can buy a 8gb 580 on newegg for $300 in a ryzen bundle.

Regardless, the real sell off didn't even begin. These are just the guys getting out before the difficulty really ramps up in the coming months.

ETH can't be ASIC mined

Fuck you for wasting my time none of those bundles are near $300 let alone even in stock

A non dividend stock... u wot?

Where's this candyland where electricy is free?
Why not?

Spending $10 on electricity makes me $50, possibly more if the coin appreciates

Spending $10 on stock and waiting 8 years for it for hopefully quadruple and then pay capital gains tax

Very comparable thanks for the input

>muh gaems
miners are providing a valuable service, unlike you fags

lmao nocoiners on suicide watch
maybe if you spent more time researching tech like bitcoin you wouldn't be in this mess
gaming is for children

The proof of work algorithm makes it difficult to design an ASIC for mining

The GPUs that are used for compute and rendering are too expensive for miners you tard.

if mining was that fucking profitable, millions of investors would rush to do it.

Nocoiners are literally this stupid.

lots of apartment complexes are like that, they bundle all the utilities into a fixed price in the rent.

in practice, i'd give it a couple months of mining before the management company starts complaining or reports you for probably running a grow op

They are rushing in to it. The entire crypto market has been in a ridiculous boom since early June. There are still plenty of altcoins being developed that will be profitable to be mined. When one becomes unprofitable, the hype train will move to another one with a similar algorithm. This isn't going to end if/when ETH mining becomes unprofitable.

>sold out in 1 minute

Don't kid yourself, mining is extremely wasteful.

Stop pretending like you are providing a service when in reality all you did was read a guide on setting up a rig so you could tag along on a get rich quick scheme.

>finally have the money to buy an awesome rig
>No GPUs available there isn't even one 1080ti available in my country

fuck me man

Interesting, thanks.

Next driver update will make fans stop working if they detect mining software.

>drivers that spy on you
fuck no

Why do you think mega-mining complexes exist?

Try looking at local ads for a bargain on a decent gpu until prices fall, something like a 700 or 900 series gtx, maybe some older amd gpu.

>>miners are providing a valuable service, unlike you fags
The basis of mining is built on the backs of projects meant for social good. Projects intended to better understand genetics and pick apart and analyze diseases. Projects to search the stars for life. Projects to allow for people to join together to unlock greater potential and understanding.

These never got that popular. Bit mining for money sure did. You failed the last test. You all die in 7 days.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if they at least gave us the option to preorder it.

>Drivers don't spy on you

Rolf...they optimize for what work load they detect. Also nvidia drivers make the card non-functional if they detect it is being used for pass-through to a virtual machine (since they want you to buy a Quadro card for that)

Thanks, although I feel like they will never fall. This latest BTC jump has everyone losing their minds.

>want to upgrade my gpu
>check Amazon
>out of stock
>check Newegg
>out of stock
>check eBay
>$800 please
Miners should be shot.

there are rx 580's in huelandia.
But where they were usually (at 'normal' prices) 4x the price compared to the NA market, they're 8x-10x now.

And at this ROI it really doesn't make economic sense to invest in mining rigs down here, the profitability margins are already spreading thin for NA/yuro gpu pricing and they undoubtedly lose any semblance of profitabilty here... and yet, since our retarded retailers won't let a good crisis go to waste, we hues end up getting flogged even harder.

I'm very certain that when vega finally gets here they'll come at mining adjusted prices; not our usual retailer greed+taxes+exchange rates.Not to mention that we almost never get launch day availability, so we'll not only pay qudruple prices, we'll also have to wait until late september at the very least...

>mining is a better use of electricity than gaming

Video games provide enjoyment to many people. It's no different than any other hobby. Fun is not a human want, it's a need.

I don't dislike miners. I think cryptocurrencies are really interesting and I do own some BTC. I don't really care if I have to spend $50-100 more on a GPU, it is what it is. But don't pretend like you are more entitled to GPUs than gamers are.

What about 3D artists? I'd argue they provide a better service than you currently do. ETH has no current world use, just ICOs and "muh roadmaps".

It's risky, in order to ramp up production you need new factories, if the demand falls companies are left with an oversupply and wasted resources

Jokes on you amd is actively working with claymore, the leading miner software developer to fix mining bugs and glitches.

AMD would have never sold these cards without mining

thanks cryptocurrency, otherwise AMD would be bankrupt

Wealth brings more enjoyment than video games. 3D artists do work out of necessity so they might as well become miners.

So I guess cryptomining is going to join skin gambling and crates as one of the things legitimately killing gaming.

It's not about the simple fun anymore, because being a greedy cunt and catering to greedy cunts just makes so much more money.

Now I want to code a killer AI.

can't a nerd bake a ~2k ETH asic that outperforms gpus for 20x already?

> just want to get a 1060 because my 770 died
> 400bucks
> 1070 is 490bucks
> 1080 is 580bucks

i don't know what to do

Not for etherium. Since it requires huge amount of fast memory, asic should be basically compute part of gpu.

Cry into a pillow while you add the 1050 ti to your Newegg cart.

must wait

desu gaming is killing gaming, we really need another video game crash.

Wealth just gives you the time and ability to enjoy hobbies, such as video games.

I also want to add, by the time ETH actually has a real world use, it will be PoS, which will kill mining. I guarantee none of you with rx 580 rigs will be stakeholders, so there goes your valuable service you are providing.

Just stop pretending you aren't tagging along on a get rich quick scheme, that's all.

Only hope is local market like Craigslist where people are selling graphics cards and they don't know there is a bubble

I don't get people saying that it's a bad proposition for either AMD or Nvidia to invest in specific mining cards, coupled with exclusive/dedicated drivers. This would cater to a market that is willing to pay twice or more over the MSRP for each gpu, and has effectively drained the availabilty practically worldwide. If this doesn't look enticing for a manufacturer's perspective I don't know what else on earth could get them going.

So we'll have to wait until ETH reaches 20k usd on a diffilculty comparable to breaking the toughest encryptions that demand quantum cpus for those guys to finally leave the end consumer gpu market? (when they'll actually invest in custom dyi gpus comparable to nvidia and amd, patents be damned)

ETH's mining days are limited and no other coin has the potential that ETH has. It's a huge risk.

Nice eth shill. Eth is shit and the dapps people make end up being hot beds for hackers to steal people's eth.

What other coin has people losing eth in major hacks every week?

to invest in new fabs? definentely, not worth it for the short duration/bubble like circumstances.
but coming to the market with mining edition cards? Even if on a completly gimmicky marketing level, all they have to do is to time it well. And take the fight to a driver competition rather than a hardware one, between the 2 rivaling gpu vendors. Or at least have the hardware better tuned for perf/watts to a point where the end consumer start to appear silly for miners.

We really need to separate those markets, it's the second mining related market breaking event we have and it'll probably not be the last one.

or wait until it makes sense for them to after quadros and firepros.

But this would only get the big guys out. There would still be the micro/mid miners that won't ever be able to afford that kind of investment and would continue gorge themselves on the bottom feeding with consumer grade graphics.

There's no way out guise.

Actually... it's NOT the miners who are to blame here. It's the international bankers and hedge-funds and a few retail investors who are to blame for this craze. Remember that the Bilderberg Group through Routers, which they own, have admitted that yes they really are international bankers, they do run the central banks and they view you as the property of a global super-state.

If miners looked at new GPUs and went "I'll never get a return on this investment and pay more in power than I get for the coins I mine with these ETH and ZEC market prices" then there would be no GPU shortage.

It's the market that decides if miners will buy GPUs or not. Don't blame miners, if those who are making a profit didn't do it then someone else would.

>really fell for AMD's 70-100 MH/s rumor
Who knows how many MH/s some of them are getting. Keep in mind that there's a lot of different mining software If you just search for "mining etherium" and download something that pop's up then you'll probably get half or less of what those with proprietary custom software get.

Will the madness stop once ethereum switches to proof of stake?

t. mad gaymer nocoiner

>spending energy to pull fake money out of thin air is useful

lol

>muh bilderberg
stopped reading there

>Don't blame miners, if those who are making a profit didn't do it then someone else would.
Wut? What defines someone as a miner is someone who computes for cryptocurrency.

If someone else was a miner, then they'd be the miner buying up the GPUs and I'd blame miners.

"Don't blame murderers, since if they didn't murder then it'd be someone else doing the homocide"