He's fired, right?

He's fired, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/amd-stock-price-cryptocurrency-mining-wont-be-a-long-term-growth-driver-2017-7-1002206475
marketwatch.com/story/nvidia-more-bullish-on-cryptocurrency-than-amd-2017-08-10
techpowerup.com/235740/amd-says-vega-delays-necessary-to-increase-stock-for-gamers
tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-16gb,review-33968-6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's dead after navi, no more excuses to hide behind/

That is if they make it though to navi.

Who is this charismatic poo?

While SSG exists? I kinda doubt it.
though if Navi will be as much of a disappointment on a consumer level he might be

of course

Nah. 90% of you ironic fuckers know shit.

Lmao

along with Lisa when she's forced to explain why RTG is a money sink

>Polaris still hard to find anywhere
>Vega sold out on launch day
>Radeon Instinct MI25's going into Project 47
>Radeon Pro SSG has amazing potential
>Vega compute performance is fantastic

Money sink? Are you for real right now?

>Polaris still hard to find anywhere
>Vega sold out on launch day
>falling for the classic nintendo jew trick of limiting supply to push the "we're super popular" narrative

>mining craze dies out
>ayyymd wakes up at 1% marketshare

>people stop using your product
>the money they gave you disappears
???

lol.

markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/amd-stock-price-cryptocurrency-mining-wont-be-a-long-term-growth-driver-2017-7-1002206475

marketwatch.com/story/nvidia-more-bullish-on-cryptocurrency-than-amd-2017-08-10

>classic nintendo jew trick
You want to go back to Sup Forums now, retard?

Sup Forums kids seriously believe they are the biggest and most profitable market for high end hardware, lmao, they don't even know they basically buy the leftover trash from the pro/server market

OY VEY

Is that the bumbling pajeet who completed destroyed the flow and pacing of the siggraph talk?

>i-it's a fad ..
>gonna die out a-any day now ..

When are they gonna sell RTG to Samsung?

Absolutely not a paper launch. They're not nvidia.

>They're not nvidia.
Yes, they're incompetent chinks and poos.

techpowerup.com/235740/amd-says-vega-delays-necessary-to-increase-stock-for-gamers

>amd says

>cynical anonymous shitter on tibetan basketweaving enthusiast forum says

>made a perfect mining card
>selling out
>fired

But..but it's called a graphics card!! AMD is so stupid!!

Buy Nvidia if you wanna game. AMD knows their market.

Overclockers UK, one of the larger UK parts retailers, had around a thousand units on launch day (and sold them all). It's not the case that stores only had 50 or so.

Except it turned out to be terrible for mining

>amdrone has the mentality of nintendo manchild
color me surprised

>>>>>>>And kill yourself on the way out.

>1000 units
>for a 65M country
doesn't sound very impressive desu

That's one store.

Nah, they made the best Quadro killer since forever.

>overheating piece of shit
>no drivers
>changing your whole workload for some pajeet abortion
nice quadro killer you got there

Find me a Quadro than can compete against SSG.

This cannot be true surely.

t.leatherjacketman

You must be joking?

They have been selling all the gpu they can pump out. They are far from losing money.

To miners.

How does that improve their market share in the consumer/gaming space?

Does it really matter who they're selling stuff to?

The marketshare for gaymen PCs comes via OEM deals with low to mid range cards, half of Sup Forums couldn't find the GPU in their computer if you asked them and the average consumer knows even less about what he's buying.

Some people assume that Gaymers are the main revenue source when AI and Server farms that will buy Pro SSG byt the hundreds will rake in the money

That's the Metal Gear Solid guy.

Not once AMD's stock flies off the shelves. Those Etherium miners will be all over Vega.

Where've you been? They sold out 10 minutes after launch.

It does if they are trying to sell consumer oriented cards with 500w power consumption, disabled features in the drivers and bios, and 1 year late to actual competition.

They want to be on the forefront of gaming? How do they do that with a dwindling market share? When there's no reason what so ever to optimize for their expensive, hot, hardware?

That doesn't matter at all. They have no marketshare, they have no relevancy. All Vega has done is fulfill a niche in media creation. In literally every other area it is insufficient competition, one year later I want to add, to anything Nvidia offers, especially considering we are now around 6 months away from Volta gaming cards.

They didn't teach you this in business school, user? :^)

Not a chance. It's not his fault that the RTG driver team is like three fucking dudes and RX Vega hard launched with the drivers barely half finished. FFS primitive shaders aren't even fucking in the launch drivers. Overclocking was almost totally broken on launch drivers. They still haven't fixed the raw memory bandwidth regression.

Besides, worst case scenario RTG can just rush the four HBM2 stack version that will piggyback off of Vega 20s development. It'll have enough bandwidth for sure not to bottleneck Vega. See pic related for an idea of Vega's geometry performance when it isn't bottlenecked.

It's never his fault...

Amazing. The head of RTG always ready to throw someone else under the bus for his failed architecture.

The uarch is stellar.

Raja doesn't set RTGs budget, so no, the lack of enough driver devs isn't his fault.

>gaming
lmao

If he fucks up Navi, he will be.

According to who? For what purpose is it "stellar" at?

No, he's just in charge of desigining the architecture on limited resources, that are too complex for his sweat shop code monkeys to hammer out reliable code for, if only they would stop sleeping and eating, and subsist themselves on the cake he bought them one year ago, they could be competent. Or he could be actually good at his job and stop acting like AMD has Apples resources?

Yes, a 30 Billion dollar a year market. What's so funny again?

You should start by reading Vega's whitepapers.

You should answer the question, instead of tucking tail like a kicked dog.

>spoonfeed me pls I hate reading
Okay.

AMD's main focus is trying to gain a 10% market on datacenters, gaming is just their secondary priority. Dont think AMD has much on the gaming market since NVIDIA has been dominating for a while.

It's the GPU equivalent of bulldozer, a uniquely niche use case piece of kit, that runs hot, and slow in everything but it's niche.

Only it's worse, because it came out a year late, with a six month lead time in to Volta.

>How does that improve their market share in the consumer/gaming space?

PS4 / Pro
Xbox / One X

>slow in everything but it's niche
Gayming is everything?
Come on that's not how you fish for (You)s properly.

Fantastic, so OpenGPU, HIPS compiler, and ROCm, will bear fruit any day now? Millions invested and given away for free to Khronos group for Vulkan and Microsoft for Direct X 12, obviously AMD doesn't care about gaming, obviously.

Neat, razor thin margins for powerful APU's... can you do better?

Finally, so they're trying to make a half assed ASIC, not a graphics renderer. And that's a "stellar" architecture?

We won't even go in to the power use just yet to make this shitty ASIC masquerading as a Graphics Processing Unit function.

You just described V100.
:^)

Except their TENSOR cores are actually serving a purpose on the die.

Vega just sucks at nearly everything except for the niche use cases.

>nearly everything
So, gayms?
Stop implying GPUs have something but niche usecases.

I didn't say AMD doesn't care about gaming, which why I said it's their "secondary priority." I'm aware that Vulkan will help support their revenue growth.

>GPGPU is all just a pipe dream, and not part of the goal of infinity fabric on Vega
Stop implying that GPU's don't have to be good at rendering graphics.
I'm still waiting to hear about how "stellar" the Vega architecture is by the way.

Of course it's a secondary priority. And Vulkan won't support their growth, not by a long shot, you know why? Because their graphics cards suck.

What if cryptocurrency is actually a thing nobody actually understands and is in reality a comprehensive neural network for a digital consciousness that will annihilate the human race?

>No, he's just in charge of desigining the architecture on limited resources
Except he's not. And Keller didn't design K12 or Zen, he oversaw the teams that did. RTG has at least two teams but most likely 3 or 4. Lisa described the GPU design teams as leap frogging each other and with a cycle of 3-4 years minimum that means there are likely 3 or 4 teams actively working on new uarchs at any given time and Raja is their manager.

>stop acting like AMD has Apples resources?
???
It's clear RTG put the most effort into their "Pro" drivers.

tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-16gb,review-33968-6.html

In actual use cases Vega FE is still a match for Quadro P6000 in productivity at a fraction of the price, and the Titan XP's "almost P6000" is no longer good enough, it only looks good in the specview benches, which as noted in the review are old and unrealistic workloads. Focusing on a few areas where they have a better chance is exactly what a company with fewer resources should do. Likewise for Radeon Pro SSG, a specialized product that seeks to win a specific market. Nvidia is best at being a generalist that wins at almost every market so it's better for AMD to ditch the gaming market, which has historically turned away from them even when they had superior products, and focus on markets that are less biased and more worried about the bottom line

And Vega is good at rendering graphics.

imagine how bummed he is right now. imagine after living a god life for a while having to go back to shitting on the beach and using salty ocean water to wash your butthole.

sad!

Keller did design K12 tho.

1 - The margins aren't exactly razor thin, at least not for the hardware market.

2 - Thin margins are workable when you sell 10s of millions of units.

Yeah Vega sold out 10 min after launch, he's totally done for. RIP.

AMD graphics division makes money, but not from the gaymer crowd. Obviously Sup Forumsermin don't understand that graphics cards can be used for more than bideogaymes.

Oh look another shill thread from the kikes at Intel.

Thanks to this shilling I will never ever buy another Intel product.

>miners arealdy ravaging stocks of every single model
>soon a new miner that will make vega hash at 100MH/s using 100w

AMD will be a success.

Honestly they could have not picked a better time release vega, the current ethereum mining craze and the place vega has in the middle of it all will guarantee that it was worth the investment.

They make such a lovely couple.

Source on this fantasy?

ATi was the king of paper launch to red rooster money.

Vega is a great pro card and that's what AMD cares about. They did the same with Ryzen except thankfully Ryzen happened to be pretty good for consumers as well as pro users. Vega56 isn't bad but AMD really needs to hit the ground running and get their drivers into shape. Hopefully in another year or so RTG will be back and firing on all cylinders but until then I'll be enjoying my 1080ti.

>slower than P100
>twice the power

>red rooster
this bring me back

Then why sell a gamer card? Vega is the GPU equivalent of Bulldozer.

Niche use case, high power consumption and totally outclassed in nearly everything else by the competitor.

The power consumption is less than the cards it's competing with. total SYSTEM power is not the same as TDP

I remember when matrox had the hot shit gaming card. This is starting to remind me of what happened to matrox.

More excuses for Raja's ineptitude... I'm shocked.

The card is a powerhog when overclocked. It consumes 350W at stock clocks.

I agree, must feel like a kid with everyone shitting on his science project.
just a participation ribbon at this point.

Shhh...! Lets the kids play. The adults will have a serious conversation once they children tire out and head off to bed.

Real mature

Gaming is majority of nvidia's revenue every quarter

Gaming was never really that profitable for AMD though.
At least now they have a fucking niche.

Nvidia in 5 years will makes billions sell laptop gpu.

In five years iGPU will be powerful enough for every laptop need.
And since nvidia can't into CPUs (like at all, their biggest achievement - housefire-producing in-order core)...
...well you know.