/hpg/-non shitheiser edition

This is a thread for headphones and audio technology. Here are some basic rules
>Make suggestions within the posters budget, form factor, and intended use
>Please no loli waifus, regular waifus okay

That's it. Also some fundamental truths about audio
>THD is bad, no exceptions, no one cares about the two studies that say otherwise
>Hd600s have weak bass and no treble, and lumpy mids
>Loudness curves are a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

glomf

y tho

Why not? :^)

How to improve /hpg/ in just a few clicks:

1. Click on the [Settings] link at the top or bottom of the page
2. Click on Filters & Post Hiding
3. Click the [Edit] link next to Filter and highlight specific threads/posts
4. Paste !WKOEehnYmc in to the box underneath pattern and tick the Hide box
5. Click Save, and then Save Settings

You now have a cancer free /hpg/ experience.

yo, I'm looking for neutral sounding ("boring")headphones with little to no distortion below 200€

You forgot !HD600.TKq6

Now stop being so bias, and enjoy the two /hpg/ threads

You forgot to post your lewd loli.

Hands off. Only for friends

He's not me. Did you mean this one?

>how can people possibly enjoy a headphone/sound signature I don't enjoy!

Sennshill is a lot worse to be honest. At least the other tripfag gives pretty good purchase advice.

Sennshill literally thinks the LCD-1s are bright.

Best CIEMs under $400?

t. dipolar & his IRC cronies

>t. Sennshill supporter
Both tripfags are bad, now stop being to paranoid

Dude I'm a one man act and whoever decides to join in is on their own free time and will. There's no conspiracy theory here, people just fucking hate the sennheiser circlejerk and people recommending $300 dynamic driver meme cans with lots of sonic issues to every single person they can.

I believe AAW offers a hybrid ciem for under $400 but I'm not entirely sure

Sorry for not getting to your question earlier but I don't know much about ciem stuff.

>lots of sonic issues
show us on the doll where sennheiser touched you

Here's one

Again, why CIEM?

>Inb4 more THD is better

Not an issue, can you name one trusted review site that has documented sonic issues with the HD600?

Here's another

>Huge amounts of distortion isn't an issue

Water isn't wet either right?

Excuse me

Watch out, you're dealing with a real tough guy. If you're not careful he might say you have a small peepee.

Can't you guys wait until page 10 to make a fucking thread instead of shitting up the board with your autistic circlejerks?

Is this going to be another back-and-forth fighting between you two the entire thread?

Yet not one reviewer has noted hearing distortion. Your graph showing a peak 8% thd in the sub bass region does not prove that the HD600 has "lots of sonic issues"

Nah, I'm just dropping in for a bit. I've got anime to watch.

>Wait until page 10 to make a fucking thread
That isn't how /hpg/ works, user

I want to be on IRC, where do I go?

I try regular iems and they just fall out. They never seal properly so I'm guessing that I'd need something molded to the shape of my ear.

A family friend is an audiologist so I can have impressions done for free. I just don't know where to start.

Thank you I'll look on their website.

I'll let you in on a secret. Both me and dipolar are in the same IRC.

THD measurements are not a reliable indicator of audibility:
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
> In our next paper we will show that .01% THD of one type of nonlinear system can be perceived as unacceptable while 10% THD in another example is perceived as inaudible. Even one of these simple examples is sufficient to invalidate THD as a viable metric for discussion of the perception of distortion. Furthermore, 1% THD is not at all the same as 1% IM, but we will show that neither correlates with subjective perception.
>These results supported the skepticism that THD and IMD metrics were poor predictor of subjective perception of sound quality ratings.
Furthermore:
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
>Research has suggested that non-linear properties of headphone responses have little effect
Furthermore:
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
From this presentation given at the AES 129th convention:
>Conventional distortion measurements such as THD do not show reliable correlation to the ear’s perception

neat

Kek. I knew it
Have you bought your HD 600s yet, fellow user?

>An user has this small paragraph of misinformation copied in a word processor
>He posts this every time to somehow convince people distortion in audio is irrelevant
>2 cherrypicked meme studies that have led to absolutely nothing and have not changed the way we measure distortion with audio equipment
>Something that pretty much every audio professional says is audible past a certain point
>Something that every audio equipment manufacturer uses as a specification for their equipment.

>Implying you don't post this every thread
>Implying it means anything
>Implying you don't start attacking people who prove you wrong and show that these studies mean absolutely nothing
>Implying distortion isn't audible

wat headphones

wat budget

REALLY!?! BANNING HD600'S?!? OP is GAAYY!! I've been an Audiofool for 40 years now, and spent LOTS of $$$ experimenting. My go-to headphones were always BD 770s, 80 ohm, till I found the HD600s. Spent THOU$AND$ trying every suggestion from Sony, AKG, Beyer, Audio Technia, Koss, Oppo and Kilipsh, and the HD600s win hands down, especially driven balanced with Hi-Res. The best portables are Audio Technia ATH-50s - you'll hear shit in your music you didn't know was there! A reminder: opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one and they usually stink.

What am I reading.

>AKGs that high up
when was this chart even made

AKG died this year.

What's wrong with AKG?

Their headphones are now made in China. Build quality dipped down a bit

convince me not to buy hd600s

>everything china makes is worse

Multiple types of IEMs earpieces, and hundreds of different ear sleeves. I find that extraordinarily difficult to believe you cannot find one that works.
If you intend to go custom be aware that resale is very difficult and that a return won't be possible in almost all circumstances.

I think Lear Audio has some variety of models in this bracket. Some of which were okay.
CustomArt has the Music One and Music Two.
May as well put Hidition's NT1 while we're at it, has a a lot of general similarities to the single wideband armatures you might find in the lower price range of custom molds.

Not even a partial list of the manufacturers, there are way too many groups trying to muscle in on the IEM space. If you wanted a personal opinion, most of them suck.

Have you tried their older Austrian made headphones?

Fuck off

>everything germany makes is better

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

have you at least tried them, user-kun??

Kill yourself you poorfag

>headphone shilling thread

it's not just the shift to production to China, and whatever other cost cutting choices they'd make with that.

they shut down their HQ in Austria this year, from what I remember, they're weren't keeping their R&D team around anymore either

Dear god why. Rip akg.

>how can people not like my favorite headphones
it works both ways but both ways are retarded anyways people should just like what they like

convince me to fuck off

Only playing; /hpg/ is for everyone ;)

anyone ever build their own headphones?

Yup. Strapped two speakers to my ears and called it a day

What would happen if I plug my earbuds into an amp

they would play sounds

I live in a crazy loud environment, to sit by my open window (summer) on the computer all day literally gives me hearing damage.

I had some custom ear plugs made for going to concerts, they're supposed to take like 15dB off without attenuating the frequencies.

I've begun wearing them all day under my over-ear headphones and my ears feel better when going to sleep now.

I didn't know where else to post this.

I've done that on plane trips, probably annoyed everyone around me but who cares?

IEMs under industrial ear muffs works well too

My headset fell because I'm clumsy and now it's fractured, pic related.
Is this an easy fix with superglue or am I boned? Figured if anyone knows its hpg

Hey pleb. What is the best sub 400 open cans in your opinion?