Who here still comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ-vs-AMD-FX-8350/m223877vs1489
youtube.com/watch?v=m_xB00PSfYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>who here buyers remorse
ftfy

ryzen next week, sleep tight fx.

I bought an fx 8300 for $90 a few years ago. It's shit, but I wouldn't say that I have buyers remorse over it.

This, if you bought an FX-8350 rig in 2012, you stayed current for 5 years.

FX 8350 @4.3ghz here light gayning and quite a lot of VM work.

I have the fucker downvolted to 1.3v and its quite cool. Was planning on go Ryzen 7 but i think i will wait for an APU laptop and next year upgrade to Ryzen 2

390x max comfy here.

Poor i5 4690 long in the tooth wish ryzen ram wasn't so expensive 300+ for 32gb 3200 here

I built my first computer with 6350 and the stock fan, add that in with a blow style gpu and the thing sounded like a jet engine on takeoff.

I loved it though.

Fx 4100 overclocked to 4.6ghz here
Still alright can play most current titles but I know it's bottlenecking the fuck out of my gtx 970 lol

Shit, I hope my FX8350 at 4.2 won't bottleneck, kinda want a GTX 970.

8370e which I got for $115 including the motherboard (Micro Center) and its been pretty good. I don't really play video games anymore but CSGO ran at 170-300 fps when I played it.

I mostly program, do virtual machine stuff, browse the web, or watch movies. Pretty boring maybe but video games are a waste of time and potential.

An impressive fact: my CPU is currently 68F (20C) while turbo boosted to 3.6ghz. Ambient temperature is 80F (27C). This is on air.

This. [email protected] since 2013. Still does everything I need (at the same time).

My brother is replacing his FX-8350 with a TR 1950X. Gonna use that to replace the FX-6100 in my NAS.

I've done several builds with the 8320s and 8350s and they're not horrible.. what you guys don't realize is they're fantastic for people who want either their first gaming computer, or someone who has little money but wants to have something... They're decent performance for how little they cost, and can still handle the majority of games on the market while not breaking the bank.

Seems like only the 1337 autists actually get butthurt by these cpus...

>Be on budget
>Primarily edit on sony vegas and transcode it to X264
>Games that I play are old and not bottlenecked anyway
I love the thing.

Bought my FX 6300 in 2013, It was shit at beggining and was this close to sell it and get a i3, but then games used moar cores and updates fixed everything.

depending of money, i might buy a rx570 and keep the cpu another year or buy a new computer.

Performance its not an issue because i mostly play AoE2 and Assetto Corsa.

Holy fuck, get a FX 8xxx series, that FX is the worst of the worst.

these days are good for upgrading since most people are dumping their FX's rigs

>tfw
I have a 7850 laying around too, was think of this for a build
pcpartpicker.com/list/KwNx3F

im out of the loop. what made the fx-chips bad?

Temperatures.

High power, and tons of shitty cores, basically AMD was only giving people the option of threadripper for about 6 years.

Bought an 8320 in July 2012, still rocks hard on For Honor max settings 1080p and Cs:go @ 144hz. I really did win the silicon lottery, this chip is insanely good, bought it for 119€

shut the fuck up

AMD fx 8150 reporting in
liquid cooler makes it run nice n smooth

>Higher temps but lower thermal limit
>AMD bet on moar cores but shit single core perf wich doomed them to 5 years of losses
>High power consumption, like 2x of intel's

t. Butthurt intel user mad about his obsolete 1 year old socket

Bought 8350 back in 2013
Still does and plays everything I throw at it, no reason to switch so far

Forget to add, saw 2 motherboards and 2 video cards, because i broke them.

almost 5 years now
pretty comfy des
just waiting for Zen2

but it got better over time right?

no

one of my poorfag friends is in need of "new" shit, he mostly games and currently has an AM3+ motherboard. Would it be better to get an FX 8350 or to pony a little extra and get an r3 1200 + new cheap mb. Either is a massive improvement to what he has. He's using a GTX 580 and 8 gigs of ram with it.

>tfw waiting for Zen2

you get them a used 1155 board and a 2nd or 3rd gen cpu. You can do a xeon 1230< 8 thread and a locked board for $100

If you use multicore applications.

why not just spend 350 dollars and get a 1600 system? are you THAT much of a poorfag?

Nothing comfy about FX. Always was a bad idea to buy.

Good thing Ryzen was a winner.

>Low end cpu
>Not even on the enthusiast chipset
I'll wait till zen cheapens, thanks. FX was the same way when it was new and hyped, new it's the best budget rig.

I'm not sure if I wish that I switched to amd earlier. But I'm quite pleased with my purchase of a ryzen 1700.

FX 8350

I don't like it. my Phenom II 965 generally ran much better. seriously considering swapping it back.

>Calculate the how fast the 8350 passmark score would be with 15% less clock speed at 3.4
>Half that score because quad
>tfw ipc is worse than a 2009 CPU

FX-8350
FX-8800P (doesn't count)

I also own a 1700

Is that krabby patty gonna be extra thicc?

fucking thicc raw patty

buy a ryzen chip

PSU / mobo unexpectedly fried before i had enough $ saved for a good ryzen build. had to settle on old AM3+ since its going for dirt cheap

sucks to be poor

I bought a used [email protected] for 75 euro much better than my previously @6 core phenom 960T. Will upgrade to Thunderbird later on. I do mostly 4k video editing and compositing, I get buy considering, I have spent about 300 euros for MB and CPU the past 5-6 years

FX8150 master race
I have successfully hooked up my room radiator to my CPU
Never again do I have to pay for heating costs

>currently stuck on Kaby Lake laptop (was only CPU choice for a gaming laptop at that price)
>gathering parts for desktop in meantime
>considering Ryzen or FX because fuck Intel. I don't want to give them money if I don't have to.
>compare FX 8350 to the i5 in my laptop
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ-vs-AMD-FX-8350/m223877vs1489
So... I think I should go with Ryzen. The 8 core 8350 is tempting, But I'd probably do better with an R5 1600 at this point. Would love an R7 1700, but it's outside my price range for the CPU budget. I don't need 8 cores though so the 1600 should do fine and will last me until I can pick up a 1700 used.
Too bad about the GPU/RAM/SSD market though.

FX-6300 that I bought in 2013 with a motherboard for a little over 130€.
Still running at 5GHz, better single core performance then a FX-8300 to be honest.

I haven't had anything yet that I would have felt got bottlenecked by it.
Can't feel the need to upgrade for a while.

High power and sub par performance.

They were never bad, they just took lots of juice, some plebs are afraid of hot things.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_xB00PSfYM

Still rolling AM2 here :3c

If you really need a video like that to "red pill" yourself, you're a fucking idiot and probably young, as in "in 2012 I still used to paint stick figures" young.

Either it's literally a successful anti-AMD "meme" or young people who came here and saw shitposting think it's real.
Nobody in their right mind thinks this was a bad time or chip for AMD.

FX 8320 here. Glad to not be part of the botnet unlike zen users

Actually, I'm JUST getting into computers and learning about them. With so much attention on Ryzen lately, The FX chips have been mentioned time and time again in a negative light in comparison. Rather than believe the anti-bulldozer hype, I decided to look into it.

Fx-8350 @ 4.0Ghz here paired with gtx 1070
Framedrops are unreal and i can't overclock it because of mobo
Just Wait™ ing on ryzen 2 or something else in the future to upgrade

My 4.6 GHz 8320e is chugging along fine, especially since FireFox went multi-process.

Probably won't upgrade until Zen 2.

I hope you overclocked it past 4.3 GHz.

All these chips need to be over 4 GHz to have respectable performance.

Bad cache design. The long pipeline caused a huge stall penalty.

Plus 0 software devs even bothered to optimize for it. Windows, games, etc. read it as a 4 Core, 8 Thread CPU.

Plus AMD never shrank it down. It's still on 32 nm node.

>Actually, I'm JUST getting into computers and learning about them.
This is a 18+ board

>people can't want to learn about new topics at different points in their lives
I'm 27

>comfy
More like warmy.

FX 8350 at stock.

Gaming is slightly suck but its probably GPU. Everything else is C O M F Y.

Here we see amdrones on their real form: poor people using fx, saving pennies to buy a ryzen, insulting Intel every turn because of envy of note costly but superior products

8320e yes the shitty e version.

With an rd 470 and no overclocking it plays the following at 1080p on high settings.

Alien isolation.
Resident evil 7.
Hit man.
Deus ex mankind divided.
Tera mmo.
Metro 2033/last light redux.
Some various other stuff...

I'm seriously wondering why I should give 2 shits about upgrading. Nothing I can't do that I care about so my shit fx cpu seems fine to me.

If I need more power ill buy a new motherboard and over clock the damn thing.

Fx is fine. Combine with a 27 inch freesync monitor and I want for nothing.

The fx 8350 I have is fantastic
Slapped a water cooler on it and bam
Performance way better than my last a10 apu
Once its watercooled it's a good CPU, I dont need a ryzen since I dont do anything that justifies an upgrade

>still comfy
They weren't even good 3+ years ago....

>8.1
>not botnet
pick one

The FX-8350 and Asus M5A99FX Pro from my previous desktop build are now in my headless file/plex/etc server where they'll probably stay for years barring some insane advance in technology.

Hated the 8350 in the desktop, it was stutter city in demanding games like GTA V. It's right at home in a server, though, with those threads.

Comfy nothing. I had an FX-6300 at 5.0ghz that was still stomped in games by a stock i5. I got my hands on an FX-9370 for pennies, clocked it to 5.4ghz under water, and once again, still shit on by Intel.

It's only plus side was stellar multi-thread performance. Encoding and data crunching was second to none for it's price. But other than that, the chip was an inefficient furnace. I have a 1700X now. Cooler, quieter, way more efficient in single core, and double and a half as fast in multi core. Literally the only reason to NOT have Ryzen now is lack of funds.

That changed with the release of the Vulkan API and DirectX 12, which can now take advantage of all 8 cores.

I was given a 9590 from a friend who just buys random shit not looking into if he can use it. put it in fx990 asus board and underclocked it to 4.0ghz @ 1.26v and its fine.
does everything ive ever asked of it.
at stock clocks it will run you out of the room its in and at turbo clocked 5.0ghz you run the risk of creating an artificial sun.
i still like it tho

I wish I had bought one, I'm still on my Phenom II x4 970..

>mfw still Phenom II X4 965

my friend is a big drug addict and every year at tax time he buys a 2k pc and we put it together but by june hes ready to sell it for dope.
he sells it and without pc so i took old board and phenom II x4 and set him up with 8gb ram the whole thing for free.
thats a good processor. he can actually play pubg on lowest with me.

I hope you overclocked it.

Mine is at 4.6 GHz.

Could go higher, but I'm near the limit.

8320 user here, rpcs3 is finally making me feel the pinch.

>still comfy
It never was comfy to begin with.

See the thing is that doesn't matter
Because it's fucking garbage at everything even with its 8 cores

Or you could have got a 2500/2600k in 2011 and had decent performance

Ok guys, I'm planning on getting a new notebook, and I see lots of decent core i5-5200 setups, but I stumbled upon a pc with similar specs but an FX-7500 that is about $200 cheaper than the intel machines. Question is: should I? High watts are no concern of mine.

fx6350 here, its fucking shit

So in 5 years we're going to have this same thread with the 1600 and 1700, right?

6350 @ 4.5Ghz here
Bretty comfy

I'm glad that it's still fast enough for daily make.

I bought an FX-8350 in 2012, I actually RMA'd it after about a week because it was so disappointing. It had worse single thread performance than my old Core2Duo in some tasks, and most of the stuff I do is single threaded so having 8 cores wasn't much of a benefit for me at the time.

I'm going to build a new Ryzen system pretty soon now

WANKER! Just use english

ooooooh, i know japanese... look at all my japanese local/language settings... fucking tosser

>I'm going to build a new Ryzen system pretty soon now
But i9 has better single core performance then ryzen even ripper

Can say that about the Pentiums and i3 too.

my fx6300 still gets used nearly every day. faster than your average prebuilt even by todays standards, plays rocket league just fine and thats all I ask of it anymore since I upgraded to ryzen 5 1600

Same, r5 1600 finally arrived. Bye bye fx4350

I replaced my 8370 with a 1700X and the former is now sitting in my HTPC.

it's downclocked to 3.4GHz and I'm pretty happy with it. cooler never flares up. overkill for anything I require it to do.

in fact that entire machine is extremely overkill for what it does but hey, better than pawning it off on craigslist for pennies I guess.

I will...eventually.

When I built my first pc, I bought a fx 6300 (because I did not know any better), it was a piece of shit for gaming and the stock fan screamed like a banshee during the summer but it was solid for casual use. now I rock an i5 7500 and I don't regret it.

Actually it isn't. Once those API's came out, the 8350 started outperforming sandy bridge and ivy bridge in gaming.

FX-6300 @ 3.8Ghz.
Can go higher but got a shitty Asus mobo without proper heatsinks.

I have a nuclear powered CPU called the 9370. Only a Nh14 can cool this piece of shit. Shit IPC and is a fucking hell in summer because I don't usually need it where I live.
Biggest regret I ever had.

Finally got a psu to get the old beast running.