No Vega hype on front page?

Where are the AMD shills on this abortion of a gpu?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core#!/ccomment
pcgamer.com/nvidias-next-gen-volta-gaming-gpus-arent-arriving-anytime-soon/
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-16gb,5128-6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

390x shill here we disgusting discussed it yesterday all night as well it's horrible.

A undsevolted ocd 64 might be ok tho but mainly the thermals and drivers are not good and a huge turnoff not to mention the $499usd price tag

Vega 56 = Ok
Vega 64 = Meh
Vega Liquid = Garbage

Turns out all the AMD(ATI) shills were just paid NV posters doing false flag operations
the rest of us had discussions on what & where the bottlenecks are and so on

There are 2-3 persistant ones posting the same bullshit in other threads.

>EVERY SHILL WAS JUST AN NVIDIOT IN DISGUISE TRUST MEEE PLLSSSSSS WE ARE JUST TRYING TO HAVE A REASONABLE DISCUSSION BUT THOSE MEANIE WEANIE NVIDIOTS MAKE US SADDDD WAHHHH

>ignoring Vega so they can focus their efforts on shitting on Intel

Shill gonna shill

So is there any reason to buy any of these over a 1070 / 1080?

Vega 54 is the only decent one, 64 if meh and liquid is trash. All of them use way more power than comparable Nvidia cards.

Core features still aren't properly enabled in the driver's. By Q1 2018 there will likely be good drivers that could likely give 10-15% performance gains and maybe reduce power draw. At that point the Vega 54 could be a very nice card, but by then Volta will be right around the corner and better in every way.

Basically Vega 54 makes sense for gaming if you were looking at 1070 levels of so, especially in 1440 and 4k. Vega FE makes sense for workstation and professional applications. Beyond that it's a pretty sad lineup.

you have a freesync monitor and you're willing to wait for """fine wine""" because supposedly there are some features disabled right now like primitive shaders or something that might give you 1 gorillion fps's per second

56 is great tier
64 is actually garbage

Regardless I'm waiting for Volta now my 290x will be my space heater this winter.

>waiting for magic dust drivers
>waiting for volta

Nope, AMD is trying to corner the crypto market.

56 beats the 1070 as long as you arent a cuck with only a 1080p monitor

It sucks at crypto though. Especially when comparing power consumption.

I have a freesync monitor and it seems to be a little bit above the 1070. The power draw difference is a non-issue and I'll age better guaranteed when amd actually learns how to make drivers for it just like they did for the 290. Of course I'm talking about the vega 56. Vega 64 can go fuck itself.

it'll* age better

Even if there was you're going to have to wait until the miners let you. Could be months.

Even the shills are out of stock.

The 56 has somewhat a tiny lead over the 1070 and once overclocked clearly takes the lead over the 1070 and sits it between the 1070 and 1080. The drawback of course is the power draw.

Only if you use Linux.

you can't buy it, nothing to hype about
56 is in september and it's only card you want, but won't be able to buy because even 64 is sold out
I hate this timeline

they're sold out everywhere thanks to cryptoniggers

well, but 56 IS faster than 1070
64 is not exactly stellar but still 1-2% faster

gap will be maybe 5-7% in dx12 games

>drivers still aren't ready
>several reviewers even mentioned this, Guru3D couldn't even get overclocking to work in the Wattman software
>allegedly a few important features are still not enabled
>Vega56 can out perform the GTX 1070, come close to the 1080 in certain titles
>It apparently is still heavily memory bottlenecked as increasing memory clock gives disproportionate performance increases
>Vega56 with a moderate memory bump can outperform the stock 1080
>Vega64 draws too much power to justify its low performance unless drivers can magically make it perform 25% better

Veg56 looks like the winner here, but Vega64 is struggling to find a reason why it even exists at least to the average consumer. Compute performance is strong, gaming performance is not.
Maybe AMD really is losing a substantial amount of performance from drivers, its completely probable. If Vega64 actually could compete with the GTX 1080ti then the Vega56 would be slapping the GTX 1080 around no question. I'd like to believe that will be the case, but I wouldn't take that bet if I were playing with my own money. Maybe wait a few months and see what the situation is like. Until then its best to assume the Vega64 doesn't even exist.

driver updates because of new architecture, HBM longevity (i'm just parroting what level1 said) otherwise just go with whatever is cheaper power saved isn't going to be much of a factor maybe 20-30 bucks over a 5 year period in wattage differences

Only one important feature is not enabled: culling through prim shader.

also pic related
Though both Vega GPUs perform comparatively better as resolutions get higher.

If I had a choice between 1070 and v56 i'd get 56, even now.
But I have a feeling that AiBs will OC only memory, and I wonder how it will play out with TDP. Are there tests of OC only the memory? If
v56 might be very interesting when it comes from partners.

Of course, the higher the res, the easier it is for Vega to saturate the ALUs.

as one user mentioned yesterday
why the fuck is 1080p is even a relevant resolution for $400 GPU?
You wouldn't play it on $100 TN panel with it, you either have 1440 or 4k display at this point.

>If I had a choice between 1070 and v56 i'd get 56, even now.
Why? In DX11 games you'll generally gave a better time with nvidia cards because nvidia tries to fix shitty developer performance with drivers. Amd doesn't do that. That's why amd cards are getting btfo'd in games like pubg.

Isn't Vega horrible for mining due to the increased power draw?

This outlet gamernexus did a fairly extensive review and covered memory clocks as well as undervolting
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core#!/ccomment

Increasing the memory clock alone has a bigger impact than increasing core clock. Also undervolting the GPU slightly gives higher sustained clocks and increases performance.
A slight undervolt while pushing memory marginally higher seems like it'd give enough of a performance bump that Vega56 would equal the Vega64.

>why the fuck is 1080p is even a relevant resolution for $400 GPU?
Because tons of people are still using them?

It's relevant because my GTX 1080 can't get me consistent 60 fps at 1080p. The idea that these cards guarantee that is a meme.

Developers can always use the GPU power available even without increasing the resolution. The GPU does a lot of things which isn't directly scaling with the resolution.

>getting btfo'd in games like pubg.
considering I can get 70 fps in it even with 390, I don't know how vega would get btfo in it

also AMD drivers are really good right now for existing products

Maybe the ridiculous power consumption is AMD's real strategy towards deterring miners

>my GTX 1080 can't get me consistent 60 fps at 1080p.
are you one of the x8 MSAA retards?

56 is great. Probably outperform 1080 by December, and priced below 1070

actually 1800x got cut really hard, and justifiably so, so 64 might be worth it for ~400

>4K
>video games

Yeah, nah.

Maybe I'm in the minority since I play CSGO at a meme 4:3 resolution and I prioritize 144hz over actual resolution, but I can't imagine targeting 4K in most modern games with current GPU's. You'll struggle to hit 60fps @ high / ultra even with something like the 1080ti.

ryzen is cheap to manufacture, pooga isn't

maybe I don't see it, but they didn't compare power consumption between OCs of only memory and only GPU
undervolting is irrelevant because 56 will be AiB only and won't throttle, at least sapphire ones 100% will not

wasn't fury also cut though after 980ti?

>this gpu is only for this resolution
i hate this meme

There were no amd shills, just nvidia shills. It's a shit product so people stopped discussing it. Hoping it drives prices of other cards down though.

>This b8

No. I just play demanding games like Dark & Light.

It turns out people who bought Ryzen and got hyped up over it don't want to talk about this shit AMD product because they just like Ryzen and aren't actual paid shills who are contractually obligated to hype up whatever turd Raja pinches out onto the street.

waiting on nano or AIB board with ~170mm pcb

I completely forgot this was going to be a thing

54 or 56

Poor Volta. It'll be lonely without competition...

Yeah, Vega was a disappointment. Ryzen wasn't though, and you can't equate the two.

If they manage to pull off Raven Ridge, and have an APU that is 4c/8t with 1070 graphics AMD will dominate the laptop market.

did you forget first two months of ryzen launch? it was similar nightmare

>Open source AMD drivers actually work great on launch
Woah.

CPU discussion is barely relevant to Sup Forums, GPU discussion is much less relevant.

>non-free firmware
>gets in the way of you and your precious libreboot

>Where are the AMD shills on this abortion of a gpu?
Off mixing some jonestown-recipe koolaid

so let us conlude on what is actually going on with the drivers and bios
primitive shaders arent on
hbcc wasnt on
dsbr/culling in general some times works some not
infinity fabric being tied with hbcc and hbm2 has some room for improvement

literally the drivers must be in pre alpha stage or i dont know
why the fuck they released such a card without proper drivers?

it will get better in some months thats for sure its amd this is what they do

56 for sure, it's a decent bit faster than the 1070. There's also the numerous other benefits like having access to Freesync monitors, which actually look really good and don't cost an extra $100 like with G-Sync, and HBM2.

yes mainly because amd cards will be able to do double fp16 nvidia doesnt have this on a hardware level in maxwell 4.0

this is not my final form yet

It's true though, why would you buy a 1070/56 over a 1060/580 at 1080p 60hz? You're paying a lot more for no measurable difference in performance. Only time it'd be worth it is if you're playing those three or four games that run at 55fps at ultra instead of 60.

amd must be trying early access gpu's

AMDrone4lyfe

because you can use vsr/dsr with a 1070 and 56

>why would you buy a 1070/56 over a 1060/580 at 1080p 60hz?
because there will be newer games in the future? why would you need anything above 1080p if you don't want a 27 inch monitor?

>because there will be newer games in the future?
Yeah and the 580 will probably handle those games To my knowledge, only real games that don't reach 60 at max settings with that card are GTA5, Witcher 3, and something else. Is paying an extra $200 worth having to play on, God forbid, high instead of ultra? Even four years from now a 580 is going to be able to handle 1080p 60hz games on at least high.

>Vega 64
>649€
>1080 Ti
>683€
>1080
>503€
Trash. AMD can suck my dick. RX Vega is a complete failure and AMD should just stop making GPUs at this point.

it's brilliant for compute workloads, it's obvious amd is going full server compute/professional workload this time, pairs perfectly with Epyc

56 is good value if you want a gaming card too

>AMD should just stop making GPUs at this point.
I get that Vega is a disappointment, but why do assholes like you have this absolutely retarded anti-consumer mindset? Even if you bleed green, you should want AMD to improve so Nvidia has to innovate more and lower prices. Also, Polaris and Fiji were the last GPUs they made and they were both fine. The only problem with Polaris was that there was no high-end models of it and Fiji didn't quite beat out high-end Maxwell like people hoped it would. Why people shit talk AMD for somehow cobbling together a legitimate competitor to a product that had an R&D budget several times bigger than what they had is beyond me.

and the 580 costs the same as a 1070 right now

>Beyond that it's a pretty sad lineup.
well, same way anything that is not 1600 or 1700 is worthless
(personally got 1600x which is perfect for me, but on mass is not for everyone)
it's better to have at least one good card than zero
64 is okay-ish, but only for a select few

Do you want Nvidia to become the next "Intel" in the GPU market? If AMD die, so does the market.
pcgamer.com/nvidias-next-gen-volta-gaming-gpus-arent-arriving-anytime-soon/

>you should want AMD to improve so Nvidia has to innovate more and lower prices
everyone wants that but AMD just keeps failing all the time

>I wouldn't buy a better card vega 56 because it's amd
is it what you are saying?

vega isnt a flop tho
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-16gb,5128-6.html
it shits on p6000 the perfomance IS there but i guess amd had to choose between gaming and workstation i guess it took them a lot of time to develop the pro drivers

but we knew volta wasnt due for 2017 LOL what is the point of this article? volta is fucking huge and the yields are probably lower than pascal they simply dont have enough stock atm

no, did you read my post?

I don't bleed green. I don't care who makes my GPU the point is that AMD fails again and again and again to deliver a GPU that doesn't suck ass, CPU is a different story. Ryzen is great.
RX Vega is ridiculously power hungry, it get's stupidly hot, the performance is bad and the price doesn't justify the downsides, even with Freesync vs G-Sync costs calculated. I will buy Volta when it releases.
Volta will completely btfo RX Vega, be more energy efficient and the package will probably cost the same. 649€ for RX Vega is just retarded when 1080 costs 500 + 100 G-Sync premium, it's still cheaper. Also 1080Ti is just 50€ away.

It already is because AMD is no serious competition.

well, margins are in the pro market
and considering 20% jump in revenue i'd say they are right, when is q3 report? going to be fun to see

>Also 1080Ti is just 50€ away.
and it still sold out for some magical reason

it's some magic, I don't know how they do it
they promise volume, preparation and still sell everything

q3? no q4 and 18q1 yes

>it's some magic, I don't know how they do it
Do you really not know? It's cryptocurrency,

Isn't sold out here, no idea in what 3rd world shithole you live.

Are you that same faggot that types '54' on r/AMD?

For the amount of gaming you are going to do it don't use that much power. Vega 56 even less and has a hard limit of 300 watts max in the BIOS. Most of the time it will sit somewhere below 250 watts during gaming and 19 watts or less idling.

there is this program i use for work which i dont think is optimised very well, so basically you need the fastest graphics cards to run it. you can run it on slower ones but they take ages to render. what card do you think I should get? program runs decent on a 970 but want better performance.

Not even the most the diehard AMD fanboys like myself are going to defend this piece of shit.

I have no idea why they released gaming Vega, Margins are probably razor thin. All it's going to do is hurt AMD's (already tainted by years of bulldozer chips) reputation.

1080Ti.

>diehard
stop lying

it sucks Vega isn't an nvidia killer. I'm team red but I have a 1080 and see no reason to switch from team green now.

>Radeon
>reputation
Died with 2900x 10 years ago.

1050 Ti ftw

>only card available is the Vega 64 Sapphire/Black
>MSRP is 499€
>card was 509€ for minutes before selling out
>card was restocked and offered for 609€ before selling out again
>current price is 649€
I'm not even interested in the card for reasons user already stated but right now it already left the price region for gaming considering I can get a brand new 1080 for less than 580€ not being on sale and a used one for 400€.

yeah, sucks. I was going through the order process when 509€ cards were sold out.
got one for 609€ even though the price gouging pisses me off, but I have enough money that paying that much is still worth not getting frustrated even more.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I was really looking forward to finally replacing my old and fucked (artifacts and broken fan) GPU with the 56.
Why ._.

56 was available only for reviews
you can't buy it yet