$10 for a modern 14nm soc moto g on black friday

>$10 for a modern 14nm soc moto g on black friday
>$100 USD for a ti 84

Is the ti 84 still the go to calculator? I know there some colored ones like the hp now but apparently they are banned.

What's a good "future proof" calculator for a kid entering high school?

Other urls found in this thread:

collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TI-84 Plus or Ti-84 Plus CE is generally the go to for HIgh School.

Also underage fag.

underage b& & v&

A year ago, HP still made the hp-50g calculator, which was $50 and superior to the monochrome TIs in every way imaginable.

You should have bought one before scalpers drove up the price.

Yes the ti 84 is really good, I stole one from my high school and use it very often in uni :3

Maybe, but god help you if you don't know how to work it cause majority of textbooks use the TI calculator for instruction.

I'd avoid nSpire

If you're a faggot and can't math, you can get a CAS calculator.

Probably shouldn't get him a flagship model right? I know when I was still in school the teacher would lay out which buttons to press for certain formulas. Guess that won't work if the flagship models have exceedingly more buttons.

>god help you if you don't know how to work it
My 50g came with a tiny flimsy ass pamphlet for instructions and I had no issue.
How stupid do you need to be in order to go into a test not knowing how to use your calculator?

Look for almost any graphing calculator that got banned from tests, those are usually FAR superior and usually cheaper, but again, no test use.

I personally want a graphing calculator because I don't like touch screens or phones, I prefer tactile buttons and I do enough small number crunching that a graphing calculators ability to show me 6 or 7 prior equations would greatly help.

If you can deal with no buttons, phones are the way to go.

Ti-84 and Ti-84 CE have roughly the same layout as the Ti-83 so no worries.

Extremely, but it happens. Many a time kids decided to bring in a Ti-89 calculator and i had to translate what the teacher was doing on a Ti-83 and show them how to do it on an TI-89 cause they didn't know how.

I looked at the SAT approved list, most calculators are on this list unless they have a full color screen.
Even the HPs and casios are on it.

the criteria for can you use it or not is largely can you write notes into the calculator, I have my eyes on a really good calculator that because it's useless in tests costs only 30$, but retailed 200-400$ new.

do they blindly just tell you to press 3rd button from the right or something?
If you understand the math, can't you figure it out?
The hardest thing about HP calculators is getting used to stack-based RPN number entry.

Phones can't be used in a class.

Actually the ones with a color screen are allowed. QWERTY keyboard calculators are banned on some exams
collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy

Usually they show the diagram and have students type it in. Like in statistics for example. The textbook teaches you how to do it by hand first so you understand then it shows you how to do it on a calculator so you can do it quickly

TI 89

CAS calculators are banned on some test environments and even some classes.

You can use em but you have a risk as it becomes real easy to cheat during tests with a CAS calculator

US schools provide those when you need them. It's utterly useless outside of school.
Just buy an android app.

Send nudes

Casio FX-82.
It has a natural display and does everything you need. FX-991 is a decent alternative if you plan on doing science as it has a lot of scientific constants.
Don't bother with a fancy graphing calculator. Any university that is worth going to will teach you how to use Python or Matlab for any numeric stuff.
I bought a fx82 during my first year of HS and i'm still using it now as a physics undergrad.

>>$100 USD for a ti 84
anyone want to explain how the prices of these remain constant while the supply has continuously ballooned over decades?

the only reason texas instruments still exists is because schools make their calculators mandatory for their classes even though any old graphing calculator or phone will do the job

because all schools teach with TI and they recommend TI and there's always new students so they gain nothing from dropping prices

also, they try to scare you into buying only TI by making threats that they won't attempt to help you learn your calculator if you "cheap out" and get that casio you saw at at walmart for 50 bucks

Get a Casio class pad boi.

tfw I finally got through my calculus classes and could use my ti89 to do symbolic stuff.

before anyone says something, I got it for free.

>unironically implying that calculus is hard
>his university allows him to use a calculator on a calculus exam

there have been new students requiring the same models of TI calculators for the past 30 years. after 4 years of high school, 99% of these students never use them again. there should be a tremendous glut of used calculators driving down prices, but somehow it's not happening.