/mkg/ - 75% Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LuSS_csgo/status/897321377325137920
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

w2c cherry keyboard case?

twitter.com/LuSS_csgo/status/897321377325137920

Why is 1800 the best layout?

>spent $45 on MX clear switches
This better be worth it

You guys suck at this

can i buy small legend stickers? i kinda want F key stickers, all i can find are big ass stickers in amazon

where did you get it from?

a bit of a waste to have to fn keys dont you think?

Just got a IBM Model KB-7953 from a customer that threw it away, is it any good?

IN

Is 75% the new meme layout?

What keyboard is that? I assume it's a custom?

Eh, I don't like how big headed it is up top, but otherwise Filco is pretty reputable.

No, you should throw it away too

Tsukumo Ex in Tokyo for ~110 bucks

I agree but Poker 2 was more expensive, almost twice the massdrop price, and didn't have blacks. And I actually grew to the Minila and now I like her look more

No everyone figured out it was 60% decades ago

no

Just built this

It comes with Jailhosed Aristoteles, which are like super tactile switches with 2cm of hub.
Sadly I miss the backspace key for r2

Why do some boards have detachable cables?

You can't use the board without a cable, and you would never transport the board without a cable, and you would always need to have the cable with the board. Why would you ever need to remove it?

my keyboard is usb-c and once at school i forgot my phone charger but i brought my keyboard so i was able to use the keyboard cable to charge my phone

What do you fucks recommend for a compact model that's relatively cheap. I'm setting up a notestation but don't like the machine's keyboard. It's a 11 in laptop and I'd like the keyboard to be at most 12.5 inches

RK61

That was fast

Oh wait wtf that shit is bluetooth??

>plug in cable
>bluetooth turns off
wow that was hard

Site told me Bluetooth exclusive

there is also a non bluetooth version for cheaper.

Thank you user. You are Sup Forumsesus

Amazon doesn't have wire only listed, can you recommend a site for it?

>Amazon
fuck that just buy from the chinks
Aliexpress and Taobao are some of the best places to buy cheap shit. Go to /csg/ if you want more info. The cheapest RK61 right now is on taobao for 28 bucks

I'm currently using a cherry brown 100% keyboard and looking for something smaller and a different switch. I've used cherry blues in the past and prefer it over brown, but they were too loud for my situation. What are some good 75% keyboards with linear or maybe mx clear switches?

I've been looking at the Vortex Race 3, but it has a huge shipping cost to EU from mechanicalkeyboards.com

Tada68, unironically

Gateron tactiles and linears are better than cherry's, and you can get the tada in practically any meme switch you want including zealios

Oh yeah forgot that you want an F row. Tada68 is still an excellent choice if you can do without, though.

i spilled my juice all over my keyboard and keys are now sticky. whats the best way to clean it?

alcohol bath

Jizz

1. When carrying a kb, the cable either sticks out by 2-3cm or bends enough to get damaged over time (this is especially a problem for cramped bags, or on the flip side roomy bags where the on has the space to move around and possibly crush the cable).

2. And this is the main reason: if the cable ever gets damaged (see above, or maybe the usb port got fucked up, or whatever), or you want to replace it (even premium products sometimes cut corners on less essential features, or maybe you're just a ricer faggot), you're fucked. Imagine a terrible accident happens, but miraculously your $200 memeboard is completely unharmed - however, unfortunately, the cable worth about $5 got fucked and is now completely unusable. If it's not replaceable, your only choices are to open the keyboard and fuck about with resoldering a new one yourself, or replacing the entire keyboard.

I know nothing about mechanical keyboards and I bought this because it was only £19.99 on amazon prime. It's fucking great for the money in my opinion. But I'm guessing the keys are complete shit compared to expensive mechanical keyboards?

I/ guessing you all hate it, but tell me why.

No sense in hating it for the price.

Do you know what brand the switches are? There's some shit out there that's just horrid, but e.g. outemu switches are really very good for the price (and can be found in some £20-£25 kbs).

Some user even did a budget build with a £25 outemu board and like £30 PBT keycaps, for an extremely surprisingly passable board at just over £50.

I have the same one. I believe they're cherry brand. Blue switches. The key caps aren't great but it's a decent keyboard.

I have no idea when it comes to these keyboards, I do feel like the keys a a bit light feeling but nothing feels cheap, especially considering that it cost 19.99 delivered. I'm guessing expensive boards have keys with more thickness and more weight? similar to older tech like like c64's etc? Mine feel a bit lightweight, but they feel solid at the same time.

take a keycap off and see what brand the switches are

The switches are blue and they say CK.

What keyboard/caps/parts are you waiting to arrive, /mkg/? I ordered chinkshit, pic related, and I'm still waiting.

I feel like that will be a too big of a change coming from a full size.

Why are faggots so afraid of soldering irons
You're up the same shit creek when your port breaks, and it will

Apparently mine are cherry blue? is that a good thing or bad? I have no idea. Does it mostly come down to volume? I love the sound the keys make but it is a little loud for me. Can the switches be changed?

Do you understand this is a keyboard thread and not related to guns?

He posted a keyboard and is talking about them?
*thinking emoji*

>cherry brand
>£20
No

Some no-name chinkshit then.

It's more the consistency, the smoothness, the quality and durability (e.g. will the start chattering in a year?) that make the switch. The actual weight is up to preference, premium cherry and clones come in a wide variety of weights.

Keycaps also make quite a difference to feel; thin cheap ABS keycaps will feel flimsy and ABS in general will develop shine within a few months of heavy use. Thick PBT like what you'd get, for example, on a $100 tada68 (or POM, just as good but much less common) will feel much more solid, and will last decades without the feel deteriorating.

do you have crippling hoplophobia?

what's the cheapest board I can find with tactile alps other than the dell AT-101

>Some no-name chinkshit then.

Is there anyway for me to improve it though? o rings or different switches? are there any approved keys, switches etc for random chink shit like mine?

You guys are literally nazis

*white power hand gesture*
1488 my friend

Why do some pistols have detachable extractors?
You can't fire the pistol without an extractor, and you would never transport the pistol without an extractor, and you would always need to have the extractor with the pistol. Why would you ever need to remove it?

what do you do if it breaks?

Just weld a replacement on, what are you a faggot afraid of welding?

yeah ok

Now that's a new one

got a realforce and love topre now, where do i find a full keycap set? also can i move the keyboard into a wooden case? i only found a 60% wooden one and dont know if they are made after a norm or not

Why did you buy a $200 rubber dome when you can get one for $5?

juice

Miami dolch from MD

>a way to improve it
O-rings are subjective, generally speaking they don't necessarily upgrade anything. Get them if you like them, but they won't make a shit switch better - they'll make it a shit switch with o-rings.

Theoretically speaking you'd need to solder on new switches to really improve it. That is obviously not worth it, it's a fucking £20 board.

>approved cheap chinkshit
Outemu switches. The uterus keyboard (sold as victsing/victech/tomoko/possibly others) is the go-to ultra-cheap board.

SA 1965 & a wood case

i'll ask myself everyday why i'm building another meme novelty keyboard but eh whatever

I didn't buy anything, but I'm just waiting for a modern model F style keyboard. I like how the F keys are to the left rather then on top.

why do you post here when you're obviously too poor to try one?

been should've arrived in july, now it's october, thanks assdrop.

I bought one on amazon and returned it because it felt like a tougher rubber dome. Also I'm not poor because I don't buy $200 rubber dome keyboards like you.

poorness isnt a state of money, but rather a state of mind, friend

Anyone know how to get a pingmaster to work without spending $50 on a converter? the only other options involve having linux but I use windows.

very false. this is how you end up poor

Where can I find cheap cherry profile keycaps?

china

Still no argument about how topre isn't just a rubber dome

why would i argue with a pidgeon? i have better things to do

>Still no argument
>Thinks pigeons can use the internet
>Spells pigeon as "Pidgeons"

>Thinks pigeons can use the internet
Who says they can't? There's a lot of pigeons in cities, ok? They shit a lot, that's a lot of shit right there, all pigeons. And then there's those smartphones, and wifi-waves in the air, lots of them, all over the city, right. And Sup Forums is anonymous, right, nobody knows anyone, ok? Could be anyone, totally anyone. Who says pigeons can't shitpost? I sure don't.

i ordered my kbdfans 75 back in mid-July, when do you guys think it'll arrive?

also can anyone recommend a good bluetooth mkb for PS4?

>He only has one

bottom one looks like you marinaded it in piss.

Sup Forums is a worksafe board faggot. Fuck off with that shit.

How do I get those caps

>Spent $600 on rubber domes

or clicky alps

This is Sup Forums, don't people solder in their sleep? I mean we're posting in a keyboard thread where people perform hundreds of solder connections just to build a custom board, and there are dozens of custom boards in here. What's five more to fix a cable once every 25 years?

tl;dr In the rare event that the cable is damaged but the keyboard isn't, de/soldering is not a big deal.

They don't have detachable extractors tho, they require a hammer and punch to remove (none are welded.). That's more effort than de/resoldering as you're fighting spring tension, alignment and hammer blows to get it back in. Also literally everything can still fire and eject without an extractor, pic related middle is famous for it. Strawman was a crib death I'm sorry user. :(

Sorry.

>a keyboard thread where people perform hundreds of solder connections just to build a custom board
do you not

Is there a layout that still has the f row and arrows that is smaller than tkl?

You should include your mouse one day or something. I just picture your room is full of guns with a table in the middle with that keyboard attached to nothing lol

yes a 12% keyboard

His keyboard is attached to a machinegun

can you link one please user

*I* certainly do not

There's other stuff in here, I just scoot it out of the way sometimes to make pictures less cluttered.

>Posts the same keyboard everytime

So its not attached to a machine gun? :(

It's called 75%. I've been sperging out over building one in last thread.

12% is what keyboard fad is moving towards tho.

don't use emoticons.