RX Vega real MSRP is $599 and $699 respectively

>the 499 was a "launch price"

wccftech.com/amds-rx-vega-64s-499-price-tag-was-a-launch-only-introductory-offer/

What a mess

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_rx_64_launch_pricing_was_only_for_early_sales/1
tweaktown.com/news/58742/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-nowhere-near-100mh-mining-power/index.html
techpowerup.com/236177/amds-rx-vega-launch-prices-might-be-just-smoke-and-mirrors
hardware.fr/news/15220/rx-vega-64-prix-officiel-illusoire.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they just cant deliver because of desperate greedy manufacturers. sad.

There are no reason to buy this turd

This sounds like there must be some confusion here because there's a lot of shit flying around between 3rd party sellers, and sellers putting it way above MSRP, plus the bundle packs.

>overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_rx_64_launch_pricing_was_only_for_early_sales/1

>b-but ayyymd are the good guys

Its the miners. Theyll drive the price way above MSRP. The bundles are a jew move but the excuse is they are trying to make is so the card makes it to some gamers. Still the bundles look like crap.

They will sell no matter what. AMD doesn't care if it is a miner or a gamer that buys the cards.

Why are miners buying this card it's terrible for mining!

Sad!

price to performance its ok

>Below is a quote from Overclockers UK's Gibbo, who reported that AMD's £449.99 price tag for their RX Vega 64 was "launch only" pricing. This price only applied to the retailer's initial allotment of RX Vega 64 Black standalone GPUs, with AMD giving gamers a £100 discount as some form of an "early adopter" discount.

>i-it's the miners

DON'T MAKE ME NUKE NKOREA
No it's not! Performance/watt it's even worse.

RTG is fucking finished, what a joke. looks like my next gpu will have to be nvidia because of incompetence.

>muh mining

tweaktown.com/news/58742/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-nowhere-near-100mh-mining-power/index.html

The game bundle is now the standard SKU. AMD literally told them to stop selling the standalone card. Sellers had nothing to do with it.

If this is actually true it will be a complete disaster.
>$600 for 1070 performance
>$700 for 1080 performance
>both over a year late and significantly higher power consumption/heat output

What the fuck are amd high.?

The packs exist so you can actually buy it since the movers don't buy those. Hard to understand?
>It's okay when nvidia does it!

Well the article is a bit retarded and it's wccftech, fuck knows. $100 would put prices at $500/600/700 for 56/64/64 WC, that definitely seems to expensive to make sense. Who the fuck would buy them? $400 for 56 could actually be pretty decent, 64 is pretty unattractive anyway but if they price it higher than 1080 it's going to be completely dead.

I hope these miners go and stay go. I just want a new card, man.

Le freesync

t. redteam+

Fuck AMD
GTX 1080 prices were 500-550 for basic models, now everything is 600+
If Vega actually delivered, prices would be more reasonable.

This is the state of the radeon shill. Desperate to salvage Vega from the laughing stock it is. Everyone point and laugh.

The packs are an ok idea to curb mass consumption by idiot miners who have no idea what they are doing. Because the power consumption is off the charts, and undervolting only curbs some of the power consumption with out disrupting the hash rate.

But the fact that you are locked in to specific hardware that AMD deemed appropriate, is a joke for a company desperately trying to preach open source viability in an increasingly proprietary world. Once again, radeon shoots it's self in the fucking foot. It seems all the old AMD hacks just moved over to RTG.

This whole product launch stemming from one year ago is a fucking joke. The cards are slow, and overpowered, overvolting to scavenge as much silicon as they can, and the hardware it's self is fucking garbage for anything but computation.

Nvidia has to be laughing it's ass off.

Raja needs to go.

Can someone recommend me a 1070 and 144hz gsync monitor?

Looks like I will be hanging onto my RX 480 for a while.

I have the [fixed] EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 and it's a really good card. Stays in the mid 70s under load even when OC to 2.03 GHZ. Would recommend. I have a friend who has the MSI Gaming X 1070 and his card hits like 85 under load at around 1.9 GHZ whilst my GTX 1070 is operating at a higher frequency but at lower temps so I can't really recommend that MSI version based on that but I dunno maybe my friends graphics card is faulty or something. That's just my first hand experience though.

Get a freesync monitor and play without variable refresh because it's a meme. That same friend I mentioned before has an PG278Q from Asus and when I tested gsync on vs gsync off there was basically no difference at all unless you're playing at like 25 fps which feels jerky but it would feel like that anyway. Get a freesync IPS panel like the MG279Q 1440p 144hz and play at high fps without meme technologies and without having to overpay.

Trump, pls

>Raja needs to go.
Raja is probably going to get bonused.

Vega SSG has no competition at all.
Vega WX will at least trade blows with P6000 for 1/3 the price
Vega MI25 is getting used in Project 47
RX Vega 56 utterly dumpsters the 1070 once you undervolt and overclock it (pic related) on half finished drivers.

Even if Vega 64 never works the way it was intended the other four versions of Vega 10 are going to be successful enough to make Raja look fucking great considering the resources he had to work with.

so this means, no VEGA48 for 299$?

So this is what being and amdrone looks like.

Where are all those AMD shills that police this board like the fucking gestapo that always go around telling everyone how AMD is your friend, how they never lie and would never do anything bad now, huh? Praying for Ganesha for enlightenment on new ways to damage control for this massive fuckup?

If you have any evidence to present to refute any of the asertions made, please feel free to do so.

Vega is DOA, i'd have gotten a 56, but really theres no chance.

It's a pity nobody is willing to produce more GPUs because they are afraid the mining market will suddenly bottom out and they'll be left with a ton of inventory

It's India Independence day. Cut them some slack.

You've never owned a firepro and it shows shill.

Something isn't right about that. I get 30M hashes/sec on a fucking 290x.

Technically speaking, if, and i mean IF this i true, can't there be a class action suite against AMD for false advertising?

I have a freesync monitor and I'm gonna try to snatch an aftermarket vega 56 when it launches but vega 64 can suck a dick. I do believe we're gonna get quite a lot of improvements on it though, seeing as how some parts of the card are apparently off and there's some weird shit going on with AA on it as well.

Oh look, it's you again. I'm shocked. Really.

Nobody give a shit about your damage control, pajeet.

i really hope vega's mining performance is less than promised, hopefully they'll be disappointed with them and keep their grubby mitts off the 56.

>costs the equivalent of $780 in Germany
nope, not upgrading.

The GPU market is so depressing for 1440p
>Don't want to go Vega because they over absolutely no value and are not obtainable
>Don't want to go Nvidia because they are massive gapping cunts and it won't change anytime soon
>Consoles are eternally shit tier

Here's an OC'd reference Vega 56 on half-finished release drivers vs. an OC'd AIB 1070.

>buy a card that costs nearly the same as1080 and needs a nuclear plant to run and wait for drivers
KYS pajeet

>buy a card that costs nearly the same as1080
$399 MSRP is nearly the same as a 1080?
>and needs a nuclear plant to run
Gamers Nexus got Vega 56 to OC core and memory on a significant undervolt that kept power use to 236 watts
> and wait for drivers
OC'd Vega 56 reference on half-baked drivers already dumpsters an AIB OC'd 1070. This is only going to get worse for the 1070 as Vega's drivers mature, so I don't know what point you think you are making.

How long before this happens to vega

It already did.

nop

You really think it's sold out because gamers bought it? Get fucking real

What's this hairstyle called?

JUST

I'm OK with this. The miners are going to RMA them once the fad is over so let AMD charge them double.

The "Just fuck me up part 2"

>>$600 for 1070 performance
>>$700 for 1080 performance

Not in mining.

The stocks was very low.

I'm fairly certain this is copy pasta

It's several copy pastas with the same graphs posted by drones. They just change them after release when they fall flat on their face.

Is it likely that m'drivers will make vega 64 as good as or better than 1080? Did the 480/390 ever get better than the 970?

What the fuck were they thinking with vega?

stop posting wccftech clickbait

overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_rx_64_launch_pricing_was_only_for_early_sales/1

techpowerup.com/236177/amds-rx-vega-launch-prices-might-be-just-smoke-and-mirrors

hardware.fr/news/15220/rx-vega-64-prix-officiel-illusoire.html

amdtard completely BTFO

The 480 was always beating the 970 and so was the 390 for a large majority
Yeah drivers might make it better, they might not. That's purely objective.

>>>/leddit/

>all link back to some obscure forum post with no legitimacy

This is not a clickbait, HBMeme is fucking expensive and the Vega GPU die is bigger than the GP102 (1080ti/Titan X) die. Stop your damage control.

>announcing sage
how to spot butthurt plebbitard

welp looks like im buying a 1080
i tried to stick with you amd ;_;

>lying pajeet and tranny chink in charge of amd
color me surprised

buy I ryzen CPU

>Below is a quote from Overclockers UK's Gibbo
>my dad works at nintendo

AMD MSRP is 499. Period. It is 499 unless AMD says it isn't.
Everything else is retailer deal.

did nvidia fix ryzen dx12 performance?

>comparing overclocked vega 56 with stock 1070
Holy shit you're retarded.

Literally has nothing to do with the AIBs or Retailers, AMD is forcing AIBs to sell everything as Black Packs or above, the intro cards were Black Packs with the game codes removed sold for $100 discount.

They fixed it already, AMD even has beta drivers for 'blockchain compute'

>amdrones getting BLACKED

The card alone is $499.
The card alone was limited in quantity ,most retailers getting less than, NewEgg only got 30 for the entire country, my local Wholesaler got 4 (across all AIBs)

Radeon Black Pack is $599
The 'Radeon Black Pack' was shipped in far greater numbers, my local wholesaler got 460 (across all AIBs)

This is Bait and Switch.

it includes $120 worth of games though?

Yes it does, but AMD are advertising that a card is available for $499, where it clearly isn't, since it was provided in low quantities, with the intention of forcing customers to buy the bundle pack.

This is legally bait and switch.

You can tell why they're doing it, though.
Fucking miners, jesus christ.

Nice mental gymnastics drone.

Not exactly an excuse the courts are going to accept.
Bait and Switch is illegal.

Expect Jewish Goldstein Lawyers to capitalize on this.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT RTG
ALL I FUCKING WANT IS PLAYABLE 4K HIGH/ULTRA FROM A SINGLE CARD WITHOUT SPENDING A FORTUNE
AND YOU GIVE ME THIS BULLSHIT
NOT EVEN BETTER THAN A 1080 AND IT'S MORE FUCKING EXPENSIVE?!?!

it is not bait and switch. It would be if there was only one product. Packs is separate product.

Apparently new magic drivers will fix it.
But even with 12 months of delays, they apparently still couldn't enable any of the new features, so it's really just a FuryX with a higher clockspeed...

it is one hair better than 1080.
Wanna me send you one from russia? it's only 42k RUB here.

Desperate times, dude. AMD's GPU division is being murdered by miners right now. Their entire business is being destroyed. If they don't do something to stop miners they're not going to exist when the mining bubble pops. They NEED gamers to get their cards. So much so that they're willing to do this shit.

Nah, they probably consulted lawyers before doing it. The argument "well the card is $499, just it comes with $120 of games, for a mere $100 extra" works pretty well when backed up by lawyers.
An alternative would be to release drivers that nerf mining (and I think this is what they should have done), but miners would just use the old drivers and still hoover up the stock.

They baited by telling people a $499 would be available.
It isn't. Since it was limited to very small quantities for launch only (no restock)
They are forcing you to Switch to the Radeon Black Pack for an extra $100 if you want to actually buy the $499 GPU.

Classic Bait and Switch.

>how dare them not fulfilling my desires

you are shit at law, user

I was legitimately looking at Vega 56 if drivers actually do boost performance somewhat in the next few months, but after this? Fuck that.

Lol these tech reviewers are a joke
noone runs gpus stock when mining. 580 gets over 30mh when bios fiddled with and optimized for less power than stock settings. 1070 easily gets 31-32 at 100 watts for example

This
Vega is one hell of a workstation card, repurposed to a decent gaming card

Lol. The hoops AMD fags have to jump through to justify this abortion.

It competes barely with entry level Quaddro cards, and Teslas shit all over the very best AMD.

We REALLY don't want to talk about CUDA vs Open CL.

AMD wouldn't make a dent in professional markets with out Apple propping them up because Nvidia is so shitty to do business with.

AMD competitive with this failure of an architecture.... HA!

>laws have loop holes
Doesn't make it less of a scummy move. Defend your pajeet company all you want, they fucked up.

>$499 plus tax is "under $500"
>nevermind goy now it's $599

>$699 goy? perfect, it's only $799

>here your RX Vega 64 Liquid™ for $899