The Google Controvacy

>Scalping by fellow female workers
>Cannot be alone, or false rape accusations
>Nearly going bankrupt from poor funding allegations
>Getting fired for not holding the same ideology as your boss
>hiring people because they are black or not male
>when you are fired by google, they blacklist you and thus shut down any possibility to be hired in future
When will we agree that neo-liberalism is damaging STEM?

>inb4 - its a private business they can do what they want with their workers
The fact that he was fired only reinforces his point, thus making it more credible.
>inb4 - why should i care
because when meritocracy dies, so does the capacity for competent tech. Imagine a world where GNU is programmed by a mediocre pajeet java developer.
>inb4 - go away Sup Forums
I'm not Sup Forums. Go away /lefty/
>inb4 - this thread is irrelevant to the board
Not really considering that it has to do with the computer tech and science industry as a whole, and the effect that having a heavy left-leaning bias will have on on the industry, its workers, and its future.

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7AfpveMJ0
quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/
youtube.com/watch?v=SEDuVF7kiPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>4x inb4
You don't have to post here to have a conversation with yourself.

bump for interest

>When will we agree
never, people will never agree on anything, that's the point of a democratic discussion
Unless the topic is that OP sucks dicks, which most of can agree except you, OP

>GNU is programmed by a mediocre
Well, systemd, one of the most important piece of modern Linux, made by Poeterring.

>never, people will never agree on anything, that's the point of a democratic discussion
if a democracy never agrees on anything, then it is like an immovable rock.

The real point of this thread is to agree that this is the case: that lefty bias is ruining STEM, and then try to find solutions or tricks to avoid getting in trouble.

Why is this a bad thing? He should have been fired because he was being a pretentious little primadonna and wasting millions' of peoples' valuable time with his emotionally charged irrational screed.

You right wingers fire gays for being gay all over the country. You fags started it. It's not our fault that lefties make better tech companies that you want to work for. You don't fucking run things kid, and never will because nobody cool and good wants to work for assholes like you.

Invalid argument

Its literally not GNU and has nothing to do with it

At the very least you could have posted the actual memo to start the discussion. assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf

facing reality is hard for you, know

When will these alt-right fags realize that they are the orcs in this story?

>Make study women are better programmer because gets more accepted changes.

> accepted changes are correction in documentation.

Is that a tranny

OP can't inb4.

what did he mean by this?

there is always a leftie that tries to derail threads like this, scream what do you want, you are fucked anyway

>Controvacy
I know this thread already has enough derailing but, really?

How am I "fucked" again? I'm not the prissy little primadonna who threw a public shitfit and got fired from my job.

Obvious bait, but i'll ask you right now: Did you actually read the document in its entirety? Which lines constituted an "emotionally charged irrational screed"? Do you know how that document became public knowledge?

Yes. I actually read that shit.

Presenting something arguable as an axiom doesn't magically make it true just because you put a bullet point next to it, you stupid faggot.

>controversy
happy now?

for you, know

>inb4
>inb4
>inb4
>inb4
Damage controlling in the OP so hard.

Real shit, I'm considering moving to the Bay Area next year. Do people there really pick apart someone's speech like this IRL? If so, I feel like I'll be a bull in a china shop.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7AfpveMJ0
>yes i actually ready that shit
sure ya did bub. Mind listing some of the points that weren't reported on?
>Presenting something arguable as an axiom doesn't magically make it true
but statistics sure do. You could argue it if you want, but arguing against his points in a counter-memo would be more constructive than simply firing him and screeeeing at his memo.

Easy there with that hate speech friend, wouldn't want your leftist friends at google to give you another dunking in the estrogen tank.

>idpol
>neoliberalism
You know you should really look up the definitions of words before using them.
Those are literally opposed ideologies.

>Do people there really pick apart someone's speech like this IRL?
yep.
Survey: is it majority women, are there trans co-workers, are moderate/middle-right views looked down upon. If any of these hold true then you better shut your fucking trap white-boi.

The document was written and compiled as an argument, not a falsifiable theory of relativity. There was no charged or incentive language in the document either. Which "arguments" in that document were presented as axioms in your opinion?

>IT
>STEM
nice meme

>mfw frenchfag who would just speak my mind and not care about your illogical feelings about it
Perhaps I should stay here.
That seems crazy.

sorry.

It's fine user. The more Yuno.

hope you like seweer-work user.
That's where your going if you have an opinion in the IdPol USA

I finally understand why that poltard ran a car into a crowd of people like this

Feels really weird, over here people would rather discuss politics than the amount of money they earn.
I hope this idpol cancer never becomes that mainstream here. We already have some 3rd wave feminist imports, but at least people discuss the fucking thing instead of building industry wide echo chambers.

>antifa
>people
pick a single one

>I hope this idpol cancer never becomes that mainstream here.
I do too. otherwise those french classes were a waste of my time.

And answer to that argument was, "Get the fuck out of Google, you moron."

Is that not already clear?

I don't have to engage point-by-point with his bunch of horseshit ideas based on absolutely no evidence. His "citations" were just footnotes in his own words. Maybe they would have tricked someone who is functionally illiterate, but they usually give STEMlord Engineering students like you remedial rhetoric classes so it's not too difficult for you.

I'm nervous... the move is pretty much set in stone and I am trying to envision how interviews and everything will go. I have a good skillset/resume, but I'm worried about being too hardened by living on the east coast to get around "culture" issues.

I mean seriously, what do they call sanity testing out there? Convenience testing?

>His "citations" were just footnotes in his own words.
You read the gizmodo edited version you uninformed git. He links to studies in the actual document.

Firing someone for being gay is literally illegal. The mentally ill who got fired can get enough money in court to be settled for a life of sucking cocks (he will be dead by thirty due to a couple of dozens STDs though).

Source or kill yourself you shit tier baiter.

Don't silicon valley tech "culture" is alive and well. Every one and their fucking grandma is trying to get funding for whatever is hyped at the time.

user. Doubling down on lies when people called them out is not helping you. Saying it louder is never going to make it true, but then again, you seem to be siding with the authoritarians on this one, so I guess it's already too late for you.

"25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" - Matthew 6

Don't worry user, don't be nervous either.
Be cautious and see first if the firm you are working at holds a left-leaning bias. Enact a political litmus test to determine the leaning of the company. If they hold a heavy left leaning bias then consider whether the pay is worth the self-censorship. If working in an environment and not being able to speak your mind makes you unhappy, then consider finding an alternative location or employer who will let you speak your mind. Money is nice and all but never let it get in the way of what makes you happy.

Which way will he go next? Backpedal, deflect, ad hominem, move the goal post, save face and leave? My money is on ad hominem. It's a lefttards favorite

>there's always a lefty trying to derail irrelevant Sup Forums shitposts like this

Oh no

this desu.

>Science is wrong because I don't like it.
The modern left everyone, ignoring settled science about race and gender differences and throwing a tantrum Everytime someone points them to this settled science.

But somehow the right is the one ignoring science. Inb4 "some right-winger once said that it isn't clear to him that mankind can affect climate".

If you have a problem with Sup Forums leaking, why wouldn't you also have a problem with baiters who drive activity in those threads?

If you were intelligent you wouldn't even consider working for Google. Problem solved.

because he is one of those baiters, lefties are hypocrites has fuck

kek, now that I'm looking at those, it's even worse.

I would fail him for turning that paper in to a Freshman Rhetoric course.

He's an ass.

>someone for being gay is literally illegal
only in 20 states.

So no refutation.
Got that. Thank you for admitting you're wrong.
Get fucked.

>I would fail him
An actual professor gave it an A- at the graduate studies level.

Please go back to making up facts. Your opinions aren't entertaining when they're accidentally ignorant.

>dismissing scientific literature when you didn't even had time to read it since your last post

Sure.

And among them is certainly not California since there you can get fired for having the wrong thoughts.

roblem is google is affiliated to about a million other companies who are also tech giants.
If you work for any affiliated companies and get into trouble there, you will still be blacklisted.

"Science" isn't a monolithic thing that can be "right" or "wrong"

I realize that you grew up arguing that "the Bible" said a thing. You don't get to just replace "the Bible" with "Science" in sentences.

How stupid are you?

>Imagine a world where GNU is programmed by a mediocre pajeet java developer.
I don't need to imagine that, that is reality. After all , how do you think autotools came into existence.

He cites random theories on Wikipedia and literally fake studies claiming to be from teams including Estonian academics and professors who have Wikipedia stubs but aren't listed on the department at the uni they are supposed to be at. It's a fractal of ridiculous horseshit. The closer I look, the better it gets.

Where did you get the Bible from? I was raised in a pretty much atheistic household.

Also I never claimed that science was "right" I just pointed out the mountain of evidence against you. The term "settled science" is a term used by left wing regards to argue against biology I used it ironically newfag.

[citation needed]

>when you are fired by google, they blacklist you and thus shut down any possibility to be hired in future
Wikileaks offered him a job and so did a Gab.ai (offered to match his google salary) which is a newer free speech focused twitter clone.

>studies published in major journals
>one of the most quote heavy articles in the psychology part of wikipedia
Stop trolling.

Thank you, that's much better. Stick to the tried and true user.

Surely the academics who reviewed his paper and found it to be adequate are in the wrong here.

The science is AGAINST you.

[citation needed]

Rhetoric has nothing to do with science. It's usually some generalist prerequisite class for English or philosophy, which about shows how useful it is

quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/
[citation given]

Unexpectedly nice response, thanks user!

>backpedaling this hard
kek

>english isn't useful

I'm planning on working in IT in the future myself. Just giving heads up to a fellow bro.

If you can't accept that the right is retarded too then you're just as bad as the libtards.

I never backpedaled on anything.

You are just out of arguments.

I'm astounded Gab.ai have the ability to match his previous salary. I'd take that position in a heartbeat.

Meant for

It's not. If you actually got a degree in English you probably slacked off during your college career and expect mommy and daddy to support you for the rest of your life. Its a good measure of who's going to be a free rider

The dude has very marketable skills and he was rated the highest in most of his performance reviews at Google.

Not poaching him would be stupid.

My point was not about left vs. right.

I was saying that the left is clearly in the wrong here and "the right does it too" is not a defense for that.

>quillette dot com
k, don't care. That's not a peer reviewed source.

What's this about white boi traps?

Are you fookin' serious?
I'll be as ableist as I fookin' well like.

If you watch the Jordan Peterson interview of the Google employee (in which they go over the memo in its entirety line by line), you would be very wrong in this regard. If you don't have time to watch the video I would implore you to at least review the video description in which Jordan links to over three dozen studies related to the topics covered by the memo. Regardless though, it's interesting to see your confirmation bias in play to defend your position. Thanks for at least attempting to bolster your opinion with some last minute research.

youtube.com/watch?v=SEDuVF7kiPU

>i want peer reviewed sources but i reserve the right to ignore any peer reviewed evidence for no reason
You're an idiot.

They crowd funded like $500k last month, it's definitely catching on on the right.

>I DONT LIKE THE FACTS IF THE FACTS ARE WRONG.

I hope no one lets you near higher education user.

Also the article IS A "PEER" REVIEW. The scientists are AGAINST you.

Actually, humanities and liberal arts does it's filtering process through the whole of the undergraduate track and the actual career training doesn't start until graduate school. You are probably an Engineer. They do their filtering in the first two years and then do the career training in the second two years, because you are just a glorified tradesman that can run through a few equations.

>lefties make better tech companies

You mean men. Men make better tech companies.

When those tech companies are all up and running and successful, the women complain that they were unfairly treated because they don't have what other have despite not having worked for it.
They then demand entry on the basis of vagina instead of merit and lo and behold, it's slowly becoming infested with good for nothing women that can't do what the company is supposed to be doing.

Then O’Sullivan’s law comes into effect.

why is her username removed?
fucking plebbitor

Good thing that you don't get a job with humanities anyway, lol.

And you realize that only after years of studying bullshit.

>he really thinks that some random no-name blog post matters and is credible

The benefits though, jewgle has lots of benefits

The first programming language was invented by a woman.

The scientists matter.

Scientists are disagreeing with you, the format is irrelevant to the argument. That is something you learn when you are a child.

Please NEVER go into higher education.

>interviews of behavioral psychologists
>noname blog
Stop digging user, you're deep enough already.