CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
Git: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
Package count: 2829 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
GPG: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: useast.cloveros.ga uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga uk.cloveros.ga nl.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros
Video: a.doko.moe/cngnzh.mp4
CloverOS memes: cloveros.booru.org
Validate ISO:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key "78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805"
wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso.asc
gpg --verify CloverOS-x86_64-20170810.iso.asc CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170814.iso
packages.gentoo.org/categories/games-emulation
google.com/search?q=afterstep&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X
cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170816.iso
useast.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
uswest.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
fr.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
nl.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
uk.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LiveCD will be up in an hour or so

fuck off with your gay systemd uefi unsupporting distro faggot

Fucking thinkpad fan doesn't want to start. Can't use cloverOS anymore.

Why should I use this?

CloverOS GNU/Linux is scripts that creates a Gentoo image and a packages repo (Binhost) that contains unique USE flags and CFLAGS. It aims to be a fast, poetterfrei, lightweight out of the box desktop.

CloverOS GNU/Linux is a pre-riced, out-of-the-box Gentoo that's by Sup Forums, for Sup Forums. It focuses on speed and low ram usage, doesn't have systemd or other service bloat, and includes commonly used software.

It's as close to default Gentoo as possible, with all of the configuration made in /etc/portage/make.conf, unlike other Gentoo-based distros. The scripts can be used to install it to hard drive, generate a LiveCD and create the CloverOS repo. It's very easy to modify the bash script to make your own Gentoo livecd. In short: CloverOS is Gentoo.

The CloverOS repo is built with custom CFLAGS for optimum performance, and the USE flags are configured for desktop use. There's some dotfiles in the home directory by default to save time. Packages are built with the newest GCC features such as Ofast, Graphite and LTO. I don't see any other distro putting in the effort of utilizing them, so I took it upon myself to ensure the latest breakthroughs in compiler tech doesn't go unused.

If you use Gentoo, you'll probably come to a similar conclusion as CloverOS (package.use, installed packages). The original goal was to be similar to CrunchBang, but with Gentoo.

UEFI sucks though
the insanely huge codebase pretty much guarantees that your firmware is full of vulnerabilities

CloverOS runs on the YAYO philsophy: You Are Your Owner

Which means you own your computer. Not the distro maintainer, not Poettering, not Mark Shuttleworth, not the CIA, not the SJWs at GNOME. You are the owner of your own compiuter, you can build packages from source using any use flags you want for ultimate choice.

If I'm unfamiliar with a non-systemd/non-bloat distro, will I have trouble adjusting?
For documentation/questions, can I just refer to gentoo docs?

I feel inadequate to be the owner. How can I remove this inadequacy other than going through all the documentation/previous threads?

Yes, you can also check out the FAQ at gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros and use /cosg/ and #cloveros for tech support

I'll check it out and install it tonight most likely, thanks.

Run it in a vm if you want to try it before installing

How do I get the iso?

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170814.iso

What is the block size for dd ?

Put some more emulators on the repo

packages.gentoo.org/categories/games-emulation

Name em

Pretty much everything on that list chief. No reason to beat around the bush. A fast light weight multi media power house of a game emulator would finally shut up the Windows kiddies forever about muh gaming.

I have most of those, going to look through the rest

We should probably have video demonstrations about gaming in Clover. We already have videos about it's functionality and its blistering fast file transfer speeds as well as how it almost uses no CPU/Ram. May as well do it showing it can play demanding stuff like PS2 emulators because that's stuff Windowsfags have trouble emulating to even this day. Something like that which is already installed but also works right out of the box would be a knockout punch for vidya enthusiasts.

Well, I posted a few screenshots. but I guess I could make videos.

I like the idea of an emulation by default thing, I could just replace the packages in livecd_build.sh and run it.

bs=1488B

>that image

I havent seen that set posted in ages. Did anyone ever figure out what the hell was going on in those?

>That taste in vidya

You sir are a refined gentlemen.

No clue, but it may as well be gamer food.

>it is the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, Netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums as well as a message on Tox about a link on Sup Forumstracker and praise Stallman for this blessing

fixed it for you

I start X and nothing is there. Just the background. No terminal. Can't find any hotkeys.

What's the point of this? The install was quite fast buy why give the option to start X if you have nothing you can do, and will just need to restart to get back to the terminal?

Right click

Does suspend to ram work when a laptop lid close event occurs? I have a bad feeling when I closed my laptop and put it into my bag, I might have forgotten to shutdown, which might have killed my fan.

just look if the sleep indicator led is on

There's no lid close hotkey

So what WM is this as default? screenfetch says not found

I can't, my thinkpads throwing a fan error and shuts down
So I probably fucked up. God dammit, I swore I shut it down because I loaded up wmaker to check porthole for some packages.

twm

Can I install this on a libreboot T420?

You can install it with Libreboot but T420 doesn't support Libreboot. Only Coreboot

btw if you have to ask for this, you probably shouldn't install Clover or Coreboot

I swear I read somewhere that it does, I was just trying to meme with a really stupid question.

Putting latest mupen64plus in binhost.

Aterm didn't build for some reason.

Certain packages built with the old CFLAGS.

Fixing everything now

Libreboot only for Core2. Core i won't work. Still needs proprietary blobs. Enter Coreboot.

Good to know.

comfy here
i want my distro back

google.com/search?q=afterstep&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

Are you implying that CloverOS is bloated?

Is it fit for daily usage?

Yes

Neat, but what are we looking at? Themes included with the distro package? Because I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Afterstep desktops

Where the anime tiddies at

Its only bloated with anime tiddy pictures

The booru archive is 1.5x the size of the CloverOS livecd

install source mage

Requesting pape of this

New livecd with those fixes: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170816.iso

>using jewgl
neck yourself retard

Looks pretty awesome OP, guess I'll download the live ISO. Just hope this isn't a literal botnet.

>guess I'll download the live ISO

52 minutes left, 322 KB/sec

You should distribute it by .torrent.

Use a local mirror

useast.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
uswest.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
fr.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
nl.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso
uk.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20170815.iso

Thanks!

It failed to detect my wifi-card desu. Is this normal behaviour?

wpa_gui
ifconfig
dmesg
/etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant start

Nope.

wpa_supplicant failed to start.

In dmesg it also can't seem to find my wificard.
I use a thinkpad T520 with
>Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)

if that is any help.

github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver

emerge gentoo-sources
git clone github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver
cd rtl8188ce-linux-driver

Yeah, I figured that out, but why post them here? Is it something we should be expecting to be added into the distro's customization or just showing us a resource? Because both are good.

You can emerge afterstep, but I just thought those pictures were cool.