/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mcwdn.org/Geometry/Area.html
head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he-400i-impressions-and-discussion.698974/page-533#post-12397986
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

>Not just strapping speakers to your ears
Why is this general such a joke?

>/hpg/ is degenerate

This. /hpg/ should do more of this

What's the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Kill yourself you poorfag

A piece of shit

>waiting for HD6XX

same bruh, just got my monoprice desktop amp i'll be using for it though.

Why can the first case fit a K701/2 but the second case cannot fit one at all (proven already with a pictured review)? I'm going to stick with the first one anyways, but I feel confused since second one looks bigger.

The roof for the second case is sloped down halfway, I'm guessing that's what ruins its fit for the AKG K701/2

Frequency response includes phase. Frequency response describes the linear entire system in terms of the variable called frequency. More importantly, using an equalizer will increase the phase accuracy. That is, assuming you are equalizing to remove coloration.

Please take a little effort to make the impedance calculations yourselves.
Even if you ignore the phase angle, look at the voltage drop.

mcwdn.org/Geometry/Area.html

I want to have a good mic but I don't want to buy audio interface for it. Is there a noticeable difference between AT2020 with audio interface and AT2020USB?

/hpg/, my headphone died on me and I'm a pleb, pls advise.
>Budget
Preferably around 50€, lower is better
>Location
Italy
>Source
Uh, my computer?
>Type of headphone
Fullsize.
>Open or closed
Maybe better closed. Doesn't matter that much, home use only.
>Comfort level
Very important.
>Sound signature
Neutral?
>Past headphones
Philips shp5400. I bought blind just because they were cheap, but good enough for me and they lasted years. Now I wanna look up my options before committing, even if I have a piddly budget.
I'm not really someone who breaks his shit, but sturdiness is a factor for me btw.

662 EVO

Save your money and listen to nothing until you can afford a pair of Sennheiser HD600s. And every second of every day that you languish in silence and want to cave in, take pride in the fact that you had the strength to endure and be rewarded for your determination with the best pair of headphones ever made.

>Guys! There's a meme I like and everyone should get it because I think it's good therefore it's better than anything else

>Take pride in the fact that you had the strength to endure and be rewarded for your determination
Or spend time and money on a nice speaker setup

This post is accurate.

This post has been debunked and is poorly sealed

this post is why I would never get an HD600

I bought a HD650. How much did I fucked up?

Not at all?

HD650s are also acceptable and patrician. In fact, anything in the same price range that measures the same as 600/650s and also ticks all the boxes like comfort, durability, style, and support, get my seal of approval. I just find 600s are the gold standard to which everything else is compared.

That's some real durability you got there.

Timestamp your clampy, snappy, kitchen counter HD600s instead of stinky raccoons

here we go again

Name a pair of headphones for the same price that perform better.

I'll wait.

But headphones are subjective? Now post
pic + timestamp pls

>Can't post pic+timestamp because he doesn't own them
>Asks rhetorical question instead

Name one (1) pair of headphones that snaps as easily as the HD 600's headband :^)

Today I will remind them.

sh-shut up...

I'm g-gonna buy a pair as soon as I can afford them, you'll see!

Oh yes! Hello! Glad to see you back, Sennheiser shill! Have you bought the headphones yet?

Excellent bass and neutral treble... Pssshhhhhhhh hahahahahahaahhaahahahabahahahhahaahabahah

Let me guess. Every graph that says otherwise is poorly sealed too? For Christ sake they're a mid centric headphone.

>user fell for literal meme cans
Don't worry, user. I won't go too hard on you :^)

BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHH

>Every graph that says otherwise is poorly sealed
Correct.
>they're a mid centric headphone.
Incorrect.

>Inb4 doesn't actually own the headphones

>everyone claims that the tripfag is the reason for the hd600 shilling.
>two threads in and the hd600 shilling continues

so /hpg/ is just pure cancer at this point right? Can mods just perma ban these threads already?

HD600s are widely recommended on /hpg/ and on the rest of the internet because they are the best headphones in their price range, user.

I say new board!

So about 75% of Sennheiser hd600 measurements, including the ones from massdrop, are just poorly sealed?

pls stahp hurting me
I just want to dream

Okay sennshill. I'm sure that's why most reviewers have gotten over them and have moved on to better headphones from other brands.

¿glomf?

Don't be too hard on yourself, user. I hope you didn't pay more than $100 for that thing

Is there a full-sized headphone currently in production which measures better than this?

... b-but they were new and--

Eh, as long as you like 'em user

I have no reaction for mfw

LCD-1

>1/3rd octave smoothing
Post the raw fqr, then say that.

They're okay. I bought them when there was no m50x released yet, so they're older than dirt. I've had to replace the pads twice because I've worn them like 8 hours a day for so many years. I mostly just listen to electronic and play games with them.

glomf

>EVERY. FUKKEN. TIME.

HD800 or HD800S?

Mr speakers ether c.

>currently in production
Unsmoothed graphs do not paint a different picture with regards to overall sound signature except in extremely rare cases and that graph shows no evidence of the kind of large, high-Q peaking which would represent said rare cases.

What headphones does Taiga use.

>He doesn't have the time and money to find the secret factory still producing them
Lmaoing at your life, poorfaggot.

New to this and in need of some guidance. I've researched far more than I should've and still can't make a goddamn decision

>Budget
between $100 and $300, but a bit flexible. If there's a suggestion that sounds right but is out of the price range that's good info, too

>Location
USA

>Source
Laptop, phone, game consoles. My setup's not exactly amp/DAC-friendly at the moment so I'd rather not bother but I'll take recommendations if you've got them

>Type of headphone
full-size/over-ear

>Open or closed
closed, for portability's sake

>Comfort level
I don't want to fuck with uncomfortable headphones

>Sound signature
Somewhere between neutral and warm. I don't want excessive muddiness or bass cannons or anything but I'd like a smoother sound. If there's a signature that you could describe as "comfy" then sign me the fuck up

>Past headphones
I've been using the Monster Inspirations I got as a gift a few years ago. I don't hate them and I'll probably keep them for noise cancelling but it's definitely time to move on

Ath-msr7

Put your trip back on, please.

Sony MDR-1a possibly. $200, comfy, look nice, good build, and have a relaxed warm sound. Normally MSR7 is the go to rec for portable closed, but they are kind of bright, not as comfy and not as well built, albeit it has a tighter more detailed sound. It's up to you

What?

>Being this paranoid over your personal boogeyman
Kek. What the fuck, dude? Are you serious?

>they're still this paranoid

did the tripcunt really hurt you that bad?

>Budget
50-120~ USD

>Location
USA

>Source
Desktop primarily

>Type
Full-size/over-ear

>Open or Closed
doesn't matter, which one do you prefer and why

>comfort level
important, i plan on using headphones for hours a day

>sound signature
Neutral mostly, wouldn't mind slightly bright. I mostly want a cleaner sound tho, so less bass and muddiness

>past headphones
apple earbuds. very new to headphones.

should i blow all my budget on a pair of headphones or go for a cheaper pair with an amp, im new too all of this.

Been using this EQ with my HE400i + HM5 pads for a while and it's damn good. I think I've finally reached something I'm happy with. If you have the HE400i definitely recommend giving it a shot.

head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he-400i-impressions-and-discussion.698974/page-533#post-12397986

status audio cb-1
shp9500s
ath-m40x

If you're using them outdoors or in a public environment I'd go with closed.

>anyone who doesn't agree with my borderline worship opinion is my personal boogeyman tripcunt named dipolar

It's priceless how he singlehandedly castrated the sennheiser shitposters. I hope he starts posting again soon.

SHP9500S

probably gonna check out the shp9500s. Open headphones have interested me and I don't plan on taking them outside of my desk area so it would be a great plus, thanks.

Probably just a temporary ban from that shitposting thread he made yesterday

Hope you like 'em, user

Nah brah right here, a customer ordered a pair of metro grand references so I was pretty much in the shop for about 16 hours straight.

Ayy, welcome back

On schedule.
You should be more careful with your non-standard word choice.
I don't like the HD600 too much.
I didn't even say which trip either.

>I didn't even say which trip either
Are you serious? There is Sennshill and DiPolar, and Sennshill saying that wouldn't make any fucking sense

>don't post for 16 hours
>people already accusing other anons of being me
>non standard word choices

It's bliss being a god. Don't worry you autistic pile of excrement, I still have to finish a customers speaker set so I won't be posting for another 24 hours and you can continue your aimless witchhunt.

Ayyyyy

peace faggots

nyaahh~, I missed you, senpai

>You should be more careful with you non-standard word choices
What the fuck, nigga? Read your shit again

^_^

You should have just gotten headphones that don't need EQ, like HD600.

Nah, that shit needs eqing too

ask a hd800 owner anything

Hey you're back, probably after ban evading. Ready to get big dicked by yours truly yet again?

Anyone that has painted their HD600s and got a pic?

HE400i are much faster and have lower distortion.

Can I bill your insurance for my chemotherapy? Your post gave me cancer.

Favorite album or song?

posted in the other thread, I'm looking to upgrade my Schiit Stack for my TH-X00s to something that has a a balanced output for when i get the cable modded to be removable/balanced. I was thinking about the Jotunheim w/the DAC module, any other suggested Balanced AMPs in the $400 range?

inb4 the faggot shilling the fulla 2 shows up

So are the HE400S really better than the HD600? Measurement wise they look superior and Tylll said they were better but I'm not convinced.

You're ill

Can I join in with the tripfagging too?

>Measurement wise they look superior
That's where your wrong kiddo.
Sure, I can generate you a trip if you want. As long as it's 5 chars or less.