Which is better between the two?

Which is better between the two?

GNOME. KDE is broken and bloated.

gnome had a bad rep for a while but its supposedly decent now.
Pretty sure everyone that liked Gnome switched to MATE tho, thats what i did.
its a matter of taste really!

>bloated
KDE uses half the RAM that GNOME does

I was a KDE diehard, using KDE Neon, Kubuntu, and Manjaro KDE. Kept having issues, finally tried Manjaro GNOME. I have never looked back, and my $400 Dell from Wal-Mart doesn't bog down from whatever "bloat" GNOME supposedly has.

xfce wins every tiem

KDE is my favorite DE. I particularly like its peripherals. Unfortunately every time I try to use it, after a few days it'll stop recognizing my external monitor. Then it'll start recognizing it again and the resolution will be incorrect. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. I don't like gnome nearly as much, but with a handful of extensions it becomes tolerable, and I haven't ever had any issues with it not working.

I think what I miss most is dolphin. I could install it on gnome, but then I'd have to put up with the 70 or so dependancies that come with it, and I like to keep my package count as low as possible for posting in screenfetch threads before they get pruned :^)

btw I use arch

gnome

Pantheon is the best Linux desktop environment

Pantheon is the worst Linux desktop environment

Oh, I see you're using GNOME. I use KDE myself and I know I should switch, but... old habits die hard!

Only degenerate normies use guis

KDE is by far the best looking GUI for GNU. Everything else is stuck in 2010-

This

>no thumbnails in file picker

Literally fake news

KDE Plasma. It's lighter and more customizable.

It's not 2010 anymore.

KDE isn't bloated.

Mine has :^)

KDE, gnome is a bugged piece of shit

been using gnome for the first time in like 5 years. on the surface it is not that bad but holy shit it can be retarded.
granted there are ways around everything but I expect certain basics to be a couple steps away. I should not have to setup a script to resize my wallpaper or orient it.
I prefer KDE but i'll torture myself for awhile before I make the call.

Whichever has that cute dragon on its logo

My thoughts.

>using a de

>using a computer

KDE. Unfortunately most bistrobutors don't configure it correctly, ootb.

Gnome is a joke, KDE is the new hotness.

KDE Plasma is absolutely the best. It's lighter than Gnome (using much less RAM). It's massively more featureful and customisable. It has the best gaming performance when you disable the compositor. And the KDE team is constantly communicating, incorporating feedback, and pushing to make things better and better.

The only issue with KDE Plasma is that most distributors (e.g. Ubuntu) don't package it properly, which creates this incorrect idea that it's bloated. Those bad distros end up pulling in all sorts of dependencies that you don't actually need. Good rolling distros like Arch are great with KDE Plasma.

Honestly, Gnome is utter shit now. It does barely anything out of the box, and to actually get it into a usable state, you have to rely on tons of shitty/buggy third-party extensions written by random people and not properly tested.

Not to mention how the Gnome team are constantly working against the Linux community, not giving a shit about anyone else and only themselves. Take a look at what they've been doing with GTK for example.

Screw Gnome.

KDE

KDE.

Gnome 3 a shit

XFCE>KDE>Cinnamon>LXDE>GNOME>>>Unity

Honestly, Unity is better than Gnome. They're both pretty similar, but at least Unity comes with actual features out of the box instead of needing bad extensions.

I just don't like unity

You've never really gave unity a chance did you?
I despised it when it first came out.
>fucking tablet DE
After lxde bugs drove me to xfce tearing which drove me to kde crashes, I finally relented with 16.04. Took me a while but it's actually the bees-knees. Now that I'm finally comfortable with it, canonical is gonna axe it. Fuck gnome3, tried it once on a livecd, never again. Unusable garbage.

If you live in a fantasy world where you ABSOLUTELY have to choose between these two, go for GNOME. More stable, more support for it.

If you live in, you know, the real world, just go for Xfce.

gnome jumped the shark with version 3
KDE is probably better at this point, but I wouldn't really know since I'm using mate.

GNOME 3 uses more resources, has fewer features and is less stable than KDE.

GNOME 3 is the biggest mistake ever made in the Linux desktop, and refusal to acknowledge that fact is the reason it isn't getting better.

kde if you like to use the keyboard
gnome if you like to watch animations

KDE.

Lumina.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Circumflex*

Personally I say gnome with dash to dock
But hell it's just me

they are both so shit that even a kiddy project like xfce seems excellent compared to these shitty projects. gnome should fire their "UX/UI designers".

his girlfriend is danish, not dutch.

it's not my image do you want me to fix it user?

sure. What is the last word in the sentence "is a corporate"?

>Best file manager
>Best window manager
>Best ootb multi monitor support
>Mouse accel control
>Resizable file picker thumbnail view
>Movable panel
>Own superior Qt framework
>Not cucked by pajeets at Redhat
>Superior HiDPI settings
>Special window settings for each program
>Embedded terminal in Dolphin (Hello, terminal based FMlet cucks)
>Been there longer than GNOME
>Not burdened with shitty ignorant devs
>God tier font config
>God tier window decoration
>Miller columns
>Own software for literally everything
>Active development
>Used by CERN
Heh, GNOME is now irrelevant now that Cinnamon is out.

Every time winkids cry for some specific features that your GNOME shit missing it's the KDE fags that rescue you from your utter humiliation.

Cons:
Doesn't run well on poorfag hardware from 2005.
Workaround:
>Don't be poor
>Disable desktop effects

>File Picker

corporate.
If not I don't know what you were meaning to say.

Have the fixed dual monitor support in kde? It was basically broken last year.

I would love Xfce but I find Thunar to be utter garbage.

>polished wardrope
Pls correct once more

Anything but GNOME.
I don't mind KDE, but I hardly ever use most of it's features.
I like to change things up now and then, both distro and UI.

you can use XFCE without using Thunar you know

GNOME does that too you know

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ______

Robot is egyptian

GNOME has no maintainer for gedit atm.

i3

GNOME is written in C so it's better than KDE despite what you think is "bloat"

>written in C so it's better

ran kde neon and it crashed constantly. same with kubunt, debian with kde, mint kde etc fuck em

>kubunt, debian with kde, mint kde

Use Arch with Plasma. Plasma works best on rolling distros. Not to mention Ubuntu has it packaged horribly.

>Not to mention Ubuntu has it packaged horribly.
This, and knowing plebian, same here.

If I had to use one if would be Gnome. Last time I tried KDE it was unstable. If you can handle the instability of Windows 10, you might like KDE. It's similarly unstable.

If you want a reliable mainstream DE, Gnome or Unity (while it lasts) are good choices.

Opposite experience here. Plasma is solid as a rock, whereas Gnome and Unity are horribly unreliable.