Notification from Arbys

On a whim I went to Arbys for the first time in like three years, did the drive through, and then an hour later I get a notification on my phone

>Tell us about your recent Arby's experience

There is no "arby's app", nor any other generic 3rd party restaurant app or anything else. This is a vanilla S7 phone that doesn't even have facebook or twitter accounts activated on it. I have location service disabled for all apps that don't need it.

Other than google maps, what kind of canned google bullshit is in this phone that will alert a fast food giant that I went through their drive through lane via GPS?

Do other fast food places do this? Is this a normal thing for people who eat out a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_applications
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/preinstalled-malware-targets-android-users-of-two-companies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>for apps that don't need it
You got it enabled for maps though don't ya?

Been a thing for a while on most normie Android phones in my experience. All phones are botnets get over it

Google asks me to review stuff if I go there via Maps. Not just food, could be any place of business. Maybe you haven't yet disabled location services so it's tracking even when you don't use Maps.

The "fast food giant" hasn't been alerted. Google is asking you for a review.

Does it even function without it? Is there a 3rd party map app that can work off GPS only without google botnet?

Here WeGo

>Is there a 3rd party map app that can work off GPS only without google botnet?

Look into some of the apps that use openstreetmap data

wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_applications

Nice thanks

>I get a notification
From what app. There's no such thing as "just a notification" on Android. I call bullshit and Arby's advertisement until you provide this info.

Google maps can automatically notify you to say leave a review of a certain place that you've visited for instance. I'm guessing it was something similar with OP.

i wouldn't believe it to be the specific case but there's a lot of phones that connect to just any public wifi they find in order to "save you from using data", from there any of the services on your phone could be putting two and two together

This. You can just long press the notification to find out what made it and also disable notifications from that app.

If that's actually the case there are many ways it could locate him without GPS. Like wi-fi or cell towers.

You're on an iPhone. You know there's not Google stuff built in, apart from syncing.

If you could read and not just look at pictures you'd see you are wrong.

>You can just long press the notification to find out what made it
It was too late. I hit the "FUCK OFF" button the clear notifications. I am sure there is a notification log in android somewhere.

The notification itself was an Arbys logo not from any app currently installed. So yea I am thinking it was google maps doing it's usual google stuff.

That was (((Google's))) Physical Web probably.

I mean waze has ads built in

arby's is way too expensive for what little you get and I have to imagine that it has only gotten worse

I walked into one like ten years ago and got a tiny roast beef sandwich for $4. I don't go to fastfood anymore, so I'm completely out of touch with fast food prices but I want to imagine that even today you could get a big premium burger for $4 anywhere else.

I'll just go down to the deli section of any grocery store, pick up a pound of roast beef for $8 and fresh hot french bread for a dollar and go home and make 6 or 7 big sandwiches for the cost of two of Arby's tiny ones.

read the news kids, we're all fucked, quit it w the google meme. arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/preinstalled-malware-targets-android-users-of-two-companies/

Well I doubt it'll be a one time thing, for better or worse.

they literally sell roast beef sandwiches for a dollar

when I crossed the border into mexico a little south of san diego, I got an SMS saying welcome to Mexico and I wondered wtf. I had a smartphone but it was basically as private as can be, location turned off, no social media/spyware apps, etc. I figure the mexican government just had something monitoring cell towers and when I came into range, I was sent a text, but it always weirded me out

Google maps asks you to rate the places you go to so people looking up places on google maps can see a rating. Its not arbys.

it's ur phone dumbass, galaxy's are botnet

that happens everywhere. its your phone company letting you know about the dismal disparity in pricing between home and international roaming charges. happens as soon as you connect to a foreign cell tower like crossing the border or turning off airplane mode when you land

Did you use a card?

You left your wifi on and connected to their open network, which read your number and model.

this is why i like iphone mac adress randomisation

but seriously has anyone ever considered it was a liscence plate scanner ? i mean thats a big sign telling you who you are right in view of multiple cameras on their property ?

does anyone read other post here or just reply to OP?
galaxy s7 along with a few other androids are "botnet" out the box.
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/preinstalled-malware-targets-android-users-of-two-companies/

do you think they know if you connect to the wifi? or just if you use your CC there and arby's tells google?

arbys has all sliders, small curly fries, small drinks, and small shakes for $1 weekdays between 2-5pm where i live