I was 100% expecting Google to take over the world...

I was 100% expecting Google to take over the world. How the fuck did Amazon suddenly become the most powerful tech company in the last few years?

Tendency of the rate of profitability in an investment to fall.

SJW takeover.

Google is an ad company. They work for Amazon.

buying whole foods

What can you get on amazon.com.br?

companies that actually make money use AWS.

Nipple shields and condoms

Sopa de macaco

Because everything you find in stores can be bought for a lower price on Amazon

UMA DELICIA

they start out by having good deals till they build enough loyalty and they start pricing you at retail prices. newegg did that and now they are dying off because they thought they could jew us.

This.
Why go to shitty best buy for a simple SSD and get hounded by pushy store associates, when I can buy the same equipment for cheaper on amazon, at my own pace and with limited advertising?

Xen

Only books and e-readers from now.

> (OP)
>Xen
Yes. I mean fucking Amazon hosts imgur... Two of the top 15 sites in the world

We can buy everything from Amazon us with a mere tax of 200%

>go to a big electronic shop
>you have this?
>reee get out you faggot nerd we don't have this shit, buy this instead its not even close to what you wanted but take it
>go to amazon
>just buy what i wanted
and then you wonder why they got rich

>Google is an ad company.
/thread

Google have significant competition in everything they do. It really should not be a surprise that they aren't completely dominant.

Jeff got more good boy points from Obama before Drumpf came along. Spend wisely I guess.

It's only big in us

Dumb fucks who think amazon makes most of their profits from physical product sales and not web services lolol

Yes I'm sure amazon is worth 90 billion because they host a lot. Not because they compete with every retail store in the US.

Are they? They have pretty low profit margins and all their businesses except AWS have stiff competition. They're literally e-walmart without the ability to set prices outside of ebooks.

No not search and Ads. Google has 85% of search market and USA and 95% in the EU. They have about 50% of the ad market with facebook owning another 30%. I remember reading that they make 80cents on the dollar in profits from ads. Problem with google is that that they're only good at search/ads with everything else pretty much flopping. Amazon is better at starting other businesses such as AWS and a host of small product companies few people even know about.

Reminder to start lifting and stay hydrated anons

It'll make you look better than anything else you can do

When us-east-1 goes down, the world goes down kiddo.

amazon wont take over. They still have stiff competition from walmart. If walmart decides to use their stores for same day shipping they might take a good chunk of the e-commerce market away from amazon. Just putting that unsupported thought out there.

UN-JUST

Amazon sells physical products along with digital products user

Amazon has a much more stable business model. Not to mention that they've probably has to spend infinitely less on research and development.

Google relies on ads and while it's a much bigger name, it doesn't necessarily make money for the services it provides.

>Google
Too many morons work there now.
>MUH DIVERSITY
>MUH BLACK WOMYN
>MUH AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
>MUH EQUALITY FOR MENTALLY ILL
>MUH NORMAL PEOPLE HATE

Google's dead.

That feel when neither best buy nor hhgregg has the components I need

There are no microcenters near me

So I have to use amazon or newegg, the physical retailers fucked themselves out of the market

I don't even care

I see nothing wrong with @rakyll besides the hair coloration

You see nothing wrong with a man pretending to be a woman?

Jess, Liz, fatneckbeardguy, and Danielle should be genocided. The other four I just don't want to talk to.

I think the sales from Prime Membership helps them stay afloat. Plenty of people bought Prime Membership and they feel obligated to buy more from Amazon since they want to utilize the benefits.

unlike google, they have tangible products.

>Amazon is better at starting other businesses
Because they understand that people have to want or need it enough to pay for it. Most silicon valley companies don't get it, see: Discord, who'll probably be dead within an year unless their investors are really that fucking dumb.

>hey guys what if walmart stopped being retarded
???

She was the one literally shaking from the Google memo.

Amazon has been allowed to reinvest all of its profits into new business areas and keep growing because it had only a few missteps so far (e.g. Fire Phone).

But, there will come a point where Amazon will make a big mistake and incur huge losses as it has happened to every company that followed Amazon's model.

Whether Amazon's investors will be happy with Amazon continuing to use profits from profitable units to fund new, as yet unprofitable businesses is to be seen as American investors aren't very patient (e.g. Motorola being split up into god knows how many companies at this point after $5B loss from failed the Iridium satellite phone project).

Amazon sells products AND user info. Google gives products away for free and sells user info.

Also, there's not really a good online competitor to Amazon, whereas pretty much every Google service except youtube has options that are more private, more secure, and free (like Protonmail vs Gmail).

>No not search and Ads
That's because ads is funding crazy money burning experiments like Waymo, Earth, Maps, AlphaGo, etc.

High wages make a better brand that Wal-Mart

he still looks gay

t. gay expert

Because Google cares about diversity and making sure everyone feels good while Jeff treats his employees like shit and wants to replace them with robots so he can take over the world.

>Google is an ad company.
Nobody use adsense anymore, everybody use obscure networks because they bypass adblockers with machine learning

well yeah, i dated your dad.

lazy bait is lazy

Still gotta get the user info somewhere. Between youtube, gmail, and google, there's a literal trove of data to sell.

still gonna find shit to fuckin get adblock work, fuck ads

I don't see any black women on that list. Hell I'd take a regular old black person over those 8 nut jobs.

Google isn't good at completing things.
Google glass.
Boston dynamics.
All the shit Google x is doing.

They haven't been able to move out of what made them big.
Amazon moved into phones, tablets, ereaders, online sales, then online fashion, etc.
In online sales, they have double or triple market share their competitors.

Difference is starting a new project and completing it. What has Google done with YouTube that has made it better or more popular? Subscription and live services is a copy off twitch, YouTube TV is copy of sling.