/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General:

/Cyb/er/sec/urity general is for the discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

What is cyberpunk?
>pastebin.com/jS37Vu7A

Nothing to hide? - The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.
>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

Resources:
Cyberpunk:
Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/9JaJFqB2
Cyberpunk resources:
>pastebin.com/7DWCsAc8

Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity essentials:
>pastebin.com/JWx5xeEM
Cybersecurity resources:
>pastebin.com/NaUPUDF0

Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN!
Shit just got real: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe

The Old Skool: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

IRC:
Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Sup Forumspunk - Requires SSL
>#Sup Forumssec - Requires SSL
IRC guide:
>pastebin.com/bh3Uyq3a

Thread archive:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Thread backup:
>cyberpunked.org/

Previous thread:
Suggestions for new resources are welcome.
The Gentoomen /sec/ community is looking for CTF team members, contact them at the IRC channel.

OP message:
Cybersecurity is and will only become more of a vital skill to have a masterful grasp upon.
Be diligent and daring

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(1988_film)
derive.tokyo/
bookdepository.com/Building-Virtual-Machine-Labs-Mr-Tony-V-Robinson/9781546932635
scholarworks.rit.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8670&context=theses
pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ctrl+f dnscrypt
>0 results

to the trash it goes

Where exactly?
If you mean the thread, it has only just been posted.

saging

Ah, you're a dickhead.
Noted, thank you.

Kinmoza is surprisingly good, despite the fact it really isn't my usual cup of tea.

Karen-chan best waifu.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cyber security

ok chummers, drink

This must be a thread meme/tradition by now.

In a Cyberpunk world, Cybersecurity is power.

It used to make me so angry. Now I can't call a thread complete without seeing it and smiling

which is more fun, offensive or defensive security

There it is

Which is more fun in an RTS

I've never played an rts

This.
It just isn't a /cyb/ /sec/ thread without it.

I like offensive, but setting shit up is kinda fun too

they both boil down to extremely tedious checklisting

Life is an RTS. The answer depends on what you find more exciting. Breaking down other people's walls, or building the biggest, baddest wall to begin with?

>>akira
What?

>Akira
Is a great classic cyberpunk feature-length anime:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(1988_film)

I know what Akira is, but why would you quote me and say ">akira" is beyond my understanding.

So we could plug Akira in this thread.
Thank you for your help, user.

I have watched and read the Akira anime and manga. I don't understand why it is considered so good desu. Same thing with NGE, it was good, but not that great. I guess you kind of have to understand the zeigeist of anime at the time to appreciate them.

Someone knows a decent password cracking (brute force) toolkit, like dictionary generator and stuff like that?

crunch and hydra

Serious question, is "cyberpunk mindset" also supportive of a technocratic government?

I'm trying to run zeronet, but when the page opens in my browser(I've tried multiple browsers), it just loads forever. Any ideas?

Well, punk subcultures are anti-establishment in origin, so no, I wouldn't say they were overly compatible.
At most, you would be looking at a minarchist technocracy.

Give up. Zeronet is trash compared to I2P and Freenet.

Also, use a VPN your ISP might also be trash.

This.

>Zeronet is trash compared to I2P and Freenet.
why?

>tfw every wireless network around me has a SINGLE entity on it
>tfw cannot capture any decent handshakes because they are never active when I'm awake
>tfw no gpu passthrogh to use hashcat

>"Hey neighbor, my router died and $ISP can't get me a new one until next week, can I use your wi-fi for the weekend?"
>get password
>connect
>pwn his router

so how would you chummers feel if the right wingers decide to congregate in alt-nets?
it would be great way to stress test the alter-nets, but can't help think that they will be marred in the eyes of people who can't separate the tool from the person using it.
and not an apologist for that ideology, detest it very much, but don't think that's very relevant.

I mean it's already known for terrorists and pedophiles, so right wingers aren't any worse.

What happened to the whole edgy anarchist scene?

it's kinda shocking with the alt-right's recent uproar over Google. First the memo and then refusing to have anything to do with the Daily Stormer (which is already a hidden service). Like, oh, NOW you realize that large tech companies are surveillance operations and aren't necessarily your friend? If you had two brain cells to rub together you would have figured that out ten years ago. I predict a lot of them will be getting fucked regardless due to poor opsec.

also this

yeah was kinda funny seeing the uproar they had when they found out their shit wasn't allowed in the walled gardens anymore and they got kicked out of the proprietary services.

I do not like the complete abundance of german music on cyberadio

just listen to ninja tune stuff and quit complaining

>Zeronet is trash compared to I2P and Freenet.
I've found the opposite. Zeronet is much, much faster and has better UI. There isn't a lot of content yet, but I think it'll end up being much better than at least Freenet

> leave machine running
> kick them out of their wifi by script every 5 min, so they don't get *that* suspicious
> ???
> profit!

everyone is older than 12 now

columbine

>ninja tune stuff
what

derive.tokyo/

sexy

My take on this is that Akira was what brought anime into the Western mainstream. Some cyberpunk points are
- high tech, after all this is in Neo Tokyo
- dystopia with bike gangs made up of low life teenagers with no hope
- thus "high tech low life"
- a weak government, somehow the military seems to have had the larger part of the running power
- some cybernetic implants used on those in "storage"

The point of darknets are to be full of content you can't find/host on clearnet.

Zeronet's UI is fresh, sleek, and tighter than the highschool girl I lost my virginity to, but it's go absolutely no fucking content worth mentioning.

If it gets adopted, that might change. But this shit's been up for years.
See above. It's just a gimmick at this stage.

has anyone got a pdf of this

bookdepository.com/Building-Virtual-Machine-Labs-Mr-Tony-V-Robinson/9781546932635

Looked around: no.

It's on kindle unlimited though and they're giving out free 30-day trials which include a shitload of free ebooks (including yours).

aye good idea dude, cheers

That's a beautiful image, but too cheerful for a cyberpunk OP.

We got jobs.

This.
It was good for its time.

Sad ironic and true

our parents were right; it was just a phase

Last week, while I was exiting my office building to get lunch I talked to a hobo and offered to buy him lunch in exchange for a story because I was depressed like you wouldn't believe.
He said he'd wait for me outside of the sandwitch shop while I'd buy, but I saw him run away in the window.
I must reek of coprdrone.

>I must reek of coprdrone.
didnt realise it was a crime to buy a fella a meal

I meant corpdrone but yeah
guy probably thought I was crazy

We should become digital nomads together, user.

Sure once my ancestors kick the bucket and I get that sweet real estate rent money. If my sister doesn't hog all the good ones and leave me the ones only good to be sold.
For now it's droning 5/7 and car nomading on week ends.

Adulthood is great!

The pic you posted is concept art for Blade Runner, created by Syd Mead. So it's Los Angeles.

Thanks, it was indexed in an archive I pulled from one of these threads a while ago, a collection of cyberpunk pictures.
Thank you for the correction.

Snow Crash concept art:
scholarworks.rit.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8670&context=theses

This shit general needs to die

You need to die. Nigger.

Why does it?
Intimidated by people actually getting along?

should I be running ntp on an embedded linux device which is going to act as a hardware firewall or should i just remove it with all the other bloat?

doesnt seem like a bad idea, having something to ensure the time is accurate, but it would also be the only listening network service on the device besides ssh

no point running ntp unless your network is synching with it

good idea anyway since itll reduce duplicate logs if your times out

is there another option to ensure its clock is kept correct? My experience with other embedded devices is that they tend to have the clock become inaccurate after being left alone for so long.

nothing form network will sync with it, but timing is rather important for the accuracy of logs

if the device is that shitty it cant keep a constant time, why the fuck are you employing it as a firewall?

This.
Don't buy shitty hardware.

Copy pasted you into a Sup Forums topic, somewhat decent discussion going on.

Sorry I'm retarded I'll try again

obviously im bored because ive decided to start going through linux from scratch

why are you posting that here

>Wanting to be on the clearnet
>Smart
Pick one.

>pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe
Unable to connect.

>pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe
Well, I can.

What's an alternative to pi-hole.

What. Why can't I connect.

Maybe your DNS refuses to resolve it, because the information contained within is too enlightening?

Honestly is there more advantages to encrypting my partition on my laptop apart from that the data can't be seen when the laptop gets stolen (implying that they can't get in)?

I hope this fits the thread:
I have a fiber optics net with some shitty Huawei modem I can't get any access to. My ISP even automatically firewalled all incoming connections even coming from my internal network. Between no access to the modem and it being Huawei, how fucked am I? Would getting an OpenWRT router mitigate anything at all? If so, what is the current recommended modem around 25-30 bucks?

I'm an absolute retard when it comes to netsec, so sorry if I don't make sense.

I dunno, but maybe you can access the pristine contents of said partition if you ever recover your laptop.

Would you rather deposit your money at a bank that puts your money in a safe or underneath the furniture cushions during closed hours? I dunno...

how do you wanna penetrate and destroy something that you dont know how its build?

>Cyberpunk
There's hardly any cyber in it.
Akira is Neon-dystopia.

What's wrong with pihole

I hate to break it to you, buddy, but that is cyberpunk:
>High tech?
Check.
>Low life?
Check.
Oh look, cyberpunk!

In what way is incorrect?

Don't pay attention to him, he doesn't know that those things are effectively synonymous.

Large image collection of our favourite major:
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/motoko_gits/
username and pw: guest

You never fail to please, FTP user.

how would you rate hide.me as a vpn? is it safe or botnet? on one of the vpn reviews it scored pretty highly but i wanted Sup Forumss thoughts on it

who /crypto/ here?