Are you fa/g/s ready for Coffee Lake

Are you fa/g/s ready for Coffee Lake

>another skylake release
woah

I sure as hell am ready for their 3rd fucking platform this year, now back to work JUSTnich.

Im staying with 6700k/Windows 8.1

More like Coffin Lake lmao.

>amdtard
>frog edit
checks out

>8th Gen Intel Processor will only be compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, MacOS High Sierra.
>attempts to run deprecated or non-free operating systems will render your processor inoperable and your warranty void.

You forgot your HEDT gaming benchmark graphs uma delicia.

>a quad core i3
>a quad core i3
>a quad core i3
and did I mention,
a FUCKING QUAD CORE UNLOCKED i3

who else hyped for 8?

intel is

This nigga gets it

What exactly are Intel's plans here? Coffee Lake for desktop in the coming weeks, 10nm Cannon Lake relegated to laptops only later this year, then Ice Lake for desktop again in 1H 2018?

cannon lake probably only laptops because they want to make sure the processor won't blow up on a desktop tdp

The best case scenario on the medium/long run would be if intel would almost catch up to ryzen on multi-processing, but not quite.

AMD needs to continue the good work, and can't lose the thin market share it has

Intel wont let it lose for the sake of anti trust laws.

LMFAO... wtf is this shit desu?!?!?!
Are marketing departments literally skimming Sup Forums for meme material to make their brand stronger.

This is the most cringeworthy use of numerics I've ever seen. To add on to cringe, it seems they borrowed a meme from /pol and are launching on 8/21.

8th generation announced on 8/8/2017...
And then this video..

And then they're doing this to launch corelet processors...
> tune in world for the game changing 8th generation of computing
> corelets (4/4.. 4/8) shit you had 2-4 years ago.

Will intel still use semetic jizz or an actual solder?

I'd wager all my shekels that they won't solder it like they should. In their view overclockers aren't really a segment worth bothering about too much. If making them unhappy saves a buck, they don't really care, they'll come out ahead on the gorillion CPUs sold to non-overclockers even if they lose enthusiast sales.

have you seen their slides?

>r3 1200

I see where the diversity hires have gone to

Apple normies tho, with new mac thiner than cocks dick they are maxing out their ability not to applefire and shlomo spunk doesn't help it either.

Those don't use desktop chips with heatspreaders. Those are a.) custom-ordered (you get to do that when you buy a million chips a year), and b.) bare-die, like Socket A Athlons and flip-chip Pentium 3s used to be, once upon a time. Apple adds its own shitty-ass thermal compound.

>Another goddamned socket change
No I'm waiting for 7nm Ryzen

Having another rushed, overpriced housefire would be funny, but I'd start to get worried to be honest. I'd rather they bring out something good.

Yes, will be upgrading my i7-3770k, depending on how good the 8700k will be.. otherwise I'll wait for the next best thing.

I am pretty hype for mainstream 6-core with intel-tier ipc

I'm glade 6 core is going mainstream we have had 4 core for too long.

I know this is irony coming from a 6700k owner

>promised >30% performance over last generation
>add 2 cores from the last generation and use the same architecture
Seems legit

the memes for this cpu are the best ever. Covfefe and coffin lake, kek

A chip release each year keeps the goyim in fear.

Three Intel blazing funerals in the same year. This truly is the best timeline.

will they actually void warranty if I install Windows 7 with coffee lake?

unless the allow bx50 motherboards to oc it won't matter if it's unlocked. also who buys intel cpu to overclock?

Ready!!!!

SOPA

Intel doesn't give a shit, it's Microsoft that's butthurt about people using 7.

good enough desu

4 + 2 cores + higher base clocks (-thermal throttling) = 30% better performance

I also have a 6700k. It was time to upgrade last year because I was using 16GB all the time on my 2600k for work and work offered to buy me a new desktop... I wish I could of had a 1950x and 64GB instead of what I have now, a 6700k and 64GB. The temps aren't even great with the custom loop I have with a huge ass thick 280mm radiator and 4x cougar fans.

why should I upgrade from a 4790k

You shouldn't.

Should i from a 2600k?

i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz

overclocks like a champ, some are hitting 4.8ghz. no temp issues. handles all my workloads with no issue

kaby lake was better, but they should have capped the overclock at 4.8 because of the temperature issues. it's like shooting a not of nitrous through a performance car and then being surprised with it blows up

The memes are making themselves up...

Go for a cheap Ryzen then upgrade to zen2

That looks like some low budget history channel show's transition slide

will completely BTFO ryzen

Is the 8th Gen Intel series powering the DPRK's nuclear program?

>what is ryzen?

This is actually a big release as it'll have 6 or perhaps even 8 cores for the mainstream, and probably cheap 4 cores for low end. They might compete against AMD in multithreaded performance again while already having them beat singlethreaded.

let the idiots spend their money

Yeah I love house fires.

They won't beat them in single threaded though, or not by much. The only reason they could before was because wow, you can clock a 4 core a lot higher than an 8 core. They won't be able to maintain those clock speeds with more cores.

This is cringeworthy. Like they hired some 60 year old whose still trapped in the 80s. I think we get it 8 cores

Single core performance is shit compared to Intel.

No, because Intel actually need to be pressured into innovation instead of farting out rebranded and artifically created products.

If by shit you mean '95% as good' then sure.
Oh, and '95% as good' compared to the 7700k and other high-clock intel processors. It beats intel on IPC, IE, if they're both at 4GHz, Ryzen wins hands down.
It also uses less power.

if all you do is gaymen then no

Of course. All computers in the DPRK is run on intel computers. You think intel would pass on from a buck.

yeah plus you won't get free mayonese with AMD

Is its price same or lower compared with Ryzen 5's price?

>if they're both at 4GHz, Ryzen wins hands down
But they're not both at 4GHz. You won't even reach 7700K baseclock of 4.2GHz with an OC'd Ryzen.

The what?

>Not having a delid kit
It's like you don't want free performance.
If these things were soldered you could get 5 GHz out of box.
I run 7700k delided 5 GHz max temps 65c. It's bad we need to delid but these fuckers can oc to moon

Geh weg, Bauer.

I'm a 165hz gaymer so ryzen is no need to me. I recommend the 1600 to people but myself but I'm in the tier just above that.

8700k is 3.7Ghz base and is not going to clock higher than 4.5Ghz in everyday usable overclocking. That's not a big advantage over 4Ghz.

The reason Intel sells so well even when AMD is better, is their image of being "the best", which they have partly from enthusiasts. If they piss of the enthusiasts, those people are going to tell everyone they know to buy AMD, and they in turn will tell everyone they know "the tech guy in the family says you shouldn't buy Intel anymore" and so on. If they keep doing this they'll eventually lose majority marketshare.

Or Intel are right and the majority of consumers are fucking retarded and buy whatever they last saw in an ad featuring Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

7800x already oc near to 5ghz so it's definitely possible with a delid.

Only if you are retarded or believe amd marketing.
Clocked both same Intel still wins. Amd IPC is almost like haswell, it's around sandy bridge.

so an i5k?

It's not out. The specs are not out.
Besides, 4.5 over 4.0 is a pretty sizeable advantage and the 8c 7820X already showed it can reach that easily. High power draw, sure, but it still means even their 6/8 core models will be able to beat AMD just fine in singlethreaded, just like Kaby Lake.

you get free poo instead

>it's around sandy bridge.
SOPA?

I'm waiting for the 15th generation which should be out in about a month at this rate
>MOAR SKU's .jpg

>Delid

So.... you mean the Ryzen 1600?

Skylake now with MOAR CORES. What is that cuck spamming 4 core is the sweet spot before the Ryzen release is doing now?

In your dreams Abraham

>tfw bought 6700k and 8xxx bullshit is already on the way
should I even care tho?

~12% faster for ~50% higher price is not a big advantage.

7800x review samples topped out at ~4.7 Ghz and nobody was actually able to keep it below 95°C at those speeds.
Coffe Lake will be just as hot but with even smaller surface area to dissipate the heat.

Its Intel, what do you think?

>Intel Inside
Made me chuckle

>implying gaymin is actually a high tier usage of PCs
Take your shitty toya back to where you belong underage retard

In all seriousness, wait for this to release or just buy R5 1600 right now?

>triggered pajeet

Get the 1600 right now, upgrade to 7nm Zen2/3 in a few years on same motherboard

AMD is going to respond with price drops and/or new SKUs that clock slightly higher. I would wait.

I wouldn't expect Coffee Lake to be amazing, but waiting doesn't hurt. It's less than a week.

>implying dicking around in Linux and complaining on Sup Forums that your CS degree makes it impossible to get a job is high tier usage of PC's

And for the record no one gives a shit about ram usage unless you are too retarded to have bought 16GB which is the standard amount these days.

>if the current trend continues, we will see core i13 10770k CPUs this time next year

If Intel doesn't make coffee lake 200 series compatible I will never buy Intel again. Fucking kikes.

Made me laugh, ill give you that.

Ice lake? will take quite a while to intel release those chips.
Luckly, they won't be stupid enough to release some sort of stop gap solution.

Desktop Ice Lake will be out in mid to late 2018.
>buying coffeememe
>not waiting for superior 10nm Ice Lake

>waiting for shit that won't even be faster
lul.

People are going to fuck themselves over just like they did when they bought the 7700k meme only for superior coffeelake to come out 9 months later. If you already have a 4 core 8 thread Intel, there's LITERALLY no reason not to wait for Icelake which will be out this time next year.