How many of you actually pay for your internet?

how many of you actually pay for your internet?

I know I do. 85 a month for 105, looking to jump to the new Gigabit package my ISP has. Only downside is its another 40 a month, and I don't think I'd really get a dramatic benefit from the jump, since the only thing I ever use huge amounts of data for is pulling games from my various digital locker services.

>falling for the gigabit meme
OY VEY!

how the fuck else would I get internet? I get bent over the barrel by shitcast for $115 a month for 75/12

Like I said, not sure about making the jump. All the wireless kit in my house is still N600 too, so I'd need to get AC1750 adapters for two computers, plus replace my lovely reliable Belkin router, and to be frank, I've got better shit to drop 200 dollars on right now.

Thanks for reminding me to feed Comcast my money again.

Enjoi you're b& ;^)

Night night

>not using your neighbors wifi
easy if its wep, wpa, or that passwordless shit feature

I just wait a couple of months till they cut my internets before I pay.

Non payment fear
Keeps the goyim dear

It's funny because he's using someone else's internet

To those with high speed internet, what exactly do you do with it? Can you actually utilize your bandwidth? What else do you do with it outside of shitposting?

What's it to you?

>he doesn't permaseed all the obscure weeb trash he torrents from the deepest depths of forgotten private trackers

why are you even on Sup Forums bro

Cantenna pullin nets from a far

I do but there's no way my neighbor steals my wifi even if he has the pass he doesn't connect.

I can't even understand such life priorities. Seek help.

nice dubs but youre still a normietron

normies waste their lives away indulging in meaningless, shallow entertainment

hmmm

I do. 35 eurobux for comfy 50 mbits.
Doesn't get better than that.

Holy hell. Where do you live?
I've got Commiecast myself and I'm paying ~$60 for 200/10.

I'm Aussie, and I unironically pay $208 for 2MB/s down, 0.8 up (plus unlimited calls to anywhere in the cunt)

There are no other providers in my area, but I got a stable job with good pay & benefits, with the Sheila moving closer soon. Otherwise, I'd consider moving to a more populated area for the chance at better internet at cheaper rates.
Hopefully the fucking NBN hurries up. No other choices for providers nor speeds.

hehe..hihihiWWWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
>6 eurocucks 150Mbps
>10 eurocucks 1Gbps/500Mbps

technically my mom pays comcast but in the end I pay in GBP by giving her back rubs :3

>WPA
how unless they just so happen to use a password in a dictionary?

You pay your mother your own good boy points? I sure hope not.
I think you meant you get GBP and internet in return for giving mummy back rubs.

I do. 44/month, 20 Mbits/sec, no data caps.

For some reason, my provider only gives static IPs, though. Not really a problem. Just odd.

less GBP for me in exchange for internet. how do you not get this!?

This user gets it.

Not him, but I see no reason to use WPA2.

>Not him, but I see no reason to use WPA2.
I meant to say "NOT to use WPA2."

>wanting less good boy points
lel more for me d-desu

What's your range and setup like?

back when WPS was a thang i didn't

>pay for 1/3rd of home net
>pay for Vodafone 4G for gayming

Home net is 6mbps download with packetloss
Vodafone is 35bmbps and 12ms which I use for gayming

All up costs me $100 AUD a month...

>2017
>Still no free (as in free beer) internet
why tho.

Wifiphisher and WPS attacks (reaver + pixie)

40€ for 200mbit+phone+router

I thought you meant great British pounds.

Kys faggot

13$ for a 100mbit up down which never reaches those speeds and I get throttled when I reach like 3 gigs download within an hour. unstable, erratic ping spikes. need to take a picture of their main switch in our prefab attic, shit had to be done by some 15 y/o fagget. horrid conditions, but got in contact with a local network admin that has this shit under him and he seems pretty nice.

>britain
>great

good one m8

Great Britain refers to the larger Britain that includes N. Ireland and various islands.

As opposed to just the British mainland.

It doesn't mean 'Britain is amazing lmao'

Retard.

How does one connect an antenna to a PC? What kind of interface do i need?

you connect the antenna to your wifi card/peripheral

I'm connected to my neighbours WiFi. The signal is shit, how can I improve it, I know his WiFi password. Extender?

tell him to boost his 2,4ghz throuput (some routers do that)
tell him to move the ap closer to you
tell him to buy a stronger antenna
tell him you're a scum leech and need to be put down

>getting baited so easily
Oy vey

By being closer to them

Move your battlestation into his living room

I'm connected to my neighbours WiFi. The signal is shit, how can I improve it, I know his WiFi password. Extender?

He doesn't know I have access

I pay like 75 a month, but that includes 400/20, phone, tv + extra channels, landline (yes, we still use that here), a surfstick with a sim and a sim for my phone (although just with a shitty 500mb data vol). Plus, if I opt in to allow my router to serve as a hotspot for other customers I get free wifi whenever I am somewhere near where a customer has also opted in.

I don't, I have an old router that acts like a repeater bridge, connected with cable to the main router, which is connected to a Gb switch that connects my whole house

I forgot: I'm stealing my neighbor's connection, the bridge is connected to his router

Sup Forums user here.

before hacks: slow, no data limits and free
after ISP phased out their hackable equip.:
$10/mo for LTE. My shit cuntry can't even implement fiber where I live and the dsl is unbelievably unavailable.

>ISP duopoly
It's shit where I live.
I'd probably emigrate somewhere in EU, NA or KR, JP, HK.
Where's the best place to live?

get a directional antenna

i do, and how is it possible to not paying for it ?

Does any user here use a long range antenna to leech from from free wifi hotspots? How is it working out for you?

This

>tfw when I changed computers and lost my 238TB seeded

tfw my city only has 1 isp and I average 900kbs download

It's either their signal transmission is weak or your reception of signal is.

Try moving closer or getting a stronger wifi hardware (like an external usb dongle with good signal or strong antenna).
You may also try getting a wifi extender (to make it act as an extension of his network because extenders have good reception because it's their job)

45 Euro for 1G up and 1G down

It sounds like you've already made your decision user, but AC WiFi was a pretty noticable upgrade for me. It may have been because my old router was a POS, but I had much more consistent connection at longer ranges and much higher download and upload at said distances.

Can I use a WiFi extender if I'm not physically connected to his router? I.e can only connect through scanning for wifi

This, please answer user.

not here now fuck off

How do you not:? Living at home? Neets fuck off.

I do, just signed the deal to have fiber installed at my new residence. Feels good having 300/300 with no data caps.

Get an add in card or get a motherboard that has an antenna built in. Then just make/mod your antenna. Basically find a setup that already uses an antenna.

all of us tyrone, now fuck off back to niggerville.

>paying for electrons

TN. The only other option is AT&T and their fastest speed is 245/7 or something, and you're lucky to actually get it that fast. Supposedly AT&T is rolling out fiber to my city which will hopefully bring prices down a bit, but I'll believe it when I see it.

*25/7 fuck

Yes. You can even use a wifi router if it comes with a strong physical external antenna although it's a lot harder to configure to act as extender than a wifi extender-only device (sometimes ip collisions happen if you misconfigure a wifi router so i'll stick to wifi extenders).
The problem is your wificards or phones power output are limited which makes the signal shorter and throughput even weaker. Extenders should work out.

Yagi antenna + Alfa WiFi adapter

If you're a leet hack3r you should buy the wifi extender oncash physically not online (unless you can aquire it anonymously online).
Buy it from a store that isn't close to your neighborhood to not raise suspicion (it would be preferred to use fake credentials when buying hacker-y stuff with cash).

AC wifi depends on the equipment. within close range 5ghz is a huge improvement (most 802.11n shit was single band, 802.11ac requires support of the 5ghz band).

Found the leaf!