OLED still isn't viable for monitors

>OLED still isn't viable for monitors

They are probably still stretching the 4K meme. If most are in 4K they will release OLED.

they might try to squeeze in the 8k meme before releasing OLED

>burn in
No

My '12 Galaxy S3 doesn't have any burn-in.

Dell tried releasing OLED and had to pull it before official release because of issues with the panels.

Sounds like the 8K panels are being pulled too

olrd needs work to be done right. You can either spend money and manpower on oled or just keep making meme featured monitors like 4k, hdr, higher refresh ratezz

>mfw going from OLED to IPS

That's because you constantly shut down the screen. You won't be doing that with a monitor.

Just get QLED

>screensavers are still in Wangblows 10
Hmm

It's because there's little competition in the monitor market space. There's what, three manufacturers globally? the same manufacturers who got fined billions for fixing the market to maximise profits.

they have no reason to introduce something that might upset their racket

>oled
>burn in

So how come OLED TVs are ok?

Ever had a vita 1000?

yeah ips sucks shit
older tft lcd monitors are better as this shit on the eyes

My Nexus 6P has the tiniest of burn-in but it's still there. I can't see it unless I use the burn-in checker app, and even then it's barely visible.

But it could be worse for a monitor than phone because more static parts and more screen time.

I don't believe you, take a screenshot

>screenshot of burn in

:^)

OLED doesn't have uniform degradation across the screen. Because computer monitors will have prolonged periods of displaying the exact same images this will be exacerbated.

I doubt I'd want an OLED monitor. I buy those things to use for at the very least 10 years.

TROLLED!

There's one out already though. As I understand, the monitor itself isn't anything special, but Dell managed to ship a consumer OLED monitor. Progress is being made, but it is slow.

One day, LCD will die. I promise OP. We're gonna make it.

Lololololol

Why is Pepe so angry ? Is he charging ?
Why is pepe next to a tire ? Is he hiding ?

It will never be

16K, you idiot.

It's two-dimensional.

They don't have things that are essentially permanently on the screen like your taskbar and most used programs.

I got mine less than a month after release, still no burn-in.

>showing your taskbar
>using desktop icons
disgusting

I never said anything about desktop icons and the taskbar was just an example.

If ips can do hdr and vision at 4k then why do we need oled?