Solus 3

What do you think about the new Solus release, Sup Forums?

I'll let you know when I update my laptop.

Wallpaper looks trippy though

dumb kevin

Masterpiece.

Dumb frogposter.

Brilliant!

Impressive...

i will use budgie when it switches to qt

Absolutely love it!

paid shills

Does it have any software yet?

why does the interface look like windows?

I have no idea what the fuck you mean by this.

>12 posts
>7 posters

Why do you care about what I think? The only man on this entire board qualified to form a meaningful opinion is Kevin.

He's a big guy

/ourguy/

They actually worked hard for it

4U

>Changing Arc+Moka for Adapta+Papirus.
These guys have no taste.

Do solus repositories have a considerable amount of prepackaged software yet, Mr. I actually do really have autism for real?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of whats new and what can be done on this distro?

solus is good, and Sup Forums ignores it unfairly

The only argument Sup Forums has against it is that it is "bloated"

FOR YOU!

>what's new
Basically software and kernel updates.
Budgie has a windows layout now.
Nightlight is now included.

Lack of software was always a good argument.

alright am i the only one who hates gnome/deepin/budgie?

Has the package manger been improved?

>Is ginger
>names is OS Solus anagram of Souls
>defends his shitty DE when people call it clone of Gnome
Kevin is an insecure faggot desu

Repos are medium sized at this point. It has all of the packages I need. Otherwise, it supports flatpaks, snaps, and appimages which helps.

It has a file explorer if that's what you're asking.

Great!

Wonderful!

Still can't find the reason why people use such undeveloped systems as their daily drivers.
What's the point when you have something like Ubuntu (a lot of packages...like, all of them) or Fedora (a lot of packages + latest technology).
Also, the main dev can't even implement Alt+Shift to change keyboard layouts. Looks like they figured out how to alt+tab properly, though, that's a progress.

Shit. This is the smartest post I've ever seen on the internet. It takes to me for 2 minutes so I can understand it. Think I have to go back to Redd!t
Or maybe even kill myself?
Anyway thank you user. You made my day

What was wrong with it? I don't use solus desu.

Better then Windows X!

Glorious!

Love it so much!

Impressive! Finally a distro that can compete with Windows! 2017 is the year of the Linux Desktop, thanks to Solus!

truly a work of art

what happened to the gnome-like layout?

Wow....this is...the power....of Solus. Wonderful!

good!

No it's still quite laughable. I think it will always remain laughable, that's kind of their aim.

Solus is a gimped fork of ubuntu. It does exactly nothing new, it just takes options away from an actual ubuntu install. Sup Forums treats it like it deserves.

kevin pls

whaat?
Solus is built from the ground up.
Also, I'm not saying that it's a good distro but these bootimes are sexy as hell.

it is bringing ubuntu back to its roots (gentoo)

You're right. Still, it tries to do the same thing as ubuntu, it just does it worse.

>the same thing as ubuntu
I would actually love if somebody would made a user-friendly distro that would be at least as good as ubuntu. I just still can't forgive Canonical for this Amazon shit.
Gecko Linux looks like a good idea, too bad that it's just a one man project.

Except it's much faster and less buggy than Ubuntu

How are *buntus, Mint and Zorin not user friendly? OpenSUSE would be very user friendly if they allowed an easier way to fetch proprietary shit. Not sure if Gecko addresses that.

>Try to compile something in solus
>Everything is missing
>takes forever searching through forms to find the needed packages

well, it's not exactly stable, but from a design standpoint solus is definitely the best distro out there

Who'd want that crap?

Woah...
amazing...

>How are *buntus, Mint and Zorin not user friendly?
They are still Ubuntus
>OpenSUSE would be very user friendly if they allowed an easier way to fetch proprietary shit. Not sure if Gecko addresses that.
That's exactly what is does

Budgie 11 when?

Will be abandonware in one year. Why do you do this to yourself?

Very good
wrong

I don't, all desktop-targeted linux distros are functionally the same. Only difference is what filesystem you use and what DE/WM you use, everything else is "choose your favorite package manager" and even that can be changed.

Those are some fat title bars

It smaller with -eta

I just want Budgie 10.4 on Arch. Where the fuck is it.

I never used to think that people would come onto Sup Forums of all places to shill, but fuck me if that isn't some obvious shilling there.

install Source Mage

Solus is renown for lacking in software availability. This is because of the small repository, largely due to the age of the project.

He was asking if the repository for Solus contains any more software now.

this

took me a second
10/10 user keep up the good work

someone explain

he quoted him four times
aka four (you)s
aka BIG GUY FOR YOU
see watch

Beautiful!

Perfect.

This is such a bad distro and ugly looking.

Sagd