2000 + 17 - not using qutebrowser

Why are you not using superior qutebrowser yet user?

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
panopticlick.eff.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but i am

Because I use Pale Moon and it satisfies my needs.

The fuck is this autistic shit? Fuck off, retard

No ad blocker I see? In to the thrash it goes.

>use Pale Moon and it satisfies my needs
You better find a gf

>hurr what is Adguard durr
Cretin

It's bad for privacy. Using an obscure random browser like that will give you a totally unique fingerprint.

Have fun with your ads. Maybe you should be reading about Earth's strangest people instead of being here.

:set network user-agent

normal browsers exist

Can't trust yotsuba users

>still has ads on pages
Yes you are. At least for not being able to make it work properly LOL

I'm waiting for 1.0 to come out first before I switch

It is botnet. What else?

It does come with a an ad blocker, OP is just not using it right now

If you think the user agent string is all there is to fingerprinting, you're very sadly mistaken.

yo is this the qutebrowser screenshot thread
:adblock-update

Okay, I'll admit I know next to nothing about the subject.
What else should I do to anonymize myself better? I like this browser too much to switch.

Oh boy.

Fingerprinting involves hundreds or even thousands of different factors. Basically every little, minor, subtle difference in what the server is seeing from your browser/computer can be slurped up as information, and that information can be combined to build a unique profile for you: a fingerprint. You can then be uniquely identified and tracked around on the internet by that fingerprint, and the data can be sold or shared, etc.

Examples of things that can be used to fingerprint you:
* Your IP address.
* Your user agent string.
* The size of your browser window (and specifically, the viewing area where the page renders). This is overlooked by so many people - just resize your browser, have a slightly thicker toolbar or status bar or something, and that uniquely identifies you.
* Various other factors of your browser and browser settings.
* Whether you're sending do not track requests or not.
* Your operating system.
* Your system time.
* Your installed fonts.
* Your installed browser plugins.
* Your installed browser extensions.
* Your graphics card.
* Your CPU.
* Your browser cache.
* Your browser history (it's possible for servers to read your history in certain cases).
* Your JavaScript settings.
* Your ad-block settings (e.g. this guy's blocking server A and B, this other person's blocking server A and C).
* Your mouse movements, keyboard input.

Basically fucking everything. Disabling JavaScript helps prevent a lot of these fingerprinting measures, but then that itself can be used as part of the fingerprint - how many people disable JavaScript, after all?

This is why the Tor Browser project is so important. A lot of people think Tor Browser is just Firefox with Tor, but it's actually a fork that makes a huge number of privacy changes in order to fight against fingerprinting. You can read about some of these in the Tor Browser design document: torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

A lot of people think, oh boy I'll install an extension so I can't be fingerprinted, like I'll just install this one that blocks canvas fingerprinting or something. The problem is that that actually makes the fingerprint worse, not better. Most people don't block canvas fingerprinting, so you stand out uniquely as the one retard that has it blocked while everything else can still be used to identify you.

There is only really one way to fight fingerprinting, and that is to blend in with the crowd, looking identical to everyone else. One way of doing is to use e.g. a popular VPN to hide your IP address, then run Edge in a Windows 10 VM with all default settings, so you look like any other random normie browsing the internet.

The better way is to use Tor Browser. It hides your IP address behind Tor, and has all kinds of fingerprinting protections built in. For example, Tor Browser starts up with a fixed window size, making your window size consistent with other Tor Browser users. No other browser does that. With Tor Browser, you can be identified and fingerprinted as "a generic Tor user", but no more than that.

Use Panopticlick to get a small glimpse of your fingerprint (but keep in mind there's a lot more to it than this): panopticlick.eff.org/

Gas yourself, retards.