More like the Shillest media player ever posted in Sup Forums
I will stick with mpc-hc until it not longer work

K-kyle?

>this made just because they ignored your trolling
go to be kuchikirukia

I use gnome-mpv because I need a gui playlist controller

I wish bjin posted in those threads :C

Can you chromecast with it?

Be nice to be able to cast from my laptop at a friend's house when necessary.

>Originally Posted by madshi
>I'm occasionally browsing mpv threads. In those I've seen a whole of 1 image where RAVU looked better than NGU-AA, and I'm not even sure if that 1 image was exactly the same frame. Generally, it seems RAVU was heavily optimized for low-res low-quality Anime content, which of course means it shines there. NGU-AA is not optimized for any specific kind of content, so it might not look as good with this one very specific type of content, but it looks quite nice with all sorts of content. I've seen some RAVU images which seem to suggest that RAVU has rather high ringing artifacts with "normal" content. So I'm not convinced yet that RAVU is overall a competitor to NGU-AA and NNEDI3. But we'll see. I'm not opposed to add RAVU to madVR (if the license allows it), provided it provides true value. Right now I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to create an NGU variant which is optimized for the same type of content RAVU was optimized for, to make it a fair comparison.

so he's okay with taking ravu but won't release ngu or source code for madvr

Why the fuck has nobody cracked SVP 4 pro yet?

>I'm occasionally browsing mpv threads. In those I've seen a whole of 1 image where RAVU looked better than NGU-AA, and I'm not even sure if that 1 image was exactly the same frame.
lol, sounds like he was thrown off by the fact that NGU-AA pixel shifts to the top left :^) (RAVU introduces no shift)

madshi on suicide watch

>gurren lagann
Kek

hi madshi

How is it better than VLC? I don't watch anime.

>- VLC doesn't have the same quality opengl rendering and upscaling.

>- Seeking through video with VLC is much slower

>- mpv has youtube-dl support, arguably making it the best player for watching online videos/streams there is.

>- The codebase is much smaller, in general cleaner and more correct code

>- Not bloated like VLC

>- No ugly GUI or graphical toolkit dependencies

>- Very active development

>- Many command line options and almost all functionality can be provided through the command line.

>- Configuration is done by putting command-line options in a text file, which is very easy, simple, and portable.

>- VLC has a worse implementation of ASS, I've seen it fuck up subs before.

>There is reasons to use VLC though:

>- DVD menu support

I'm not but I am the guy from the last thread that you responded to. Thanks for the comparisons, MPV sounds pretty cool.

Now, since I'm using winblows because muh gaymez, I'm kinda confused about the windows installation. There are three different options (I think) and I have no idea what to do with either of them.

TL;DR - How to install MPV on Windows 10?

does it work with svp free?

you should use the github one and extract in a folder, that's literally it

I just use shinchiro's builds. I dont install them or anything. Copy folder to program files (give it permissions to modify folder, or copy to any other folder), right click video - chose mpv as default program. Done.

You’re On The Doom9 Forum And This Guy Shittalks Your Mpv.conf File.
Post It To Prove Him Wrong.

More like you're on /mpv/ having a good time, and madvr shitposters come and stir shit up.

What's the point of using it?
Does it load videos faster?

Not at all, he is just too busy to kick haasn's ass or shit on the bjin's face.

go back to doom9, madshi

Recommend me a Windows frontend that doesn't look like a crossplatform abomination like SMplayer or VLC.

You must be 18+ to post on Sup Forums.

>madvr.com/crt/CustomResTutorial.html
Since when madshi write his own tutorial/documentation?

maybe he saw the mpv documentation and is getting scared

nobody forces the mpv devs, including bjin, to release their code under lgpl. if they do, they're practically asking for their code to be used by other devs, including closed source devs. that's what they seemingly *want*. so there's no reason for anybody to be angry with madshi, in case he decides to use ravu.

if you want devs who use mpv to also be forced to open their own source code, then you don't use lgpl, but gpl. but mpv recently switched from gpl to lgpl, so obviously they're more than fine with closed source devs using their code. so who're you to object then?

holy fuck configuration in windows seems like a huge pain, I actually feel sorry for the users.
but that's wrong, you need to read what the lgpl allows you.

Best setup to use MPV from the terminal on Linux? Like, no xorg, just framebuffer. Have MPV bindings in exchange.

this is a tutorial for creating optimized custom resolutions. i'm not even sure if this is possible in linux at all? this kind of stuff is highly complicated. normal users didn't ever do this kind of stuff before. the new madvr version seems to make it much easier than it was before, so finally normal users can try their luck with it, too.

actually, i believe mpv windows users will be able to create custom resolutions in madvr and they should work with mpv, too! :) so basically all the work madshi did isn't limited to madvr, but could also benefit users of other media players. windows, only, though.

so which part of the lgpl did i not understand? please enlighten me! thanks...

>double click webm in windows explorer
>takes ~25 seconds to open
wtf. What can I even put in config to fix this? It opened within a second or two when firefox or MPC handled webms

>he doesn't use mpc on windows and normal mplayer in linux
watching weebshit with mpv is overkill, wasted memory and storage

madshi pls

Unfortunately I have an Intel iGPU only. :(
A guy shown it was possible on Linux too to avoid audio resample and get perfect audio.

so, i'm calling adaptive sharpen with opengl-shaders="~~/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

is there any way to set a value for the str parameter? i've made a few copies of the glsl changing the value, but it seems like such an inelegant solution

>opengl
adaptive sharpen wont help you

However, it seems he has time to kick igv's retarded ass, using fucking test pattern and not real pictures to test his SSSR algo is just stupid.

I will give it a try tomorrow and report. I dont expect good results.

Good config for a i7 6700k and 1070? I dunno if im retarded but I don't think my timings should look like this.

Do you have a 144hz screen?

85hz. I got one of the qnix ones overclocked

mpc-qt

>cscale=sinc
What the heck are you doing dude?

Poor madshi, haasn is trolling him on IRC.

post logs or gtfo

Just go to #mpv-devel irc channel, dumbass.

Wasn't thinking, set it to ewa_lanczos now. No performance gain tho.

madshi doesnt use IRC i think

1080p source? Looks about right, I think

Post youre config.

Actually, 2+ms for the color conversion pass is a bit weird even for 4K. I get about 1ms on my GTX 970

Yeah a 1080p source. Should I just ignore the red then? It goes in and out from being red and white.

hanna, talking about shaders, which is preferable, hook native or hook main?

GTX 970 here, 1080p source

>Lucky Star
>1080p

>Just go to #mpv-devel irc channel, dumbass.
i dont wanna get hacked!

It would probably help if I used the same settings.. even with debanding on it's still way faster than yours

First its a shitty upscale. Second dont use nnedi3 but use RAVU smoothest1 instead.

>I'm occasionally browsing mpv threads.
Oh shit, so he actually reads all of the shit we say about him? That's hilarious

profile=openg-hq
vo=opengl
opengl-backend=dxinterop
load-scripts=yes
alang=jpn
slang=eng
opengl-shader="C:\Users\XXX\Documents\MPV\Shader\nnedi3-nns16-win8x4.hook"
scaler-resizes-only
scale=ewa_lanczos
dscale=ewa_lanczos
cscale=ewa_lanczos
blend-subtitles=yes
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=linear

>tfw ignored by haasn
I dont like it. madshi never ignores me!

>Can you chromecast with it?
Yes.

Higher quality playback, more functionality and customizability.

meant to reply with this post

Ignore me all you want but i still wont join your IRC channel. Why cant you just answer one simple question, what the fuck.

Try it?

Fuck off, foozoor.

The difference is very small but i cant decide which looks better. Which supposed to provide better result logically?

whats your config ladman?

So madCustomRes or display-resample? And why?

Use MPC-HC with madVR or you're missing out. You know that has an OP and ED, right?

Display resample. Custom resolution is a complicated shit. You also need something like madvr to switch your resolution on the fly for multiple display modes. mpv can't into that shit.

nigga, that's some low quality bait. You know you're in a MPV thread right?

But is it better?

But bitstreaming is more important than dropped frames and the madshi's solution is very quick.

You know mpv is shit, right?

*Now with the OSD.
Who the heck decided an OSD was a good idea for a video player, anyway?

>(Note to devs: I know some of you are waiting for me to add dev features for you. Will do that soon now, just wanted to get v0.92.x out the door, first.)
What did madshi mean by this?

>watching fullscreen windowed

What did he mean by this?

16:10 master race.

16:10 is not much of a difference to 16:9.....

I wonder who could be behind this post.

So... Is mpv BTFO by madshi?

1080p fullscreen with seekbar and taskbar is a pretty big difference over no taskbar and needing to wave around for an OSD.

Nah. Only if you can get 23hz mode working which is unlikely.

???? I just use keybinds. I don't really use the OSD, only for stats.lua

Let's say i believe you that madshi is in mpv IRC. What is he doing there???

Just the creator of that release, who is well aware that mpv can't play it correctly.

Once you go 16:10 there's no going back. Be glad you don't know what you're missing.

>1080p encode
>Lucky star
Ahahahahahahaha

>taskbar
But why?

>needing to wave around for an OSD
Keybinds or hover the mouse over the control pane.

>Once you go 16:10 there's no going back. Be glad you don't know what you're missing.
I've had 2560x1600 and am comfortable with 2560x1440. The real red pill is in glass screens.

>red pill is in glass screens
?

And?
Have you seen the DVD?

Be glad you don't know what you're missing.

>another (((quality))) kuckchikirukia encode

You're free as in freedom to do better.

I have a glass monitor. Shit is cash.

No thanks, there are already good encodes.