Name one good reason not to nuke Korea

Name one good reason not to nuke Korea

Other urls found in this thread:

pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/cat-probravia/
pro.sony.com.au/pro/products/professional-displays-bravia
sony.co.uk/pro/products/professional-displays-bravia
macrumors.com/2017/08/16/images-depict-alleged-apple-oled-tv/
trustedreviews.com/news/smart-tv-privacy-problems-vizio-samsung-lg-sony-panasonic-2952175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because then we wouldn't get wonderful products from Samsung anymore
/thread

Just don't connect it to the internet idiot.

This. I had a samsung tv connected, but they had to go full retard and push completely unimportant notifications about some apps I never used anyway, so I disconnected it and now play everything from kodi on rpi. Feels good.

>smart tvs
Just fucking connect it to your computer jesus christ.

AMOLED phone/tablet displays are GOAT. I still want a proper upgrade to my Tab S 10.5
>Dat 2560x1600 RGB stripe AMOLED

korean sure love bloatware

SSD, mactoddlers' butthurt.

I have a samsung smart TV. I just use a Chromecast now.

>Samsung
>openly colluding with two other companies to raise prices
>now ads for "features"

Time to never buy from them again

just dont connect them to the internet
problem solved

the only reason I bought a smart tv was because it was dirt cheap and it could play video from a usb drive, which is a hell of a lot more convenient than hooking it up to my computer

are you me?

Good thing I bought an LG TV

Is it possible to get new TV's that aren't smart?

I just want a new high end 4k TV without all the bullshit.

No, but you can buy a 40-43" 4k monitor.

I've got nothing

Sony Bravia masterrace

just don't connect to the internet

Just don't connect it to a wifi signal except when they get new shit via firmware update.

This. My 2012 BRAVIA's smart features are just too slow.

Apple TV doesn't have this problem.

Same here I bought a 55OLEDC7V and I really like it but you still have to disable crap like telemetry manually.

What is television and why would I want to watch videos I can't start at will?

>TFW I have a 3D 1080p Sony smart TV with no ads

Remember when it was rumored that Apple was going to release their own Smart TV?

Whatever happened to that?

You can plug the Apple TV into a Dumb TV(tm) and make it a Smart TV. The resolution, brightness, power consumption and other shit is highly customizable and it is way more secure than an Android TV, what's not to love?

Ayy, how are you enjoying OLED? Personally I can't go back.

Just wait until next year's model where the TV won't display anything unless your connected to the internet so you're forced to see ads.

>giving your tv internet access

>tfw 9 year old dumb 1080p TV
>tfw using it exclusively for animu from the computer
>tfw replacing it with a huge monitor, free of that smart cancer

Feels good not being dumb

T.led with chromecast masterrace

>LG has been showing off in-development TVs that use software from a company called Cognitive Networks: Cognitive pumps viewing information back to a database through the internet, allowing marketers to tailor messages in real time. The software analyzes the pixels on your set to not only recognize what is being watched, but also where in the program you’re watching. Cognitive says that Samsung and Vizio are also considering using the software.

>In-dev
Something tells me it won't be coming to my TV via an update.

Sony has barebones monitors for broadcast applications

>pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/cat-probravia/

>pro.sony.com.au/pro/products/professional-displays-bravia

>sony.co.uk/pro/products/professional-displays-bravia

I imagine the input lag is low to nonexistant without building in a delay for smart tv shit, would make a nice desktop with motionflow

Sure all the smart shit is stupid but you can't get the best PQ unless you buy a tv with it. Feels good using a 65 inch 4K with all the bells and whistles despite never touching any of the built in apps. It's normie tier bullshit that you can use more efficiently via your PC, console, tablet or whatever but is part of the marketing necessity. Modern smart hub is actually decent for what it is but all smart tvs up until the last couple generations were total hell to use they were so slow and clunky.

>Own Samsung SmartTV
>Read about the ads-bullshit
>Suddenly realize I have a RPi with Pihole installed
>Set DNS to Pihole, block all ads
>Everything went better than expected.PNG

I know having to use an additional device just to block the ads sucks balls, but it's better than having those ads and I've had the RPi longer than the TV.

Their are still recent rumours going around.

macrumors.com/2017/08/16/images-depict-alleged-apple-oled-tv/

>except when they get new shit via firmware update

Why would a TV ever need a firmware update?

That's not how it works.
Such bullshit only exists because of capitalism, because ads give Samsung money. If there were no capitalists, no one would get money for ads.
And what's the centre of world capitalism? US of A.
Call Kim, he has solution to get rid of ads worldwide.

>“We are always looking for ways to enhance the TV watching experience,” a Samsung spokeswoman told Ad Age in an emailed statement. “Users can opt-out of these interest based ads at any time in the settings menu of their televisions and still get all of the smart features of their TVs.”

Does anybody else want to vomit after reading this kind of newspeak PR bullshit? You're pushing ads, don't say you're "enhancing the TV watching experience." Oh, and:

>Note the phrasing. Users can’t opt-out of ads, no, they can simply opt out of interest-based ads, which means Samsung doesn’t stop showing you advertising — it just stops showing you ads it attempts to categorize into areas you’re more likely to like.

Slippery cunts.

Couldn't you just block the ads with a wireless router?

It's impossible not to buy a smart TV nowadays.
If any company made a high-quality TV that doesn't come with all these fucking stupid 'smart' features that I'll never end up actually using, I'll buy 3.

I just want a simple TV that only displays whatever's plugged into it. That's all I want.

That's South Korea you burger. Two different countries.

this

So buy a monitor?

it asks if you want ads or not but yoy have to actually read the notifications before clicking yes or no

No remote.

>2017
>owning a TV
just end it gramps

Both Koreas hate videogames.

Then get a tv monitor. I have one and it's great.

You can use the TV without going into the built-in OS, if you only want to watch things over HDMI you can set it to that and it will only use that, you'll never see the "smart" features.
I have an Android box connected to my TV and never use the TV's built-in OS, but i do have the TV connected to the internet to get firmware updates.

Can't I just blacklist the ads on router level? I still want to use the steam app because my pc is three rooms away from the living room.

>just
If your grandma can't do it then it's not 'just'

Congratulations on leaving the Korean botnet for our patriotic American one, comrade.

TV's
>shit, washed out colors
>horrible input lag and post processing effects
>ads and botnet

A monitor makes more sense than a Smart TV unless you need 50' or higher. Yes it's more expensive but at least a monitor won't show you ads and harvest your data.

Smart user

Pi-hole can help with that. Ideally why would you ever connect a TV to the internet?

Looks the set of a shitty 90s music video.

> He updates his TV
> Moreover, he USES his Smart TV
WTF is wrong with people. There are less apps for TVs than for iPad 1 after its launch.

would rather have ads than some shitty subscription service desu

Nuke the Worse South Korea. Let the Better North Korea alone.

I have a ten year old plasma TV with better color and contrast than any modern TV. It's dumb as fuck, no smart features at all.

That is way too difficult for most people.

Which one?

qt kpop waifus

>suddenly HDMI ethernet to TV

You shouldn't start any wars until you have a president who isn't insane.

It's amazing that TV's are just as bloated and ad-filled as prebuilt PC's now.

>any year
>sitting at your desk watching a movie on your small monitor when you could be watching it on a large TV
You do realize that owning a TV doesn't require cable, right?

>watching TV
>watching movies
Boomers get out.

>still watching TV
>falling for the "smart tv" meme

If you don't need more than 42", there are 4k monitors with VA panels, ~$600 price tag and these don't even have TV tuner, so you can connect one you like via HDMI. I'm consider this myself, since 42" is a lot for my small room anyway.

Also, if you buy one without audio out (optical or analog) then you can use hdmi sound extractor, dunno if those work with 4k though, and you'd propably need a good one for DD and DTS. Amplituner would do good too, but that'd be pricy for all of the greatest audio technology.

>his TV has built in telemetry

this. i'm going to use my 2009 bravia till the day it dies for good.

>but at least a monitor won't show you ads and harvest your data
Yet.

>until you have a president who isn't insane.
We do, 0bama left ages ago.

Got Samsuck shit.
Never pluged into ethernet.
Opened up back and took out wireless module.
Plugged HDMI cable (without ethernet lines) into Kodi box.
Laughing at ad-watching faggots.

>Opened up back and took out wireless module.
I wonder if most TVs have a module for wifi that can be removed.

Who's to say that they won't connect to unsecured wifi networks to transmit telemetry even if you don't intentionally connect it to a network?

connect it to your network and block the MAC address so it think's it's connected but it's going nowhere

SSDs.

Doing something like this is more important now that TV makers are spying on your pixels over the network.

>trustedreviews.com/news/smart-tv-privacy-problems-vizio-samsung-lg-sony-panasonic-2952175

>the most egregious part of the whole debacle is the company’s use of Automatic Content Recognition.
>Essentially, this is software installed on the TVs which captures a selection of on-screen pixels EVERY SECOND the TV is on.
>These pixels are then [uploaded to the Internet and] matched with a database of TV, movie, and commercial content to figure out exactly what the user was watching.

>55" UHD Samsung Smart TV
>never plugged in coaxial
>Use it purely for streaming services, Foxtel Play, Netflix and PS4
there is latency when connecting my mbp with hdmi or wireless. Hoping that AppleTV performs better

Protip: it doesn't matter what the product is, if it has "smart" in the name then run as far away as fast as fucking possible

I want to live in the alternate world that spokesmen, politicians and advertisers seem to think we exist in. It sounds like a much nicer place than reality.

Actually, let's push NK into a corner

Wait until they don't work until connected.

>soon

wtf

the only decent models are from sony and panasonic and you can't even buy them most places