What can I sell my PC for? Or is it getting too old to be worth anything?

What can I sell my PC for? Or is it getting too old to be worth anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_tCN_WC4rM
youtube.com/watch?v=3W7WX6pjL-M
youtube.com/watch?v=74NlAC31dcI
youtube.com/watch?v=5qIK6R_YEJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why on earth would you want to sell it

I'll be frank: I'm addicted, not just to gaming, but to sitting at my PC all day every day. No matter what things I've tried to do, I always come back to it, and feel like shit because of it, like I have zero willpower to actually do something else.

So you're saying it's time to build a new one?

God damn those CPU temps, are you cooling it with a pocket fan taped to your MB?

I have a setup like yours, and I'm not even thinking on getting rid of it, maybe in 4 years more

Naw man I wanna quit entirely.

Oh yeah. Nah, it's a hot day and I have like 30 tabs, youtube, and a game running.

Getting rid of it won't help you. You'll sit on Sup Forums on your phone. You'll get rid of that, then you'll get addicted to something else.
You need to fix the source of the problem instead of shooting the symptoms.

Like you would use the money on anything else besides tech shit

What is the source of the problem then? Because my PC is what I see as the source of all my problems.

This.

Seriously nigga, I am looking at a 699 computer from Best Buy with way worse specs so you should be able to easily get 699 for that used. Probably 1000? I dunno but hell yes it would sell.

You've habituated yourself to the behaviour. There's no option other than willpower.
If you don't have anything else to do then you'll fail right away. You need something else to do, and then you can think about doing that instead.

The fuck?

what
This PC really isn't even that good. It struggles with running new releases on High. It was good like two years ago.

Well... Now that you mention it, I guess I don't feel like I have anything else to do at all, either way. For the last few days, I get off work, go home, and pretty much just stare at my monitors until I go to bed, repeat. This weekend I'll probably do absolutely nothing at all.

Yeah that is pretty damn old by now, I'll give you like 100 bucks for it though and pay for shipping if you hit me up through email

Give it back, Jamal

your only bottle neck is the GTX970
get a GTX1060 and you will notice some very big gains.

getting to ultra could be hard as your TIM looks like its harderned Over time. If you want better temps and no performance thermal hits you're going to have to delid the CPU.

even with a game, 30 tabs, you tube. it shouldn't be that high unless the TIM hardened (this over time will degrade your CPU)

Very outdated, too much of a hassle to sell it. You should just give it to me

>your only bottle neck is the GTX970
>get a GTX1060 and you will notice some very big gains.

what kind of shit is this?

my overclocked 970 is easily on par, with a 1060. in some benches even better

Its Vram limits on newer games.
not so much compute.

>dishonored

that is not as resourse hog as you think try on BF1 or THE DIVISION, or ghost recon wildlands benchmarks for example

Why not use the computer to learn a new hobby? Programming, photo editing, video editing, music production, there are lots of productive and fun things you can do with a PC like that.

nigga that's a good setup

MAYBE if you want it to last a few more years sell the 970 and get a 6GB 1060 but that's it

$550 at the most.

At 1080p/60hz though (it's intended market place)? The only game I've encountered problems with insofar is Arkham Knight with all gameworks settings enabled. I'll say that at 1440p there's a slightly more pronounced difference, but you shouldn't be buying either card for 1440p gaming.

Everything else I've played, including GTA V, TW3, DOOM, and DXMD all run great.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_tCN_WC4rM

youtube.com/watch?v=3W7WX6pjL-M

"big gains" lmao the upgrade is simply not worth it go with a 1070 if you want a real one

When I use handbrake to encode things on my 4790k it runs at around 95 degrees all the time. Something must be wrong here...

In your dreams. A 1060 is equivalent to a 980. The 970 also shits the bed in any game which actually NEEDS more than 3.5GB of VRAM (rather than just filling it up as a cache).

>A 1060 is equivalent to a 980
A stock 1060 is roughly 5-10% behind a GTX 980. It's close, but not equivalent.
>The 970 also shits the bed in any game which actually NEEDS more than 3.5GB of VRAM
At 1080p, I've yet to see many that do. Even Shadow of Mordor didn't, and that game is a vram hog.

But if you want to waste your money on an extremely marginal upgrade, then by all means go ahead.

I'm convinced we are are the same person

>1080p 60hz

not a single modern graphics card should run 1080p gaming badly.
even a R9 380 can do that at 45FPS all day every day better and it really does have 4GB
for example.
even though it was a dumb rebrand and only built for 720p gaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=74NlAC31dcI

the the 970 has the 3.5 GB issue here is a example of it hitting a limit in this OLD ass game.
at 1440p 60hz
now remeber this is a old game so in theroy the 970 should have enought compute to be able to run this smoothly.
yet as soon as your over 3.5 GB
Bam shutterfest
look at 1:41-1:42
youtube.com/watch?v=5qIK6R_YEJs

if you think that your even safe on old games.
go fuck your self shill.

also I own a GTX1070 I don't have these issues and i can even play this at 4k at 35-45FPS
You are really that far behind ...really.

that way i think GTX1060 is more then enough for 1080p

What is making the 480s get plastered by the 390s?

>What is the source of the problem then?
You and your lack of willpower are, along with a likely inability to set and respect priorities.

less CU's

the 390 has 64

the 480 only has 56

480 has 36 CUs.

I played FC4 with 0 problems

>at 1440p 60hz

The 970 was always meant as a 1080p card.

Anybody serious on 1440p gaming is going to buy a 1070 or 980ti at least. You're a fucking moron if you bought a R9 390/970/RX 480/580/1060 for heavy 1440p gaming.

Also
>now remeber this is a old game
It's almost as old as the card itself.

>You are really that far behind ...really.
Yes. I'm that far behind. I've played TW3, Deus Ex, BF1, Dishonored 2, DOOM, Forza Horizon 3 and Shadow of Mordor just to name a few at roughly the same frames I'd get on a GTX 1060. If that's what far behind is, then yes I am quite far behind.

In the meantime, I'll go back to enjoying my performance.

>A stock 1060 is roughly 5-10% behind a GTX 980

Absolute bullshit. Stock for stock, the 1060 is ahead of the 980. Overclock for overclock they trade blows depending on the game.

980 has a bit more horsepower. Overclocked the gap grows because Maxwell has a higher ceiling for overclocking.

I think Nvidia shaved off a bit for power consumption, but you're not missing out on much.

Search Ebay for 4970k + 970, sold listings

No it's still good, strap a 1070 at it and it can run anything new maxed at 1440p/60fps.
t. 4770k/1070 owner

sell it to some gullible kid for $1500

I'll buy it for 300$

Cut off your internet, the pc is not the problem.