Why didnt you buy a refurbished workstation already?

Why didnt you buy a refurbished workstation already?

>lots and lots of IO without PCIe bottlenecks
>built to be serviced easily by a technician
>nothing has changed since sandy bridge anyways
>just slap a GTX 1080 in there and you're good to go
>pretty much the only way if you want to take video editing seriously

>Buying a Dell

lol

>proprietary psu and motherboard

I did

Can u explain why that's bad?

I just got one just like that last week
I7, 4mb ram rn

Set it up with windows 7 home, although the pro code is still there

It's the best pc I've ever had and no bloatware

Graphics card Radeon 6350 for 6.99 on the bay it was compatible, and arrived the next day in mail

Pc was 85 dollars for processor hdd and 4 gb mem, was extra for the graphics

Not that user but it's bad because God help you getting a replacement for repair or upgrade. It's just something to consider.

>SHIT CPU that performs like mid range CPU from back in the day and supports only fraction of IO my mid range modern CPU does

jorge bullshit my dude, cap this with 20+ tabs and bfbc2 im barely at 20 percent cpu on i7 workstation

The one in the picture uses standard ATX (or compatible) components.

BTW here's the ad I bought it for 85 dollars

windows 7 home key cost me 6 on ebay, although it has a proper pro key, It's near impossible to get the iso without having it mailed

whats that bf1942

Was there really a need to censor "Grand"?

And it's not hard to get a real Windows 7 ISO. Google "Windows 7 Digital River mirror". But you should be using 10 anyways.

You can download the ISO from microsoft, and there are tools available that will provide the URL if you have trouble finding it yourself. You can also grab any random Windows 7 ISO and make it the Professional version by modifying one text file. You can even make it ask you which version you want to install when you boot.

Where the fuck is Tripcode complaining about proprietary fan headers in his HP?

nope

BF probably uses just 1 or 2 threads, user.

Incorrect. It has an 18-pin Motherboard connector.

Which means the PSU, and Motherboard, are not compatible with off the shelf ATX components.

I would pay about that for it. I wouldn't use it for a main PC, though. 2nd Gen i7's aren't really that strong by today's standards.

Dubs of truth I have a z840

Besides the PSU everything else is pretty standard. And they are wild machines.

Like the old dells, you could probably get an adaptor from ebay, or just make your own. Replacing the power supply is an easy enough job too.

I did though and upgraded it.

you have to watch out which xeon you get. E-1650 ist the best allround imo. 6 cores at a moderate 3.2Ghz can do pretty much everything

>fell for the build a pc meme

THIS BOARD IS JUST CONSUMERIST GARBAGE

Because if you want to upgrade in 3 years you have to buy a new PSU and case as well as the motherboard and CPU. If you find a workstation that's standard ATX, you're totally right, jump on it.

It's a different buying strategy for different needs and budgets. Is there a problem?

>Want good performance per dollar, huge customization and upgradability, warranties on individual components
Build a PC

>Want best performance per dollar, low upgradability, no warranties
Buy a used workstation

>Want to be a retarded cuck?
Buy a brand new Alienware

are you retarded or something?

>low settings
>AA clearly off
>800x600 tier windowed resolution

a fucking atom tablet can run that, doesn't make it a good buy.

fucking idiot, jesus.

Great decision, specially if you need multiple systems.

I did. It cost £20.

I was thinking of buying one for my parents to replace their core 2 duo piece of shit, but I found out they just use this new laptop instead.

I picked up one with a 4790 in it, will definitely last a while. Crazy how cheap refurbed workstations go for with decent parts.

For anyone looking at doing it don't buy into the whole "You can't upgrade them" meme, as generally when I retire a pc it means I hand it off to a family member; I've never kept the same case / psu across upgrades, and the cost of replacing isn't high.

>I've never kept the same case / PSU across upgrades
Have you ever had a nice case or PSU?

implying there's much difference

Jeez tin man have a heart

I can run this on 1080p full screen, the only thing holding me back is the 512mb graphics card I can post the dxdiag

This pc is the best I've ever had and nobodies bias will bring me down about it, the pc I replaced was a 2008 walmart compaq (2 gb ram)

Here's the info, the total cost was like 120

pc only missing windows and graphics card

graphics card - 6.99
windows key- 6.99

I think I'm gonna get some ram and will be all set

and bf3 in full 1080 with high settings

what up dallasbro didn't realized we had some hot ass deals on craigslist

>intentionally using a cancer botnet that hinders your work at every opportunity with bad UX

>>BF3

yeah that'll play in high settings on a potato

>refurbished
because I bought a new one

>2008 walmart compaq
a pc designed to have solid mid range performance when it was released being better than literal trash tier is not a compliment.

I'm sitting here reading this thread on a z800.

>thinkstation
oh that's nice.
>shitty hipster meme keyboard
er, well, I guess it's excusab-
>ugly mouse
>led headphones
>>>>>>>>>FUNKOPOP
GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEE

And?

Proprietary isn't always a negative.

I'm about to upgrade the z800 to 2x x5675 and a R9 nano over the 2x x5650 and GTX 960 I have in there now. Upgrade shouldn't cost over $200 when I'm done (I'll sell the old parts) and that should keep me able to do anything I want with this PC for a while.

lol fuck you faggot, you think you're more autistic than me? don't ever test my shit

Bought an ex-gov Dell for like, $300 ($230USD). Included all peripherals and was otherwise a good purchse until it wasn't. The shitty Dell monitor has an entire column of dead pixels, the mobo it turned out was a recalled board due to the caps just 'wriggling' themselves off the board.
Could have fixed it with some solder but by then i was too mad for getting meme'd on by 'refurbished' Dell trash.

If it ever comes up i might try a different brand maybe but fuck Dell.

>implying thinking funkopop is bad is autism

>implying implications
fuck you I wanted some friendly niggers to hang out at my fapstation, I will literally hammer a nail through my testicle and post it here

what the fuck are you even talking about
this is why you own funkopop, only autists and normies own funkopop

make up your mind faggot, are you calling me an autist or a normie, nigger?

Dell is pretty much the best prebuilt manufacturer out there nowadays.

at first I thought you were a normie but it's clear you're an autist that thinks they're cool because they own funkopop and shitty hipster accessories
I bet you got the thinkstation for bragging rights, not because you actually like think-brand products.
haha look I can post banners too XDD!!!

alienware

you're tripping on some memedolls breddy hard man, why don't you calm down and have a rest guy? sounds to me like you're upset about not having enough neetbux for dank ass funko gear and new pc hardware. i'll pee in your mouth

also
>making fun of jejboards on jejboard.org
>being this mad on the internet

the mini hipster board meme is just that, a meme. it doesn't make them good, just potentially stylish to normies and other fell-for-the-memes. where are all your other keys? how do you even work?
>not using glorious IBM keyboards

why would I ever want any of that that cancer sitting on my desk? nigger if I had the money to buy the entire funko corp I would do it just to drive them into the ground for selling such disgusting products.

Because none are available with the specs I'm going for.

Imagine this, your psu shits itself. What are you going to do? Or if you want to change current psu to a better one?

You're fucked with HP's proprietary mobos, you always need some some adapter IF you can even find one. Which is why I didnt buy more z400's, I had a few at my workplace. Applies to z420, too.

Not worth it. Better buy some workstation mobo and build your own.

>stop liking the things that I don't like
>how do you type on a keyboard without a numberpad

a-are you okay, user? It's a typical keyboard without a numberpad, it takes up less room on my (small) desk and has nice switches. It is more pleasant to type on than a cheap keyboard from officemax or something.

I think you're just upset about my beastly workstation. Here, have a wallpaper. Wait, should I lower the resolution to 800x600 for your shitty refurbished meme terminal?

You're wrong. I've owned z400's and z420's.

buying a used workstation is your best budget option, like sub-$300.

A client of ours got rid of some wolfdale c2d machines. just a little dusty. we will probably end-up selling them as "refurbs" for $50 each.

additionally, if you use windoze, you can use windows 7 keys to activate windows 10. perfect normie facebook/youtube box.

I'm not quite sure what the contest is about but you guys will damn sure not out comfy my workstation complete with lawn chair and head rest that no longer pinches my hair off accidentally

lol you autistic ego-filled sperglord, you are not the best thing to grace this planet and neither is your setup.
I didn't even mention a number pad, I know most of those keyboards have number pads behind a Fn or similar switch. it's just cumbersome to use quickly, unless you're the kind of guy that types one character at a time?

>implying refurbished is bad
it's bad if you get it from a bad seller, there is no reason to feel superior about owning new hardware if you can get it for like 50% cheaper for literally the same thing. and you don't know me nigger, I don't buy refurbished or second-hand monitors because they often need more work than I am willing to deal with.

I'm going to stop giving you the pleasure of getting (You)'s so this thread stops getting shit on, since it's clear you have the taste of a plebeian.

a friend of mine got a whole box of good-quality Latitudes for $150. he cleaned them up and sold them all but one to keep for a profit of nearly $500. there is money to be made in finding a good market for old systems, if your client is interested or it's possible to do so I would buy them from them and try to resell.

Beautiful.

That's a pretty comfy setup but at least clean that floor and get those cups in the trash, goddamn.

Mmm. Maybe because I've already bought chinese mobo and Xeon E5?

I literally said nothing bad about refurbished machines. I just posted my new workstation, and you freaked the fuck out about funko pop and mechanical keyboards. I don't even. You are obviously quite jelly.

You are a real turbosperg and you will never get pussy.

I said I wouldn't give you more (You)'s but:
>shitty refurbished meme terminal
do you even pay attention to what you type? you are an idiot

>still responding

do you have feelings?

Non-standard PSU is one thing, but then there's the part where they never update the BIOS to support newer CPUs. Some proprietary boards don't even allow 3rd party cards to be installed, much like Sup Forums *beloved* thinkpads. You have to make sure some neckbeard already made a no-whitelist hack for the BIOS, or you're fucked.