Dead pixel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
My $400 monitor I just bought 3 months ago got a dead pixel.
Apparently there's an "acceptable" amount of dead pixels for monitors.
What do I do? I didn't pay $400 for a premium monitor to accept dead pixels.
They're gonna have me send it back? How do I put this thing in a box?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadpixelbuddy.com/
cultofmac.com/67702/leaked-internal-policy-says-how-many-dead-pixels-it-takes-to-get-apple-to-replace-a-faulty-display/
google.cl/amp/m.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor?amp=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's a stuck pixel, not a dead one, poke it with like an eraser

blinking light

You need to heat some metal, like a spoon, to around 78 degrees celsius (the melting point of the crystal) and melt the pixel by pressing the hot spoon against it. The melting point of the plastic panel is well above 100 degrees, so don't worry about damage.
>source: melted all my dead pixels to brand new

Pic isn't mine, sorry. Just needed something for the thread. How do I tell what a stuck pixel is?
When I use deadpixelbuddy.com/
and go to the red color, I don't see the dead pixel anymore. Not sure if my eyes.

what's the monitor?
you can try jscreenfix but 99 times out of 100 it wont work so you might as well just throw it in the trash

no it's dead

good bait

just buy a new pixel dumbass

>I didn't pay $400 for a premium monitor to accept dead pixels.
Clearly you did, because you didn't buy a premium monitor with a no dead pixel warranty.

laughing my ass off cucked.

>premium monitor
>can actually see individual pixels

hope its not an acer
they wont fix it even if its under warranty

then it's a red stuck pixel, you fuck tard

I have a pixel with the blue stuck on. You can only notice it when it's in a region that is not supposed to be blue. I've tried LCDnurse and the like with no luck. Never heard of poking it. Is that a meme?

>LCD - liquid crystal display
Not bait, moron. The pixel crystallizes and comes out of solution. The simply fix is melting it. There is no other fix, because the process is an endothermic reaction, i.e. requires heat. I'm getting a degree in chemistry, so of course I have knowledge that the average CStard, webdev, codemonkey, or Sup Forumsideo gamer would never come across.

Nooooo why? I wanted him to figure that out himself!

your credit card will fix it if it's under warranty.

Next time, you buy a Mac.

>buy refurbished monitor
>4-stuck pixel warranty, 2-dead pixel warranty
>literally nothing wrong

>buys shit
>complains about it when it goes wrong
>throws tantrums about it on an anime image board
kek
next time buy a MBP.

>premium monitor
it should have a no dead pixel warranty

He definitely should, that way he can just replace his entire computer rather than his monitor!

Apple products don't get dead pixels. Stay mad winfag.

>Source: my wet asshole

BTFO mactoddler

>Apple products don't get dead pixels
hahahhahhah

Yeah I'm not going to look for dead pixels

haven't had a dead pixel in years. i returned 2 nintendo ds over a decade ago to get one without a dead pixel.

Just buy a Google Pixel you fucktard and replace it.

>moron

GET THAT HATE SPEECH OUT OF HERE
i'm so triggered

literally can't stop shaking

great job, you found one example
winfags, everyone

It's true, I've done this before.

That's not a dead pixel, that's a bit of dirt on the screen.

That's not mickey mouse, that's just tit dirt.

buy same model again, then RMA the broken one.

>Apple products don't get dead pixels.
cultofmac.com/67702/leaked-internal-policy-says-how-many-dead-pixels-it-takes-to-get-apple-to-replace-a-faulty-display/

At least it wasn't $5000 and from Applel.

>that lelnovo table

>anime post
Go to hell.

Dell is literally the best.

Not only the best monitors, the best policy too.

That doesn't show everything from Dell.

Make some more dead pixels so they have to take it back.

Still the best on their premium panels.

kek. this. i probably wouldn't even notice if my 4k monitor had a dead pixel

Asus is better, see

>this thread actually got more than 2 replies
sage

Read what you linked, on premium panels Dell replaces for even 1 bright pixel.

This.
I'm melting dead pixels for a living.

>taking a picture of your screen

My 1080p monitor that I paid out the ass for when 120Hz first came out had a dead pixel but I didn't give even 2 shits. I didn't even look into whether I was entitled to a replacement. man the fuck up OP

>4k 32 inch
>Lower pixel density then 1080p 22 inch
Ha

>using 32 inch on desktop
how wide is your desk bro? 4 metres?

Asus has a zero bright pixel warranty just like Dell but Asus dark pixels is 5 or more compared with Dell 6 or more.

anime website

>Apparently there's an "acceptable" amount of dead pixels for monitors.

that's what you get when you buy cheap monitors

if you want accurate colors out of the box and no dead pixels then you have to buy the expensive Dell Ultrasharps or Asus PB/PA series, etc.

cheap monitors are for people who don't care about those things and just want something that works, if you're not part of that group then don't cheap out

retards

The table you posted before wasn't for premium dell. Premium Dell is the best.

You get that no matter what you buy, because everything is made in China, including your fancy
>Dell Ultrasharps or Asus PB/PA
which also spend the same 6 months in damp crates floating on the salty Pacific on a rocking cargo ship before they arrive here.

>Dell is literally the best.

It really is. I've had flickering issues with an S2440L that happened whenever I turned on the lights in my room. I contacted them and within just a few days a guy came to my house with a brand new one and replaced it. As it turns out, it was just my cheap shit HDMI cable that was responsible for the flickering. Dell never gave me shit for it or anything, they actually just sent me an email asking me if my issue was resolved and if I needed help with anything else. I have never had a warranty service this fucking top tier before and I still had one year left on its warranty out of a total of 3.

Meanwhile, you buy some apple garbage for 10 times the price and you get one fucking year of warranty, the exact same amount you get out of some random cheap shit no name chink company, and they try to charge you for everyfuckingthing. Were Apple crap any good, they wouldn't be afraid to get you a few years of warranty. Giving you the bare minimum is just confessing they are selling you overpriced garbage.

The smaller the resolution, the smaller the chance of having ded pixel

It says on the table "monitors with Premium Panel Guarantee".
Looks like their marketing worked wonders on you.

apple would be stupid to not charge consumers for the maximum amount they're willing to way

>using 21 inch dell monitor that came with my inspiron in 2011, easily 30k hours of use
>1600x900
>no dead pixels
What do they mean by this?

Just now read it properly, but seems like you didn't read it properly either and fell for ASUS's marketing yourself (dell table is X or more while Asus table is more than x, meaning 1 and 6 is equivalent to 0 and 5)

One single counter-example is sufficient to disprove an assertion.

>Taking a picture of your screen with a camera
Take a Screenshot, dumbass

I'm gonna assert your mom tonight, disprove that

Had a similar thing happen with HP business. Dude comes out and just swaps the monitor over and checks if I am happy with the replacement before leaving. Done. You get what you pay for.

You're reading wrong.

On Asus if you have 5 or less dark subpixels they won't replace, so it is exactly the same as Dell. If you have 6 or more they will replace.
On Asus if you have any more than 0 bright subpixels they will replace, so it is the same as Dell where if you have 1 or more they will replace.

No dead pixels here :^)

Holy shit is this bait?????????????

Think about how dead pixels work and how screenshots work.

>he doesn't have a 2304x1440 flatscreen Sony Trinitron display

>$400 for a premium monitor
lol

Here's a reply for your hard work. Second layer baits like yours always get me.

>buy monitor
>1 ded pixel
>fry the logic board with static charges from a stove lighter stone thingie
>"hey new monitor doesnt work ;^)"

>using inferior metric system

I bet retards who can't screenshot a dead pixel can't even kill a fly with a mouse pointer

Excellent bait

Send it back, at least mine as a year warranty for dead pixels.

Thank God Nintendo doesn't make monitors.

>premium
>$400
>no dead pixel warranty that every big seller of monitors offers
just admit that you are a cheap bastard

>Not using a CRT

kek

Fuck doesnt know if its bait or no. Ill look for damaged monitor at my unĂ­ and Will give it a try

Well ill bait.
> google.cl/amp/m.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor?amp=1

Fuck its sums up

You pay for what get. I bought a HP ZR30w back in 2010 for $1500. Seven years later the monitor still working fine without any dead pixels.

>2017
>still no software that can kill pixels
it's the only method to use the stupid warranty

Flick it with your finger like you are flicking a paper football.

Suck it up, quality control died in the mid 2000s

Fake

Kys desu senpai

>using subhuman imperials

I've changed literally 3 monitors IN A ROW.
Dell P2317H - premium quality, no dead pixels they say. 3 in a fucking row. Quality control is fucking dead nowadays, time when you could get good tech for a reasonable price ended in 2010's.

made me laugh desu good one

Dead pixels are shit rare
my two ancient BenQ screens are fine too

>scamming the manufacturer

>buy new headphones, accidentally rip cable out
>put it back in with super glue
>give it back because it doesn't work
thug life

My korean 1440p monitor hasn't had any issues :^)

Is your dog alright?

Don't listen to this faggot guys. It's obvious you need to poke it with your dick instead

This
I had some BenQ monitor since I was literally 12 years old though it's actually much older than that, maybe 2003 model. I don't know, my father gave it. It has gone through alot of abuse from me raging and tossing around my headset and keyboard every time my internet disconnected when i was still barely through puberty

Not a single dead pixel

>What do I do?
Buy a "prosumer" Class 0 monitor with a 0 dead pixels guarantee.

It'll probably be a wide-gamut Adobe RGB or DCI-P3 10-bit color-calibrated monitor, so not only will it not be shit, you'll also enjoy high dynamic brightness and better color depth and higher coverage of colors perceptible to the human eye.