For the vast majority of consumers why shouldn't they use windows 10?

For the vast majority of consumers why shouldn't they use windows 10?

>reliable
>compatible with basically everything
>doesn't require tinkering
>direct X 12 offering gaming support

I mean for your average consumer who does office tasks/gaming W10 is perfectly fine

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867(v=ws.11).aspx
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-edition-upgrades
forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/kms-tools.51/
microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They shouldn't because of its dishonest practices.
People seem to settle with unacceptable shit just because it's more comfortable.

>botnet
>totalitarian
>non-gratis
>non-libre

The better question is why wouldn't the majority of consumers use GNU and ChromeOS.

>reliable
>I mean for your average consumer who does office tasks/gaming W10 is perfectly fine

Stop shilling.

agree

But I value my privacy, user

>reliable
8.1 is more reliable
8.1 has better compatibility than 10, and doesn't break many applications that w10 does
8.1 doesn't require tinkering, and because of better compat, probably requires less
The average consumer isn't a geimur and won't care about or need dx12, the few games that offer it also offer dx11 or vulkan, so win8.1 users aren't missing out.

But it does.
After you've done that it's fine though.

>inb4 telemetry enabled, send file samples
Some policies have multiple options so the process is: enable policy -> select disabled

I kind of enjoy how with W10 in particular, MS isn't just overhauling the basics of it in ways most users don't appreciate it but trying to whitewash it and pretend this is entirely normal.

>reliable
Only for newer computers
Such as it's lack of support for many nVidia Chipset IGPs, which although is old, can still view 720p fine
Dx12 is only relevant for the newer computers

It is not that nice for older computers.

Because it's not reliable at all

Nice switches! Too bad they are only decoration

/thread

>b-but it doesn't do anything
>look here's a fake video of windows uploading screenshots made by a russian autist
>look here's "baseline" netstat output showing a bunch of local network service discovery connections
>look here's a section of onedrive's privacy policy saying that your files will handed over to the authorities but I'll pretend it's talking about windows not onedrive
You need to come up with some new memes. This is gettng repetitive.

Any more infographs like this for a summerfag? I've been around the site for a while but only now decided to check g out, this shit is blowing my mind, i thought when i did a clean install and unchecked everything i'd be fine but just found out about the telemetry bs, id love to try linux at some point but i dont have it in me atm, im already learning to live gappsless on my phone

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
Don't fall for the "infographs" meme. Most of those are made by people who have no idea what they are doing.

Just make sure you know what you're doing when applying settings from the above link. You probably don't want to disable updates, certificate updates, time sync and the like.
You also don't need to disable settings like camera/microphone/contacts/notifications access if you don't use store apps because those only apply to them.

is a good start. "Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences" isn't necessary anymore if you're running creators update, it's explained in the link.
You can't disable basic telemetry unless you're using the Enterprise version.
You can upgrade with this key NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867(v=ws.11).aspx docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-edition-upgrades
Then use kmspico/microsoft toolkit forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/kms-tools.51/ to activate it. You need an account. Be careful if downloading it from anywhere else, it's commonly bundled with viruses.

I like infographs cause they usually spark my interest in various topics such as this, and I have bad memories of trying to use kmspico on throwaway pcs, then again i never tried dling from such a legit looking place, then again again my windowa defender lit up red just from torrenting it, why do home owners not get to easily disable spying?

>my windowa defender lit up red just from torrenting it
Windows Defender might label clean versions of kmspico as microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS
That's normal.

>why do home owners not get to easily disable spying
Because normies start messing with the system and disable things just because the internet told them to and then wannacry happens.

Not really, at least for me. When I upgraded my graphics card I decided to move from W7 to W10. The problem is that as soon as I installed Crimson 17.7.2 for my MSI R9 270X, it crashed, leaving a blank backlit screen. I am STILL trying to fix the issue after 3 days. Won't work on 7 now either

b-because Sup Forums said so!!

>R9 270X
>AMD
>Surprised drivers are fucking up

????