/spg/ - Smartphone General - Essential Reviews Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Essential Phone, available now (US Only)
essential.com/blog/essential-phone-available-now

Essential Phone reviews:

The Verge
youtube.com/watch?v=3t5CxKxlTOA

Android Authority
androidauthority.com/essential-phone-review-794364/

youtube.com/watch?v=3Grns57T3XY

Engadget
youtube.com/watch?v=tLbpaOTo0sM

Android Central
androidcentral.com/essential-phone

Business Insider
businessinsider.com/essential-phone-smartphone-hands-on-2017-8

Tech Crunch
techcrunch.com/2017/08/18/hands-on-with-andy-rubins-essential-phone/
---------------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 will not launch in USA and China
cnbc.com/2017/08/16/nokia-8-launch-hmd-global-flagship-android-smartphone.html

ASUS commits to Android O, less bloat for the Zenfone 3 and 4 series
androidcentral.com/asus-commits-android-o-less-bloat-zenfone-3-and-4-series

old

Other urls found in this thread:

eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#/product/20540
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d usdPrice.360,f_min_d screenSize.5.2,f_max_d screenSize.5.8
youtube.com/watch?v=dfaeEoOZBfU
ebay.com/itm/5-7-LeTV-Leeco-Le-Max-2-Smartphone-Android-6-0-Quad-Core-6GB-64GB-21MP-Y1R2-/272794814587?hash=item3f83d6887b:g:ZFsAAOSw6hNZiIcg
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_679693.html
m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact_stars_in_leaked_renders_video-news-26805.php
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_423248.html?wid=11
gearbest.com/cell-phones-c_11293/c5_2gb~ram/?odr=low2high&odr_value=1
amazon.com/XT1671-Finger-International-Version-Desbloqueado/dp/B06XH4396B/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zenfone 4 - 500 euros

Any phone with the snapdragon 660 ?

First for Axon 7

Oppo R11 Plus

my headphones(in ear) that came with my lumia just broke, it lasted me 2 good years.
what other phone comes with good headphones?

What phone is that?

Love Adguard, but it only has free web blocking.

Any alternatives?

Is there any rivalling os to Lineage? I've heard about Resurrection and others, but it feels like a meme. What's the best one Sup Forums?

Who else here hasn't taken the factory plastic screen protector, off their phone??

One of the Zenfone 4 versions will have it

Stock.

Just trust your brand until it stops providing updates.

AdAway

It's all over the OP

Blocks some apps from running unfortunately

How's the G6?

Ive been using G3 for almost 3 years now and i feel like I want an upgrade

UK

No thank u, fuck MIUI

None. go buy Rock Zircons on aliexpress.

Hi /spg/
I'm looking for a phone to replace my Moto X Pure
I find it perfect except the battery is dog shit and the camera is mediocre
I was looking at the Nubia z11 mini s but I'm worried that it won't have much support since it's chink shit and the only ROMs for it seems to be in Russian.
What I'm really looking for is
>good battery life
>good camera
>Decent rom support or a decent upgrade path
>5.2" to 5.7"
>$300 USD (max 350 if it's REALLY worth it)

Which ones?

So what's the best mobile browser?
>Chrome
>Google Botnet, hogs memory.

>Firefox
>Clunky, funded by George Soros.

>Brave
>Can't even play web.ms

>Everything else
>Unstable garbage

Vaporware.

Resurrection basically is Lineage with more features on top and a few more bugs (usually).

Apps not worth using

We get cucked in europe because no quad dac nor double sim

What matters the most for me is battery life and Chrome has always used less battery than the others. I had to embrace the botnet.

>brave
>Can't even play web.ms

just get clover for that you dumb piece of shit

You can buy the H870DS version that has all that, double the storage compared to the euro version too

eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#/product/20540

Moto G5+ 4/64.

This

this or a lenovo p2, best battery around, great at everything minus the camera on low light.

Anyone have a Nexus 5x? My 5x froze and now won't turn on or charge. Is the whole phone broken or can I just replace the battery?

Lineage is the best one. Everything else is XDA-core cancer with the possible exception of Copperhead. Which only runs on two devices. Plus the Pixel if you pay them some shekels.
The second best option is probably to run your manufacturer's stock ROM, but manually rooted and debloated.

elinks

Chromium is also an option. There's a fully automatic installer/updater for it on F-Droid. The differences are probably minimal though.

Well no reason not to upgrade if you want then

>Moto G5+ 4/64.
Maybe I shouldn't be too picky but the new Moto G looks ugly af and
>SD 625
This one looks nice
Also what do you think of the new Lenovo K8 Note?

ok this has been irking me... alot. Everytime someone says an anti-consumer feature like non-removable battery or a lack of a microsd card people go
>anticonsumer feature
>2k17
LIKE WTF DOES A YEAR HAVE TO DO WITH A COMPANY FUCKING US? Fucking cancerous general. You vote with you damn wallets and if they take away a feature the hurts the consumer and makes us compromise then fuck them. We shouldn't need to compromise. Holy fuck.

i won't lie to you i don't like Mediatek. Except for the chipset everything looks great, camera too with the f/1.7 aparture could be good at low light.

So... any definite winner in the Snapdragon 835 phone race right now? T-mobile does not let me get chinkshit either.

>he new Moto G looks ugly af and SD 625
That's the same SoC on the ZTE nubia Z11 mini S you mentioned.

Alright other than having a mediakek SoC. but if you wanna go chink for $300 you can get much better than that e.g. Honor 8, Mi5s, Zuk Z2 Pro, Le Max 2 etc.

google Nexus 5x bootloop. you probably won't get it working again but they'll send you another one if you ask reaaal nice.

what are the best bang for your buck smartphones nowadays?

I haven't used any of those but I thought with magisk it's not a problem.
I hate how there's so much wasted space above the time and network indicators in notification bar.

Yes I should have cleared up the reason I wasn't sold on the Z11 was because of the soc
>Mi5s
/Csg/ says it's fragile as shit
>Zuk Z2 Pro
/csg/ says it over heats like a mofo
>Le Max 2
Has a SD 820 mostly likely it over heats like the Z2 pro
Tell me more about the honor 8

>elinks

The 80s are over user.

As someone who has a Zuk z2 normal I can tell you it's a fucking housefire

>Lenovo K8 Note
It's a Lenovo phone so don't expect many software updates, and it has a Mediatek SoC so don't expect custom ROM support either

>fragile as shit
That was the Mi5. Mi5s / Mi5s Plus are much better in that regard.

I really want the Note 8 but 999€? Shit

Any "good" and cheap toolboxes on ali?

Need a phone < $200 for chans, music, surfing.
Requirements: smooth interface and basic programs(browsers, music, jewtube) perfomance, no overheating problems, 720p+ resolution.
ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT: NO CHINK SHIT.
Help me out, Sup Forums.

S8/+

Alright does anyone have a Mi5s that can tell how's the battery life, the camera quality, and if overheats during camera usage, gps use, and just in general
Fucking hell why can't Motorola just that the X Pure and improve the soc, camera, and battery life and release it.

Thoughts on the G5S?

screen issue fixed?

Not worth it IMO, doesn't offer enough over the regular G5 to be worth the extra cost. Might as well buy the G5 Plus.

Moto E4

Is it a bootloop though? The battery won't even charge.

>Honor 8
+Fast SoC
+Pretty good camera
+5.2"
-EMUI aka iOS copycat
-meh battery

>Mi5s
+Fast SoC
+Good camera
-meh battery
-no OIS for video
-MiUi=bugs, notification issues etc.

I suggest you look in
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d usdPrice.360,f_min_d screenSize.5.2,f_max_d screenSize.5.8

and apply your filters and look around.

Thank you user-kun
Have an image

Yeah it's probably dead.

If you feel adventurous:
youtube.com/watch?v=dfaeEoOZBfU

>EDIT I cracked her open and used my Porter Cable heat gun to heat up the chip circled in orange in this picture.
>I used it on a low enough setting that I wasn't melting plastic, and I could stick my hand under it for 5 seconds before it became uncomfortable.
>I was able to charge and subsequently power on the phone.

ebay.com/itm/5-7-LeTV-Leeco-Le-Max-2-Smartphone-Android-6-0-Quad-Core-6GB-64GB-21MP-Y1R2-/272794814587?hash=item3f83d6887b:g:ZFsAAOSw6hNZiIcg

Why is it so cheap? I see the same phone for $400 everywhere else.

He asked no lags and no overheating problems :^)

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829

It's $200 new.

>Why is it so cheap?
The company behind it is nearly dead. it does have an official LineageOS port though.

Not that user, but I'd add the Mi5s also has official LineageOS available

pihole

I don't have any screen issue so yes?

What screen issue?

The edge is way less extreme than the S6 or S7 and the screen itself is gorgeous. I really like mine.

Dns66

When will we see a (nearly) bezelless 5" phone? Still sick and tired of the big phone meme that's still plaguing the market

Any chink phone around 200 that has great audio and screen ? good camera is a bonus

terrible advice unless you own a soldering kit.

get one of the xiaomi ones

I kind of hate to admit it but the g6 is quite perfect for people who like current 5inch phones

Except it feels more bulky than a S8. My girlfriend has one with a low profile case and the thickness and width makes it way less pleasant to use one handed than my S8.

Otherwise it seems pretty nice though.

The s8 is fragile for my taste and the g6 doesn't need a case I've used my friends and it's quite good for me I use a opx currently

Mi5s or ZUK Z2 Pro

Anyone here bought a phone from Light in the box? Planning on getting my mom a new phone for her birthday but never used Light in the box. How good are their return/repairs?

Also is the Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4X any good?

Mi5x

Cheapest new phone that isn't complete dogshit?

I need a disposable phone to travel with me to sketchier parts of the world. Only requirements are :
>can use Signal/Whatsapp
>decent battery life

Only one stupid app. CraveTV. Shit Canadian stream service I'm using for a few shows.

Redmi 4a or moto e5

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_679693.html

Why does nexus 5 (not 5x) have such a good cost to performance ratio but everything after just sucked

Don't buy a RN4X for your mother. it's the opposite of just werks, which is what you should get for your parents. Get something with stock android, Moto G5+ or similar.

What about Meizu M5?
They essentially cost the same where I live, but the camera isn't shit.

This, if it's for your mom get a moto phone

>gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_679693.html

Thanks user, this will do nicely.
I hope I don't end up on Liveleak somewhere with it, though.

Moto as in motorola moto or just moto or the fucking Lenovo moto?

I'm retarded and posted this in the old thread first.

I've had a Note 4 basically since release and I've never really done much with it. I mean I use it like mad but I've not done a clean re-install the whole time, nor really looked at CFW etc.

So I've decided it's time to fix this shit up. Any reccommended CFW for the Note? Ideally something that still lets me use the stylus.

m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact_stars_in_leaked_renders_video-news-26805.php

who /hype/ here?

Then use popcorn-time

Well the specs look like shit, tbqh get the e5 the camera is quite shit but atleast you'll get battery life

Thinking about getting an LG G4s, is it good? Anything better for the price? I can get it for €140, ideally I don't want to go much higher than that. Probably 160 or 170 bucks tops

Because its price was subsidized by Google. They're weren't making any profit selling it.

>1GB RAM
>8GB ROM
>current year
Don't be an idiot. get something with 2/16 or even whatsapp won't work.

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_423248.html?wid=11

gearbest.com/cell-phones-c_11293/c5_2gb~ram/?odr=low2high&odr_value=1

Do you buy a new phone every time your earphones break?

I bought an S8+ yesterday, yet I'm still using my Note 4 to shitpost. I'm afraid to use the S8+, because it feels so fragile.

Moto g5 plus

>literally bootloop=the phone
No you dumdum.

Same shit. Lenovo owns Motorola. the 2/32 G5 is $215 on amazon.

amazon.com/XT1671-Finger-International-Version-Desbloqueado/dp/B06XH4396B/

Bruh what are you running on your note 4?

The g5 isn't worth it, it's g5 plus or min4

>No you dumdum.
Sorry user, I don't know much about modern phones, my current smartphone is a Xperia Neo from 2012

those specs are more than enough for whatsapp. My mom's Moto E is also 1GB / 8GB and runs it without problems.