Why do 1980's technology look so much better than today? Is it because of Japan?

Why do 1980's technology look so much better than today? Is it because of Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QSoI4-0Dfww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you think that looks good?

dumb weeb

I think it's the color combination rather than the design itself. But that box looks so comfy.

Theres something about technology in the 80s that speaks to me more than today. Everything is so drab and minimalistic now, its like living in huxleys brave new world

everything was overdesigned
every little feature you take for granted today was once a NEW feature and they proudly wrote stupid shit like STEREO SOUND 16-BIT 44.1k OVERSAMPLING on cd players to make them look more futuristic.

Yeah thats probably right. I like the lables on everything and it looks like a lot more care is taken when the products are being made. In response to 's comment, I saw this video youtube.com/watch?v=QSoI4-0Dfww and it talks about how the Japanese took pride in providing the best products when competing with american brands. I dont see the passion anymore in todays tech. Everything is a copy of everything, no new style or innovation. Smartphones all look like little metal slabs. The average cars are pretty much indistinguishable from each other. The main colours being used are monotones. Even in the early 2000s the plastic colouring on phones were different

vaporwave af

Are you joking? Shit looks hideous. It's just a bad example of retro futurism.

This design is only comfy because you associate it with good functioning standalone equipment.

Thank you. I did not hear of this term retro futurism before but I think that pretty much is the aesthetic ive been looking for. Games like MGSV displayed things like that pretty well.

>Shit looks hideous.
Confirmed millennial.

Silver truly is the best color for audio equipment

designing and building the best quality product is a dying art.. it's just so much easier and there's just lot more money to be made cranking out cheap retarded disposable crap like these portable chink fidget spinner mp3 players that don't even spin or have a headphone jack

That's brown with silver inlets.
Because that was what sold back in the day. Now, sleek, slim, etc sells.

Do you actually care about the marketing or are you just here to blog post about your fetish?

>That's brown with silver inlets.
You mostly see the front though.

That doesn't really look like 80s design. More like late 70s.

It's almost impossible to say anything on Sup Forums now without some absolutely assblasted normalfaggot lunatic calling you a weeb.

Soros' shils don't like anime.

>Shit looks hideous.
>Confirmed millennial
No, just advanced retard millennial.
The OP image is sexy as fuck. It makes me want to learn electrical engineering so I can at least build a clock and source my own panel like that. Getting some brushed aluminum/stainless like that may be pretty hard/expensive for a DIY though. That is clean.

t. weeb

Holy shit, this exists...

Fuck Japan

OP

Less is more man, less shit to break.

Nah it was better looking everywhere. My old ass air conditioner is sexy with its fake wood paneling and overall design that gors well with the nearby brick wall and fireplace but I can't find a single modern A/C that looks similar. Its all ugly off white plastic monstrosities.

weeaboo website

I think it all began in the 70s but because of high price of transistors, there was a decade shift of getting these gizmos under the ceilings of the masses. Not to mention the people behind the iron curtain, who could get these in the 90s.

because everything has to look "premium" nowadays or at least "like apple".

The definition of premium must have changed

Some more

Everything these days tries to look like apple shit

Normalfaggot retard.

What the fuck does this have to do with Sup Forums?

It's not.

This.

Designers are retards and Steve Jobs is to blame.

Please post more, I also enjoy those.
Will contribute once I arrive home.